August 1, 2014 | 1730 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Le Vernis Nail Color

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

Dragon 475 is from Chanel's newest Collection, Rouge Allure Laque. It is a TRUE red and very similar to the discontinued Fire 59/159. It applied very well, with full depth in one coat. Dragon was not thick or streaky like Rouge Noir can be.

The only thing that bothers me about Chanel nail polishes is that they show wear on the tips more quickly then say Dior or cheaper brands like Essie, OPI or China Glaze. But if you missed out on Fire, Dragon is a dead on ringer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do my nails and only uses Chanel

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by duke27511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I heard great reviews on it (I bought it in black satin). However, when I applied it on my nails it looked horrible. I thought somehow the quality would be great because it was Chanel, however, it's just as bad as a nail polish I would pay a $1.50 for at Walmart. It was extremely goopy, even after applying a base coat and top coat.

There's no better nail polish than OPI, so I would never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love my Chanel Le Vernis! I must have nearly 30 of them, they look lovely all lined up! I find that the colours are the best out there, they are always stunning and classy and are highly pigmented, some require just one coat (Vendetta) while the rest are bottle colour in 2 coats. I used to have wear issues but with lots of patience and trial and error using different base and top coat combinations, I have found they wear much better with either the Chanel Base coat or OPI Nail Envy and for me no topcoat (but thats the same with any topcoat on me, for some reason they all make my polish peel off!). Mani's last around four-five days and pedis can last for weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Malenad

I own over 60 Chanel nail polishes. They do not wear better than OPI or other polishes. BUT the colors are the best. If you want to wait a season or 2 for the newest shade, you don't have to spend 20 bucks and buy Chanel. But if you want the latest color or the most beautiful, pigmented colors available, then you have to bite the bullet and buy Chanel. My favorite of all time is Ruby Slipper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by greatodinsraven

Normally I wouldn't dream of spending this much money on a nail polish but I had a gift certificate and I ending up buying Shanghai Red. It goes on so beautifully, one layer is all you need to get the color you see in the bottle and it maintains its shine for days. The brush is great, very user friendly. It dries fast, the lasting power is ridiculous. It's just a great quality product, I do feel like you get what you pay for. You may not get the color variety as some other products but all the colors are beautiful, rich colors. I don't know if I would recommend it to people who go through a lot of polish unless you have that kind of money to burn but as someone who doesn't wear polish often it's a nice, worthwhile indulgence.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by iliana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply wouldn't change it... Great colours, long-lasting and as shiny as it gets! In my opinion, Chanel's Le Vernis and YSL's La Laque are the nail polish leaders

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

meh- I don't know about this one... I have 2 chanel polishes, blue satin and kaleidoscope. I splurged for blue satin last spring, and I love the color immensely (same with kaleidoscope) however, the wear is awful in my opinion. I have only used it on my fingers at this point, perhaps I'll have better luck on my toes, polish seems to last much longer there anyway.

Pros:
-Gorgeous, highly pigmented, unique colors (the reason I scored it a 3, rather than a 1)

Cons:
-the price is outrageous for nail polish, you're just paying for the name.
-The wear is AWFUL, it chips and peels same day, even with a base coat, 2 coats of color, and a top coat, each allowed to dry before the next coat is applied -- I work at a bank, so I use my hands a lot (but I keep my nails very short, below my finger tips in fact, so polish shouldn't chip).
-does not dry 100% quite fequently. With blue satin I can paint my nails, let dry for over an hour and then use the drying spray and STILL smudge the polish as if it was still wet. Also there have been times I have painted my nails around noon, and then gone to bed that evening only to wake up with SHEET MARKS on my nails! how can this be after more than 12 hours of drying time?

Overall, I am not a big fan of Chanel nail polishes, I could go to walgreens and by their entire collection of wet 'n' wild, or sinful colors for the price of one bottle of Chanel, or even 2-3 OPI polishes and be confident that my manicure will last a week instead of wasting 20 bucks and an hour of my time on a Chanel manicure that may last a few hours... if I'm lucky. An iconic high-end brand such as Chanel should hold up better than a 1 dollar DS nail polish in my opinion, but sadly, this isn't the case...

I guess my friend who works at the Chanel counter in Dillards said it best... "Chanel nail polish is for rich girls who don't have to use their hands much"

If only Chanel didn't have such unique, gorgeous colors I would honestly be able to say I'd never waste my money on another one of their polishes again...however, that Vendetta shade looks awesome, and I may have to go against my better judgement and get it. (and then probably be angry with myself for doing it when it chips an hour later...)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by bebe031403

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the DARK BLUE shade that was real popular last spring. I bring this everytime i get my nails and toes done and this thing last until my next mani/ pedi. i have acrylic nails and it doesnt chip. i am on my computer the whole day, 5X a week, 20 days a month and i have to say, it is worth every cent i paid for it... but then again if you are the type that likes to change colors all the time you may not want to invest on it... but since i am the one color a season type of girl, $20 is worth it... i wear it french (instead of the boring white) and i always get compliments on my nails... i like to be different but still chic.. definitely looking for my next shade for spring..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

Color is really vibrant, and last quite long, didnt chip much, but the polish dries off really quick, as in hardens in the bottle.Color doesnt dry as fast as i wanted too though. But its worth trying as the color is absolutely gorgeous!