The Body Shop Eyebrow kit

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc, Mica, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Wax, Polybutene, Carnauba, Dimethicone, Sclerocarya birrea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Methicone, Propylparaben.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

OK, simply put, I swear by this. I'm not even kidding. Whoever thought that using a PEN to fill in eyebrows was a good idea??? It's a b---- to make it go on evenly, and one little mistake involving a stroke with too much pressure and you need to bust out the makeup remover to get it off.

I've been using this little baby for god-knows-how-long, and it gives me perfect eyebrows every day. The brush is great because it's stiff enough to control with little problems and the angle makes it perfect to contour to the natural arching and tapering of the brow. It's about $18, and lasts for waaaay longer than you'd think it would. And, no sharpening required!

And, as other reviewers have said, I'm pretty sure it can stay on through a bombing raid - until you wash your face, at which point it comes off with ease.

Without a doubt, my favorite, favorite brow product ever, and one of my 2 never-go-anywhere-without-it beauty essentials.

on 2/16/2010 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really, really love this brow powder. The powder comes in 2 shades, one darker than the other, probably one for the length and one for the fine tail-end of the arch. I bought no. 3; it perfectly matches my black hair. I just used it the other night, and it was so hot that my eyeshadow had completely melted off by the end of the night - but my brows were still immaculate!

This was recommended by my mother - she's been using her Body Shop powder for the past god-knows-how-many-years, and while I couldn't get the exact same one again, this one's great.

Bought it for SGD$26.90. Not cheap, but I expect to be using it for the next decade like my mum has...! x)

on 12/15/2009 4:02:00 AM

This brow kit is fantastic! I've had it for over a year now and even with daily use there is still a ton of product left. I'm a very dark blonde, and the 02 shade (I believe it's intended for brunettes) is a good fit for me - a little dark, but with proper application and blending of the two colours it goes on well.

Now, the brush. Oh, the brush. I actually haven't had any issues with it - maybe I just got used to it because I didn't have another slanted brush I was willing to devote to my brows. I find the stiff, bristly end to be very good for filling in my brows but the pointed end is useless.

Took off one lippie for a lack of blonde-friendly colours!

on 12/9/2009 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this a lot. I was using dark eye shadow to fill in my brows, but it was such a mistake. After I switched to this my brows look much more natural and nice. I have no problem using the bruch that comes with it - I had a sales to show me how to use it before I buy it. However, I've not compare it with other brow kits.

on 11/16/2009 6:38:00 AM

I used this more or less every day, but I would use a pencil to kind of get a more defined shape, then fill in with this powder. I think the powder does do a great job- but would have been better if the other section was a wax of some sort. Personally, I found the brush ok to use- not sure if this is because I have some sort of wax stuck on it too! But it makes it nice, harder and angled for me, so can't grumble there. I thought it was an ok kit overall. I moved to Benefits browzings which is so pricey, but does a fab job- but have kept the body shop brush to apply it! You just can't get the even balance can you?!! Is there ONE PERFECT KIT?? I would not buy this again as I have found one I love, but if you wanted a cheaper alternative to the others on the market- I would recommend this!

on 11/12/2009 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i got this in 02 brunette/brown and while the colors are good (they match my hair & skintone nicely), i hate the brush that comes with it. it's curved and hard to use. or maybe i just dont know how to use it? anyway, i won't repurchase this. there are many other brow definers that are much easier to use and cheaper, too.

on 8/22/2009 9:40:00 AM

I do agree with the other reviewers, the brush is bad. I use The Body Shop's slanted eye brush instead. The colours are a bit too dark and can look quite harsh for me.

on 8/17/2009 7:42:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I bought the shade recommended for blondes, but it's still much too dark for my skin and hair colour. I think the colours are more suited to darker hair colours. The product itself was really good in filling in my sparse brows and added that bit of oomph I want, but it really didn't last all day on a busy work day.

I'd definately buy this again if I had darker hair, but for very fair blondes, it's too dark.

on 6/28/2009 11:45:00 AM

god i hate this. the brush is like, CRAP !
i just can't describe it ! DON'T BUY THIS !

on 3/25/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It's too powdery and smears after a while, and the packaging sucks. It randomly opens sometimes. Brush is also hard to use. You need a plastic bag or something for this because the cakes of product cracks into a thin crumbly powder, & spills into your bag. When you use it, powder falls onto your cheeks.
Have started using this as an eyeliner by wetting the brush..it's working out okay...eyes look naturally defined I guess. Can't wait to finish this crappy thing up, though.

Popular Brows Products