October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had purchased this cleanser quite sometime ago and had put it in my closet and forgot about it. My bad! I have used baby wash for years to cleanse my face and to keep my eyelids clean, I have trouble with allergies messing with my eyes and this was recommended by my dermatologist. After sometime I began to notice that the perimeter of my face felt dry and I could feel like little plugs in my pores. I pulled my Purity out and decided that I needed to start using it so I could get it finished. I was amazed by what happened. I thought I was seeing little specks of cotton leftover from my toner step. It wasn't. There was a very thin layer of skin just rolling up and coming off. After I kept after it and it seemed done (with whatever it was doing) my face felt so soft and I looked glowy. The little "plugs" were GONE. I now use it when I wear makeup during the day and want to remove it thoroughly. It doesn't irritate my eyes, I love the slight lavender scent it has, and my face has never looked more luminious. Love this stuff! When I get low on this bottle I might purchase the large size with a pump. But I will never be without this little jewel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never repurchased a cleanser before in my life, Purity might be the first! I have been using it for about 2 months now and have really enjoyed it. It removes makeup really well, even eye makeup, has a nice herbaly lemony scent, rinses completely, and doesn't dry my face out. It also doesn't sting my eyes! In the 2 months I've been using Purity my face has been pretty well behaved, no major breakouts and my pores seem clean and maybe even a bit smaller. I only wish it wasn't so expensive! I have the 8 oz. size and don't remember exactly how much I paid, but it was over $20USD, and for a cleanser that is a lot of money. It does seem to be lasting a very long time, though. I plan on buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MarilynLeigh

This smells amazing and didn't make my skin break out. However, I like it, and I'm not opposed to buying expensive products, but I can't justify buying an expensive face wash when a cheap one can work just as well (I use acne.org cleanser or purpose). I love philosophy face creams though. Nothing works as well for me as those.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by violetta16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible product. Way overhyped. I always had fairly good skin, if I even had one breakout I would freak out about it. I decided to use this product because of what others said about it. Long story short it dried out my skin like crazy And gave me flesh colored bumps. Horrible. I stopped using it and my skin went back to its original state.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by SophMcD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I re bought it 3 times and I last time I got the huge size. it's a Milky texture with a soft herbal scent almost, that's very soothing and spa like. It removes all traces of make up, even stubborn make up (might have to massage into skin a little longer for those sometimes) ...my face feels super clean and not stripped afterwards. I still get breakouts from time to time so it doesn't help that. A good cleanser for all skin types and make up removal.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a 2 oz sample of this in my new beauty test tube. I tried using this recently for a few days morning and night. I used it as directed (leave on for 60 seconds). First of all it smells exactly like bug repellant spray lol. Not a big deal but thought I would mention it. But yeah while washing it has a slimy texture, it doesn't foam up unless you were to really make an attempt but that's not an issue just mentioning. There is *some* foaming action but not much. After using my face looks mostly okay but doesn't feel clean (and I only use mineral powder or bb cream). If I had a breakout then that area would be reddened after washing. After the first day I could tell this just was not working for my skin. My skin felt dirty, pores were larger, face seemed irritated. After the third day I was breaking out a LOT. I was getting crazy huge pimples all around my mouth and chin area. And I was getting pimples in strange places like the tip of my nose and around my eye sockets lol. Something in this was quite irritating and didn't wash off my face probably. I don't personally feel that this face wash is gentle or effective. For reference my face is sensitive oily and clog prone, Acne prone especially with irritating ingredients. Therefore I cannot recommend this face wash and I will have to figure out what to do with the remainder as I never throw anything out that isn't expired (and neither should you!) maybe I will use as a brush cleaner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Love this! I've been using this for 2 months and my skin really likes it! I have sensitive and VERY acne prone skin. This does not break me out and it doesn't dry my skin out either. It does a great job of removing face makeup, but does struggle a little with waterproof mascara.

The only negative for me is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this cleanser for about three years now and I figured it was time to write a review! Prior to this cleanser I was using Clinique's Acne Solutions Foaming Cleanser, and I now know that was way too harsh for my skin! I have combination skin which is at times sensitive, and I will get a blemish every once in a while, but I am by no means "Acne-Prone". Purity is exactly what it claims to be, a pure, balancing cleanser. It is so gentle and soothing, I never feel like the oils have been stripped off my face after I cleanse. It does a great job at removing all of my makeup when I use it with my Clarisonic, however I do remove my eye makeup prior to using this. I have been on the routine of using Purity with my Clarisonic, followed by Clinique's 2 toner for three years and my skin has never looked or felt better. I was confused by all of the negative reviews on here, but I guess everyone's experience is different. I'm not sure how well this would work if your main goal was to control acne, but to keep a clean, balanced complexion it is perfect. The price isn't too bad when compared to some other options in Sephora or department stores, and honestly I don't mind paying the higher price tag for such a wonderful product. I actually quite enjoy the smell, I find it fresh and light! Philosophy has hit it out of the park with Purity, I never feel the need to even look for an alternative, that's how in love I am.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by ayanelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great for taking off makeup. Not like an amazing product or something I swear by. It does the job and I will use this until I find a better makeup remover.

Pros
Great at taking off makeup
Cons
Hate the smell
Weird consistency

meh :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I always come home to you! <3 I've been given other cleansers as gifts, so used them, but always come back to Purity. It NEVER hurts my eyes. It CLEANS. My skin is soft and balanced after use.
The scent is AMAZING.