November 26, 2014 | 928 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband & I both use this one a week or so to clean out our hair after product build-up of hairsprays, gels, stylers, etc.
This works incredibly well & does exactly what its meant to.
I can sometimes get away with just one wash, sometimes i need to do a double cleanse to make sure ive cleansed properly but i have very thick, long hair.
It smells citrusy but you do get a slight whiff of the acidic side too - however it is neither overwhelming nor off-putting.
I used to use Redken All Soft shampoo & conditioner but since they changed their formula, I have stopped using it so I was not convinced by Redken anymore. This product though is good & works like it should.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by starshar

I use hairspray almost on a daily basis because of work. And after two years of working, my hair had so much hairspray buildup that my hair became sticky. Shampooing twice does not work at all. I became desperate and came across this product.

Then miracle and saviour came. I wasnt kidding, this leaves my hair SO clean and smooth. The stickiness is gone, and now I can continue to use my hairspray without worrying about the residue because I know I have Redken to save my day. Because of the hairspray, my hair's been thinning, so I hope this will eventually help with hair loss as well. (I'll update on this!)

It is pricey, about S$30.90 for 300ml, but so worth it, I reccommend everyone to get this! I wish it comes with a pump, but it doesnt really matter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent clarifying shampoo - my favorite out of the ones I've tried. It is color safe, which not all clarifying shampoos are. Smells like citrus, not my favorite, but the product works well. I use once a week to remove product build up. A reasonable price for a salon quality shampoo. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by parispink169

Love this shampoo. Only clarifying shampoo I've bought in a long time. I like to use a lot of products on my hair, and this gets it soft and clean every time. I usually use it once a week (twice if I style my hair with a lot of hairspray) and follow it up with a deep conditioner. It it safe on color-treated hair and lasts a long time. Will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is nice!: ) I don't know that it deep cleans or removes product build up or if all of that is just a gimmick, but I do love my oily/cream based hair treatments so I figured it would be a good idea to try this. I have used and was pleased with other Redken shampoos and conditioners exclusively( before Pureology debut) I do think Hg hair products do perform better if you occasionally alternate them with other quality products and this is a good one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this based on all the rave reviews as my hair was looking so limp lifeless and just meh no matter how many times I washed it it had this wierd greasy feeling and it just lacked body I was convinced my hair was thinning so I kept buying hair growth products to try and thicken it and still it looked the same until I used this and holy heck my hair is sundelly restored to its beautiful thick lustrous self again all this time it was build up that was leaving my hair so weighed down limp and lifeless since I have started using this and the whole redken line my hair has never looked this good since I was a child I love this so much it has saved my hairs life thank you redken:)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this pretty well. It's not my beloved, discontinued Aveda Detoxifier, but it gets the buildup out without stripping my hair. I really like the scent - it's slightly citrus, which I love - but it doesn't seem to stick around after rinsing, which is also good. I use it about once a week, whenever I feel like my fine hair is starting to get weighed down and it always comes out nice and soft and fluffy. I'm never seem to use the same conditioner after, so I'm giving the snaps to this shampoo. :) I'd highly recommend it and will continue to use until unless I find something better. Oh, and a little goes a long way, so a bottle tends to last me pretty long (a year or so) and my hair is now down between my shoulder blades. I think the trick is to keep it to the scalp, if you have longer hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is an okay product. I don't think it clarifies that well. For the price you pay, I think there are better products out there. My hair also falls out a lot with this shampoo so I will not be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My professional stylist used this on me after i got my hair professionally colored from blonde back to brown (well, a shade darker than my natural, so now i am a dark brunette). This is what my salon uses after they color someone's hair, just to make sure all the dye and chemicals are out. Then, they use any other Redken or Pureology shampoo and conditioner that you want them to use(prettyy cool)....I picked this up the other day because it has been about 11 days since i have colored my hair and i use styling products everyday, and noticed there was some build up.

This works VERY WELL! My hair feels squeeky clean and feels like all the build up is gone!!

-ONLY USE THIS ONCE A WEEK OR ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH PRODUCT YOU USE IN YOUR HAIR, OR IF YOU HAVE HARD WATER.

ALSO IMPORTANT: Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner or a really good shampoo and conditioner after, because it can be somewhat drying. I use the Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner after.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:06:00 AM More reviews by laurajaylee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using redken all soft and before that extreme.
I was starting to find my hair needed to be washed more often due to my hair getting greasy faster.

this shampoo left my hair like i had just come out of the hairdresser sparkly clean. I have only used this one but the difference is amazing i love it! It is drying though so I followed this with my macadamia deep treatment! this will be a staple in my hair routine i think ill use it every 2 week as a extra treat to my hair. there not much smell from this shampoo and i like that if isn't to over powering! I wouldn't use it too often if you have dry hair !