August 31, 2014 | 960 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I bought this to replace the glycolic toner in the pro activ set, and so far I like it a lot better. It doesn't dry out my skin and I am able to use it every day. I only use it once a day, in the evening and it has helped the hyperpigmentation I have from acne on my chin. It also seems to help cystic blemishes heal faster. It is cheap and easy to find as well. I will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

This is perhaps the best treatment I've ever used for acne. I have found as I turned 22 that that brief period of clear skin bliss between the end of my teenaged acne and the begining of my hormonal adult acne was over.

I began to develope big pustule pimples and even some cystic acne along my jawline and for a year I diligently tried out several different treatments (BP, tea tree oil, neutrogena acne stress control, argan oil, various methods of gentle manual exfoliation) with no results.

I read reviews and the skin care board here on mua and decided to give an alpha hydrox glycolic acid product a try. The enhanced lotion had the best reviews and the highest repurchase percentage. And for a good reason: it's awesome! After months of diligence with other products, a few weeks of using this aha lotion started clearing my acne. My pimples have deflated and this is now working on clearing up my ULTRA STUBBORN red marks (I'm ghostly pale).

I find this greasy and it makes your skin photosensitive so I use it only at night. But I wake up with clearer, softer skin.

As a bonus, it's been keeping creeping fine lines at bay. I smoke and this lotion has thus far stopped my lines in their tracks.

I highly recommend this to oily people struggling with acne. Just make sure to wear sunscreen!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

I am so sad that this didn't work :( I've been using it for almost two months and my skin looks pretty much the same. I had no problems with dryness or peeling. Yes it does burn a little but its not uncomfortable. I have clogged and enlarged pores and fine lines. So I thought this was gonna work for me cuz it's supposedly supposed to address all those issues.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is legit AMAZING! I've always wanted to try this brand but we don't sell it anywhere in Canada as far as i know. I was so STOKED to see a slew of bottles at my local winners for $8.99, so I of course bought one. I can't use this every night but every other night is okay! If i overuse it I tend to get little flakies. I can buff them away with a textured towel but I'd rather not.

This stuff takes my skin from good to PERFECT! I don't even need any foundation or powder but I still add a little bit of MUFE HD kind of through the center of my face and forehead and my skin looks unreal, but in a good way haha.

After seeing the amazing results I RAN back to winner with little hope but was so happy to find 2 more bottles buried in the shelves. I jumped on them!

The bottles are gonna last me a LONG time, so I'm happy to be stocked up!

But yea, this stuff just totally agrees with my skin. Even with nothing on my face, just a cleansed face, it glows! My skin has a natural sheen to it! It's never looked healthier! LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by erovero

This stuff is amazing. I use it about three times a week, otherwise it dries out my face too much. It made my pores look smaller and made dark marks and blemishes go away. It keeps my skin clear. It's cheap and comes in a huge bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by cerafina205

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 3 weeks. At first i was unsure about this product because it made the skin near my eye area and cheekbones very dry and appear wrinkled. Once I started avoiding the eye area all together, i loved it. It leaves the rest of my skin glowing and I am gradually improving the texture and look of my skin. I rated it as a four because i really wanted to use this product around by eyes because I am noticing fine lines but can't because it is too drying for that area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by asa805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this for about 5 months now. It is AMAZING! My skin is completely transformed. Gone are those pesky pre-menstrual cysts/zits that i would get EVERY month like clockwork and would take 1-2 weeks to disappear, just in time to give me a couple weeks of decent skin before the vicious cycle began again. I was about to consider upping my spiro dose (25 mg a day) but thankfully I found this product thanks to the advice of MUA'ers. It is unreal. So good. The first few weeks I did notice that my pores looked a little large and perhaps had a tiny bit of purging. The stinging never really bothered me that much, i kind of liked it and it made me know it was working. My overall complexion is improved. Smaller pores, less bumps, less blotchy and slight reduction in eye area wrinkles. THis did nothing for my forehead wrinkles but i wasnt really expected it to. I just bought 2 more bottles of this plus 2 souffles and 2 Resq during the online sale. I plan to alternate products. Not sure how much better my skin can get though. Never thought i'd say that. NOw if only i can find some way to permanently remove my greys and forehead wrinkles and I am set! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by kisshippie13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great moisturizer for people with combination to oily skin or acne prone skin.

I have combination/acne prone skin.

I use this stuff as my nighttime moisturizer. I love it!
So far, after about 2 weeks of using it, it has made my skin more radiant. And by radiant, I mean it has toned down the red spots all over my face from acne scarring, and it makes my skin glow. It also makes it less oily, pores are smaller, and face is smoother.

Only con is that it can sting quite a bit on breakouts. But you get used to it. It also makes your face red for about an hour after you use it (hint why I use it at night)

I think my skin is in the last of the "purging" phase, because my breakouts are getting smaller and fewer.
I paid 12 dollars for this and this bottle is HUGE. Will last a long time.

Will DEFINITELY repurchase!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found that using this before i apply moisturizer stings really badly (like to completely bare skin). ive used it for about 2 weeks where i put on my eye cream FIRST and then neutrogena acne lotion along with my olay age defying night cream and last i use this alpha hydrox on my chin, nose, cheeks and forehead, avoiding my eye area as much as possible. i found that using all my face lotions/moisturizers first reduces the intensity of the sting. i have definitely seen improvements in my skin. for anyone who suffers dry nose area, this will definitely help with that. my skin is noticeably more even than it was before as well :)

GOOD STUFF and u can find it at marshalls or TJmaxx for a little cheaper

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about a month now and couldn't be happier. After graduating high school, my acne started going out of control. College was probably the worst my skin has ever looked. Salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide both just irritated the mess out of my skin, and left me dried out and flaky. My skin was dehydrated, and overcompensated oil production, so not only was my skin rough and flaky, but it was an oil slick. Worst combo ever. I started taking birth control a little over a year ago, and it completely cleared up my body acne, and significantly decreased the amount of breakouts on my face. But I still had deep, painful breakouts along my jawline. They seemed to happen around my period, but they'd linger for weeks, and then leave a mark that stayed for months. My skin also became much drier, the oiliness is gone now. I came across this lotion while browsing makeupalley, and decided to pick some up. Best decision ever.

I've been using this twice daily, and the results are fantastic. After two days, the breakouts I had on my chin had come to the surface, and were easily extracted (so shoot me, I'm a picker. I know, I know.). I noticed within one use that my skin was much, much softer. Even with meticulous physical exfoliation, I'd almost always have a rough patch on each cheek. After one use, I had baby soft skin all over, and it had only gotten better every day since then. After one week, I could definitely notice the lightening of post-acne marks. And now, at the one month mark, an unintentional but welcomed side effect: my fine lines are disappearing. I know this is sold as a wrinkle treatment, but I was so focused on the acne that I had completely forgotten about that aspect of it. I'm only 20 so I don't have any serious wrinkles, but I've had fine lines around my mouth since I was 18 or so. Since using this, the lines on one side of my mouth are gone completely, and on the other side, they're extremely faded. My skin hasn't been this smooth and glowy, well, ever. It's the greatest feeling in the world to not have one single pimple on my face. It's been years since I knew what that felt like.

After I wash my face at night, I put a thin layer of this all over, wait a couple of minutes for it to sink in, then follow up with my moisturizer (a few drops of jojoba oil). It stings and prickles a little bit, but I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain, so if I can handle it, anyone can. Besides, it goes away after a minute or two. I think your skin builds a tolerance to it too, because sometimes now when I use it, I don't feel a thing. In the morning when I wake up, I rinse my face off with water only, and then apply another layer of this, then jojoba oil, then sunscreen. Spf is important. The second day I used this, I took my dog out for a quick walk (ten minutes, tops), and came inside to find my cheeks and nose bright red. In a way, this lotion is incentive to not be lazy, and remember to wear my sunscreen every day.

I'm going to keep using this for a long, long time. It's so nice not to NEED foundation and concealer anymore. Honestly last week I teared up when I saw my face in the mirror without any makeup on. Happy tears. It's a big confidence booster.

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No