December 20, 2014 | 1763 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Pure Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by TheTalentedEllenRipley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I asked my stylist for a conditioner that would provide volume, but not leave my hair rough and full of static. She said many women love Pureology, and she used it at her own station.

The stuff is expensive, around $20, but it's better than anything else I've used. After the first use, my hair was full of body and bounce, and it was incredibly shiny. In fact, my hair was so fluffy and bouncy, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I felt a bit like a news anchor.

I've used other products that make my hair soft, but they tend to weigh down my fine, thin hair. I've used other volumizers, but they leave my hair full of static. This is the first product I've used that provides all-around results, namely body, shine, and softness. Also, it rinses well, and you need a small amount for it to be effective. Another bonus is that the fragrance is pleasant and natural.

The only problems I have with this are the price and packaging. I've found Pureology on sale at drugstore.com for about $14, so look around for better deals than the regular $20. Also, I think the dispenser should be on the bottom of the bottle. The conditioner is too thick and heavy to squeeze from the top easily. Other than these gripes, I think Pureology Volume Conditioner is an incredible product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sgray87

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was given free samples by my stylist/colorist. I have baby fine hair that I have colored and highlighted in various shades of red and blonde every 2-3 months. This stuff is great! I started out using the volumizing shampoo and conditioner. I felt like I needed a little more moisture, so I switched to the moisturizing shampoo with the volumeizing conditioner and that was the perfect combo for me. Pure Beauty was having their liter sale, so I purchased a liter of each the shampoo and conditioner for $35 each--significatly cheaper than buying the regular bottles. Plus, you only need the smallest amount of product. I am forever in my stylists debt!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by lauralee65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just like the shampoo, I'm lovin' this conditioner! Boosts my hair and protects my color. I don't need much of either the 'poo or condtioner for it to work its magic for me. Love dis stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by WhateverDude

Love. Pureology. Love it. I bought a liter apiece of the Volume shampoo and conditioner on EBay without ever having tried it, since I'd heard such raves, and I've not been disappointed. This conditioner has a lovely creamy texture, a pleasant floral scent, and makes my hair look great. What else do I want? Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Katty

I purchased this conditioner (along with the matching shampoo) after I had my hair highlighted blond last week. The 250ml bottle costed $21.95 Canadian; my issue is that this bottle contains less product than the shampoo but still costs the same. For this reason, I'm trying to use as little conditioner as possible because I don't want to run out before I run out of shampoo. This is a pretty good conditioner; it is very light for my fine, thin, shoulder-length hair. I actually use this before I shampoo so I can have as much volume as possible; my hair is still conditioned and not dry at all when I do this. Would recommend this product in conjuction with the shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by want2agegracefully

Great volumizing conditioner, doesn't weigh hair down. (The corresponding shampoo is wonderful too!) Cost is high but it's worth it. Also tried their hydrate shampoo and conditioner, which were great as well. But I can see a noticable difference when using the volumizing line so I've stuck with that. I have long, slightly layered, dark brown color treated hair and this line gives it bounce & shine, feels really soft. Have tried a very small sample of their new Nanoworks shampoo and conditioner line (only had enough for two washes) and loved the results and fragrance so I'm working myself up to buy the bottles. Can you say cha'ching?!? But nothing beats feeling good about your hair so I'll spend the $$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by carebear99

This is absolutely the best line I have ever tried in my life, and I have tried all of the salon brands and drugstore brands. Every one of these products is very concentrated, smells good and work well. You only need a tiny bit, about a nickel size of the shampoo. (Shampoo twice for best results.) For the conditioner, I only use about the size of a quarter. These shampoos and conditioners will feel totally different than the regular shampoos and conditioners. The shampoos donít have any sulfates in them, so they donít foam up like laundry detergent, because that is all sulfates are. The conditioners are not also loaded with silicones, so they donít feel as slippery, which is great because then the silicones donít build up in your hair. The products smell very natural. Some of the products take some getting use to, but it is well worth the results. I have tried the volume shampoo and conditioner, the hydrating shampoo and conditioner, reconstructor, colormax leave-in conditioner, shinemax and shine & control. I canít say which product I like the best because I love them all. Also, with this line, you can mix and match the shampoos and conditioners, and they will still work wonderfully together. I will continue to buy this, as it is like having the best line ever made for your hair. Lastly, donít be scared by the price. Since everything is so concentrated, it lasts a really, really, really long time. RememberÖyou only need a TINY bit of it! Happy shopping :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kalifas

Awesome! I work in a salon and have tried just about evey conditioner- Pureology is by FAR one of the best! It smells great, it's sulfate free, this stuff volumizes so well, and leaves my hair feeling like silk without weighing it down! The only downside is the price, but with this stuff a little bit goes a long way! :-) PLUS, my purple and blue highlights LAST AND LAST! :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Eh. I have -length, layered, fine but thick, lowlighted hair and this really did nothing for it--no dramatic volume, no extra shine, no ease in styling--nothing. Definitely not worth the money for me. I suggest trying samples or small sample bottles before springing for this. I'll stick with my Mastey Frehair Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 7:06:00 PM More reviews by silkek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had tried using this product with other shampoos, but it really works best with the Pureology shampoo. This conditioner does not weigh your hair down and it was easy to comb through once I got out of the shower. I love the scent and am very pleased with this product.