Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Daily Treatment Conditioner

2.4

Not tested on animals

Eww. This made my hair feel like it had some sort of grime on it. I have the ginormous bottle too. I think i'll leave it on my front porch and hopefully someone takes it. :)

on 5/21/2008 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wouldn't buy this product because its so expensive and not worth it's price, im looking for something to weight my hair down, but I also Don't want my hair greasy, this product made my hair feel like I didn't wash it right I probably didn't but the second time I used it I really didn't do anything to my hair... Ive only use it twice, this product does smell good... I just don't like the way it made my hair feel, It didn't feel soft at all and it sure wasn't weight down or deffentltly super skinny.... I have thick wavy hair... really wouldn't want to recommend it...

on 5/9/2008 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was not impressed with this product. I am still confused as to how this was supposed to make your hair feel "skinny" when it coats it so heavily - my hair felt worse. Aside from it being not at all what I expected, it did not work that great. I have a hard time wasting products, even the ones I do not like, but this stuff got thrown out. The smell reminded me of watermelon jolly ranchers or something - got very old very quickly (and it lingers). Unless you're one of those people that just buys products for the smell (hey, we've all done it), i would def NOT recommend this. If it weighed down my thick, wavy hair it will def do it to fine hair.

on 4/10/2008 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample packet of this and used it this morning. According to the packaging, this is supposed to speed up drying time and repair/protect hair against damage. There is no discernable smell, and I applied it after shampooing. I normally condition my hair after shampooing, but didn't have to after applying this treatment. I guess "treatment" could be a fancier way of saying "conditioner". My hair did feel smoother, but I can't really comment on whether it increased the drying time, because my hair is thin and dries pretty quickly on its own. I flat ironed my hair and I have to say that my hair looks less frizzy and smoother looking. However, as the day wore on my hair began to feel waxy, like it was coated and weighed down. I think I'll stick to my regular conditioner for now. For reference, I have fine, slightly wavy shoulder length hair.

on 4/1/2008 12:13:00 AM

I wanted to like this conditioner b/c I do like the shampoo......however I just cannot get over how it feels. It was like Elmer's glue in my hand & in my hair! :( On the other hand, when I did rinse it out, my hair was smoother & softer. I don't know, maybe it glued all the flyaways together:P haha. The smell is not that good to me either, like sour apples idk.

on 1/29/2008 5:47:00 PM

My HG Shampoo/Conditioner!

I have a lot of fine, long, straight hair that is prone to frizz.

The shampoo and conditioner both smell like apples. The conditioner is pretty thick, and I have problems getting it out of the large-size container (although I had no problems with the smaller containers).

I always use the shampoo and conditioner together, and find that, on the days I use them, my hair dries about 5 minutes faster than usual, using a hairdryer. If I let my hair air dry, it's less frizzy than normal, straighter with some frizzy body towards the ends of my hair. If I blowdry my hair straight, it becomes very manageable, shiny, little to no frizz (depending on the weather). I can also style it to have lots of shiny body using curlers - and get curly body instead of frizzy body.

on 1/29/2008 1:20:00 PM

HORRIBLE! Don't waste your money on this product. The Skinny Shampoo and Conditioner is the worst I've ever used. Just because the Paul Mitchell name is on it can be very misleading. Made my hair feel like straw. The fact that I spent $24.00 for both the Shamp/Cond is highway robbery. PLEASE DISCONTIUE THIS PRODUCT. Something you never expect to say.

on 12/30/2007 4:04:00 PM

SO AWFUL. by far the worst conditioner i have ever used and thats saying a lot. oh my god so terrible it really upsets me that a product could be so awful and be at such a price point. made my hair very heavy yet greasy and tangled and ugh so terrible. stay very very far away. the entire system is awful, so angry i bought everything at once from advice of my hairdresser. the shampoo sucks, and the skinny serum is alright but not fantastic...do not waste your money.

on 12/1/2007 4:19:00 PM

Well, it's not so good. It dried my hair out quite a bit. I can't wash my hair daily because it's too thick. So I used this every two or three days. I used it along with the shampoo and the serum. My hair was not frizzy, but that's because it was so weighed down and there was lots of build up on my scalp. My hair had no shine. It became dull and coarse. This is not something I'd ever think of using or purchasing again.

on 11/5/2007 2:21:00 PM

I am quite suprised about the bad reviews of this product. I bought the whole Super Skinny travel set in order to try the famous serum and have the matching shampoo and conditioner. Afterwards I checked MUA and fellt bummed because the reviews were so bad.
Thankfully, I tried the products for myself (I was not happy with the serum at all) and I am relieved that the conditioner made my long (hiplenght) hair shiny, quite frizzfree and manageable; something that has been lacking the last months because the water at campus is of a harder quality than at home, and my hair was getting frizzy and dull. Another positive thing is that it did not upset my extremely sensitive scalp (psoriasis). I did not have the buildup products, but that might be because I used a specific clarifying shampoo (aimed for psoriasis sufferers) which is extremely clarifying, so the nurturing qualities of the skinny shampoo and conditioner was more than welcome.
I liked the pastlike quality of the conditioner, normally I need tons of conditioner to nourish my waistlenght hair, but thanks to the thickness of the conditioner I was able to use less than usual.
Overall, I still think that it is not a cheap product and the Paul Michell products are not so easily obtainable over here (both UK and the Netherlands), but I still consider repurchasing this product.

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products