October 21, 2014 | 1537 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Foaming Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I see a lot of the reviews on this product are negative, which doesn't surprise me since none of the well reviewed products here seem to work for me! Recently, I gave up on my skin. I haven't had acne this bad since I was a teenager, and I have been going insane trying to find a cleanser that will help. I bought this on a whim at an outlet store in Niagara Falls, and truly wasn't expecting anything miraculous. In less than a week, it has started clearing up and drying out my stubborn breakouts. I'm talking zits I've had for months and months that previously had no plans of leaving my face. I was worried that it would dry out my face, seeing as that's what foam cleansers tend to do to my skin, but it hasn't dried me out at all. It removes all my makeup, and visibly cleans out my pores. The only negative thing I can say is that I don't feel like this will last very long, and I highly doubt I'll find it for $13 at their regular stores. Will I repurchase? Hellllllls yeah!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by wesharethenight

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Claims to get rid of blemishes, but I find that this doesn't work any better than a regular cleanser would. It's pricey too, compared to other cleansers that would do the job for a lower price and that have a better smell. Tea tree oil doesn't smell that nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ever since I used this I frequently have less blemishes on my skin. It works great preventing acne and for oily skin. It's a gel based and foams a little bit with water, but if you're used to foam cleanser than it may not be for you. It will be drying if you have drier areas on the skin. The scent is ok but it's no bother.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a great product. I have combination skin, which is oily in the summer, and dry in the winter. I was surprised that I can use this and it does not dry my skin out or leave it tight. I only use this facial cleanser or any facial cleanser once per day in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Luminesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was given this product as a gift and was so mortified by it...yuck! It is seriously drying, irritating and broke my skin out very badly. I can't imaging this is helpful for any skin type as it doesn't seam to do anything but strip the skin of nourishing oils and trust me when I say it took ages to balance my usually normal skin back to its original condition. I am all for natural products but this one is simply terrible.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by mrsaugusta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found that this facewash did not work for my oily skin as it made me "overproduce" oil shortly after using it. However the product foamed well and was a good price and may work for others. Make sure you keep it in a ziplock bag if you are travelling with it as I found that the lid had a tendancy to loosen up and leak.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love the cleansing gel from the same line and i still have a bit of it. i actually went to buy another bottle of that, but they didnt currently have it.. so i bought this one :) its more gentle version of the cleansing gel and its basically a liquid what you pump on your hands and it comes out as a foam. i LOVE foaming cleansers, but im not really into foam cleansers, because they usually completly melt on my face. but this suprisingly didnt! it stayed as a foam on my face and it worked pretty much as well as the cleansing gel. i propably like the gel more, but this is also as good.. i might switch up sometimes to the foam if i get bored to the gel :) but i recommend this for sensitive, acne prone/combination/oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by tormlen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I have very oily, "unsensitive" skin. I get break outs all the time, especially when I'm stressed. I can see how this would dry a lot of people's skin out, but I really don't have a problem with it. I like that you can feel a little bit of a tingle when you put this on, and you can feel it working. However, this alone is not enough to control my acne. Then again, I don't think I've ever been completely pimple free since the third grade. When using this with the right products, my break outs were very, very minimal and under control.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Tea Tree Oil Gel face wash for years and I tried this because I just wanted a change and figured it would work just as well. It still controlled my break-outs but for some strange reason is $2 more for literally less product than the gel version of the same line. The foaming thing makes me feel like half the stuff gets washed down the drain or just ends up elsewhere than my face, whereas the gel when used with The Body Shop scrubber pads gives better control, no foam in the eyes/mouth, and a deeper feeling clean. Not a bad product, but doesn't perform as well as its predecessor. Will be going back to old faithful as soon as this runs out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using it for a month or so, just stopped a few days ago and it didn't do anything at all about my breakouts, in fact my skin is actually worse (but I wouldn't credit it to this, can't be sure).
It cleans well, like squeaky-clean-omg well. Made my face red and blotchy though. I was using it with a really good moisturizer but still my skin was superdry.
I'd say unless you have oily or combo skin, don't try this. It is very very drying and since it also seems to contain all sorts of fun things, it wouldn't be good for sensitive skin either.
I wouldn't get it again and it makes me sad that I have a bottle and a half of it (my sister bought me the second the day I got my first as a gift heh) since it's not the cheapest stuff there is.