October 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Evening Primrose Overnight Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

I got this in sample size in one of the little kits. I've tried to make it work for my oily skin by telling myself that high-quality natural oils are non-comedogenic and help balance facial oil production, but the truth remains... this cream makes me break out and makes my skin feel clogged and uncomfortable. It is loaded with good-sounding ingredients and actually would make a lovely lip balm... if it wasn't for the pervasive, unpleasant, urine-like stale rose scent that accompanies this cream. Burt's seems to do much better with clean, simple, single-note scents, as in their peppermint lip balm and lemon cuticle creme. Every floral/herbal-scented Burt's product I've tried has been, not only heavy as sin, but nasty and medicinal and "off" somehow. I'm a very olfactory person and demand that my products smell GOOD!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Love it. Should come in a tube.
First try, I tried the toner and then applied a little bit of lotion (Nope!)!
Second try, I tried spraying my fast with the carrot complexion and then applied a little bit of lotion (Nope!)!
Third "Three Times A Charm" Try, SUCCESS! I had a bit of lotion on my fingers and sprayed the carrot complexion directly on the lotion and patted on effortlessly.
Overall, it is a great healthy treatment combination that has a touch of "spa" application when you think about the effort one makes to have this product work!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thank God for this cream! I have been rather over zealous recently with the ACV toner and other madly astringent products, needless to say I have gotten rid of my super oily face-but at the expense of stripping my face of every last drop of moisture! My skin has gone from being an oil slick to red, scaly, lined patches (Cautionary tale- Neat ACV is just too harsh to use every day regardless of your skin type even with a good moisturiser, especially now that the weather has changed) I always thought dry skin was better than oily, but believe me having all those gross, flakey patches made me yearn for my old greasy face. I tried every cream and serum & balm I could get my hands on. None of them made a substantial difference even my trusty Skin Food wasn't doing it, out of desperation I tried the little mini jar of this night cream that came in the Burt's Bee's facial kit , the only reason I have it is because it was a birthday gift for a friend (she has dry/normal skin) and I keep forgetting to send it to her (thank goodness I am so inefficient).It worked wonderfully and soothed my leathery red skin, though I was hesitant as the texture was a cross between hardened lamb fat and chilled butter. Despite my fears it worked brilliantly and after 2 days my skin is almost back to normal and it hasn't caused any blackheads even though it is so rich. If your skin is normal and you want to give it a try I would follow the last reviewers instruction to thoroughly dampen your face with a hydrating liquid, I favour Rose Water which can be found in Drug stores or much cheaper in Middle Eastern Grocers, I paid ĢI.49 for 250ml. Also don't even think about applying this like a regular cream you really need to manage it like a Decleor/Darphin Baume after hydrating your face ,take a small amount and rub between your fingertips until it melts, dab on and massage gently.Apart from people like myself who sabotage their poor complexions, I would only reccommend this to sensitive/dry/very dry skins or possibly when flying or for use as a barrier cream if you swim frequently - this is tonnes better than any petroleum based product like Vaseline or Creme De La Mer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by zimaleah501

Works well but is MUCH too thick and greasy for my skin, even at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jarhanda

Okay, so I am a fulltime model and I get alot of products for free, but lately work has been killing me and I'm seeing some fine lines that have got to go bye bye. let me tell you I have used just about everything, and this is one of the best night cremes I have ever used and for the price how can you not just give it a try? This does what my Creme de La Mer thinks it should do, and for a whole lot less. I use it everyother night because it is so mositurizing, this with the serum has made me and my agent some very happy girls.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by katrinachips

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

WHy on earth does a company create a cream that smell so awful? It's beyond me. And the greasiness!! Come'on, even rhinos and elephants would find the thickness of the cream OTT.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2005 8:41:00 AM More reviews by cheezwhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since this is an overnight cream, I apply it before bedtime. I find a little goes a long way. That probably explains the packaging and amount. I don't find the scent to be strong at all. This is a very effective cream that, once I warm up a small amount on my fingertips, it glides easily over my dry skin, like butter! Also, unlike other creams, I wake up with super soft skin! Not too bad for $14.99! This is a definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ceelocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I 've been using this for a week now after I ran out of Dr. Hauska Rose cream. So far, so brilliant!!While I don't really care for the smell, it is so effective. I will tolerate that...it wears off after a while anyway!
The only thing is the jar is thick so there isn't really as much product inside as you'd think...but, if it continues to have this effect, I will be repurchasing it!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ericaberryy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was horrible. I have dry patches of skin and this didnt help and it didnt seem like it wasnt sinking in. It just sat there and I dont like the flowery/furniture cleaner smell.
gross

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2005 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Tchachka

Way too greasy... doesn't absorb completely, and I think my skin has gotten kinda bumpy after this. Feels like wearing a mask to bad... kinda suffocating for the skin. Wouldn't recommend for ppl with thin white skin in their 20's...