MAC Frost - Phloof! (Hollidazzle)

4.6

on 1/7/2011 10:23:00 AM

i love this eyeshadow to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. it really does brighten the whole look up. sometimes i use this for my brows too. i love this and use this every time i have eyeshadows on :) this also works good as an all over lid colour, i tend to use this with all that glitters or modelette which is a l/e eye shadow.

I know I have a million highlighter eyeshadows, but I can probably toss them all and just use Phloof! I love matte makeup and stay away from glitter, but I find Phloof to be more shimmery and almost iridescent than glittery, so I love it for a subtle highlight under the brow bone and for the tear duct. It applies well, shows up, and stays put. The packaging is simple and small. Perfect!

on 11/12/2010 3:36:00 PM

The MAC sales lady talked me into getting this instead of crystal avalanche. I was looking for a white and very frosty es that I could use to highlight my brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes....well this hardly shows up on my NC25 skin! I have to layer this so much...and it's not as frosty as I wanted. Think benefit high beam but in shadow form- that's what I'm looking for. This was sadly not it!

Forsty, white and bright....its a disco-ball! I wanted Shroom and the MAC girl gave me this accidently. When I got home I figured, try it..... SO I did but it's not at all what I wear day/night. TOO FROSTY! I think frost eyeshadows are cheap looking and not for day time wear now in the year 2010. If you are wearing it as a highlighter, I can see using it but still it's very white. I don't think anyone should sweep this over the entire lid to the browbone because it's very stipper looking then. It reminds me of the eyeshadow my best friend wore at sixteen, very teeny bopper.

I only use this in the inner corner of my eyes at night to brighten my eyes but I don't think I'll ever finish this shadow nor will I ever re-purchase it again.

on 10/28/2010 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

STUNNING! My HG highlighter eyeshadow!
I use this in the tearduct and just underneath my eyebrow. On my brow bone it gives a really natural shine (i'm NC20). I can wear just mascara and this on the tearduct and brow bone and it looks beautiful.
Highly rec for a highlighter!
Also, I had a shower and thought all my makeup would come off, which it did, EXCEPT THIS! This stayed clearly on my tear duct. How?! No idea, but the lasting power is certainly amazing :)

on 10/17/2010 3:51:00 PM

Phloof! looked like a beautiful shimmery highlighter colour at the counter, but when I applied it, it looked rather disco-tastic! I wouldn't get it again as I like a more subtle look.

on 10/17/2010 3:39:00 PM

My dear, beloved phloof has saved me on several occasions. It just seems to brighten up my eyes and waken me up. It's the perfect highlight colour for me - hazel eyes/nc15 skin.
My advice? Don't pass up the chance to try this. I promise you won't regret it!

on 10/16/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love this! HG highlighter.
Mac Phloof! is a frosty whitish champagne with a hint of pink. It goes on a tad brighter than it appears like in the pot. As with the other Mac eyeshadows (at least the ones I have tried), it's quite pigmented so you don't need much product.
My skin is dehydrated and a lot of eyeshadows looks dry and chalky when applied to my face other than my eyelids (which are oily). Phloof! does not. It's more creamy, and goes on a lot more smooth. It looks *gorgeous* when applied to the inner corner of my eyes! It stays on for a really long time, too. I occasionally use this under my brow as a highlight, and on my lip groove.
If you opt for a very natural look, however, Phloof! might not be for you. For people wanting the eyeshadow to completely 'disappear', this can look a tad too frosty. For reference I have fair skin, or light-medium, but if you have darker than medium skin, I can imagine you would have to be more careful, or, don't go with Phloof!.
EDIT: Hmm, I stopped using this a long time ago. Found it to be a little too metallic and cool toned (for me). It's also not that long-wearing IMO. Don't think it's bad though

on 9/13/2010 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

One of my favorite highlight colors. A cool soft shimmery pinkish-nude color. Highly pigmented, doesn't crease, wears all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

GREAT highlighter! I bought multiples so i would never run out. Its great for an all over lid color when you really want to do a "wow" look. I don't find it to have too much shimmer like some of the other reviews. I even use it on the tops of my cheekbones sometimes to make them pop.