Revlon Super Lustrous in Blackberry [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3image 4

4.3

on 5/3/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I used to wear this 10+ years ago..I've never been a real lipstick person b/c my lips are extremely full, but this color was GORGEOUS. I wore it on special occasions, and got compliments on it. When I bought it again a few years later, they must have changed the formula..b/c the color was now a lighter burgundy. I'm picky about my colors..and it didn't work anymore.

on 3/18/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lipstick- I am nc30-35. It is a beautiful brown red not muddy though. It really brightens up my face without being loud. Also it makes my lips juicy and full. I don't find it drying at all - as it is a creme formula which I find better than the pearl formula for moisture. Highly recommend.

on 3/1/2009 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I loved this back in the 90s. this color is still sexy but its chola-ish. I think guys will hate this. Revlons lipsticks dont really smell that great but this color is worth checking out.

on 11/26/2008 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

THis used to be my everyday lipstick. i love it. looks really good and dark skin tones. I 'm into nudes now.

I was so afraid to try this after picking up a couple Super Lustrous lipsticks that looked totally crappy on me despite looking beautiful in the tube. But after reading the reviews here, I thought I'd give it a shot. And I'm glad I did too! I know it looks very much like a blackberry in the tube, but I'm an NC30 and it shows up as a medium brick red shade. I don't see the berry in this either once I apply it. This is a great option for those of us with medium skin tones that can't pull off those traditional garish low-end reds. But it's not so deep that I look like goth either. A definite repurchase!

on 10/13/2008 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The best red lipstick that I have found till date, and it does not turn into some other shade on my lips. Unlike the name, there is no berry in it. It has a creamy and moisturizing texture and I can go even without a lipliner.

It is little difficult to describe this shade. It sure is not a true red which I find overly bright for my NC 42-43 warm complexion. This definitely is not a cool toned shade as most of the deep shades are. This is more like a deep blood red bordering maroon, with a neutral undertone. Sometime, I also see warm brown tint in this lipstick.

Overall, its a gorgeous shade.Deep enough to look sexy but not dark to look gothic.I recommed this shade for medium to dark skinned ladies who are looking for a deep shade of red with neutral undertone and who find true reds garish for their taste.

on 9/17/2008 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I concur with all of the folks who say this is a fantastic red. This may be the first true red lippie I've owned that hasn't turned a weird shade of magenta on my lips after an hour of wear. I also find the formula is not super-drying. Super huge plus for this gloss addict. I get about 3 hours of wear out of this color with coffee drinking. Fades to a very nice true red stain on my lips.

on 8/18/2008 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why people are calling this lippy 'red', it's not, at least not on me! :) It's a dark wine shade on me, nice and vampy when I'm in that kind of frame of mind, which in Autumn/Winter seems to be fairly often, seeing as it goes better with more dramatic outfits.

on 7/28/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Best RED lipstick I have found to date....this is a true, deep red....I don't know why it's called Blackberry.....I see no berry at all....better then any MAC red I've tried

on 7/28/2008 2:17:00 PM

Such a beautiful color! It is very elegant and one of my faves!

Popular Lipsticks