April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Super Skinny Daily Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this shampoo. I have thick hair, and it seems to smooth it down. It doesn't strip my hair of everything. It smells great too. Everyone should know that those drugstore shampoos typically use sodium laureth sulfate, which is drying to hair but lathers really well. However, salon brand shampoos do not use that ingredient hence there are less bubbles and lather.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by MXL

I have wavy hair.
This product, together with the condicioner, is AMAZING!!
Smells nice, the texture is great, you will only need a few ammount of it and it lasts forever!
Also, it is not that expensive , and yes yes yeees, I would buy this product again (with the condicioner!)!
Buy it! It will give you a glow and beautiful hair!! As it gets soft, moisturized and great movement! . Well, i may be over reacting but... i really love this product line!! Currently my favourite, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by MissMisfitMary

I do not know what these people are talking about. If used as directed and you massage into scalp, you will get bubbles. It smells okay and returned my hair from a dryness that I've never had before. I can get this for a lower price so its great. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the set as a Bday gift. I don't really care for both shampoo & conditioner. Made no difference in my hair. My hair is naturally wavy. Kinda on the dry/frizzy side. This line did not do anything for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by rebchandler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Obtained: Bought this shampoo at Ulta this last weekend. It was in a package that came with a small bottle of Super Skinny shampoo, a small bottle of Super Skinny Treatment (conditioner), and the Super Skinny Serum. Got all three for $10.00. I will review all three products since I've only used them all in combination.

My Hair: It is has permanant color in it (dark brown). It is a little past my shoulders. Damaged, dry hair, but very oily scalp. Hair is coarse and straight, but has a tendency towards frizz.

Product: Clear, thin feeling shampoo. Packaging is fine. Smells good. Does not lather at all!

Performance: On the first use...I thought I may actually like these products. No, the shampoo did not lather, but my hair did feel clean afterwards. The conditioner did leave my hair with some slip. And, after applying the serum, my comb slid through my hair without a problem. Now, these products say that your hair will dry quicker. I did not experience that. It still took me about 15-20 minutes to get my hair completely dry, as usual. After drying, my hair was indeed straight & sleek. It had a little different feel to it...but not in a bad way. Just very straight, sleek & shiny. Fast forward 3 days: Okay, this is the 3rd day in a row I've used all three products. I noticed a slight decrease in performance on the 2nd day...but didn't think to much about it. But, today, wow...disgusting...that's all I can say. The shampoo did not feel like it cleaned my hair of all this buildup at all. The conditioner just added to the build up. Yes, my hair is straight today...but not in a good way. Feels like I combed some lard through my hair & it is greasy & flat to my head. No bounce or movement. I can't wait to get home and wash it again tonight with something clarifying!

Overall: Obviously, not too happy with this combo. Now, if I were to use a clarifying shampoo tonight & then use the products again tomorrow...I suspect I may get the great results I had on the first day. So, I may try that. But this is definitely not something you want to use everyday. Also, there are great reviews on here for the serum...so I may try to use that with a different shampoo and conditioner next time.

Oh, well, on I go on my continued search to find the best shampoo & conditioner for my hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2008 8:59:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fine, coloured/single-processed hair. While it's not the worst, I did find it made the hairs along the nape of the neck prone to tangling.

I did end up using it with the Colour Protect Daily Conditioner and did NOT have a problem, after that. Using it with the Super Skinny Daily Treatment made the knot problem that much worse.

If I had thick hair [grrr!] I'd probably be all over this. But as is, no.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by barbaroxoxo

My hair is very thick and naturally wavy. It is not very poofy anymore since I started using this shampoo and conditioner. I was using drug store shampoos before I got this. I washed my hair and when I used the shampoo I already noticed my hair was smoother. I applied the conditioner, let it soak in for a few minutes and washed it out. It isn't the easiest conditioner to wash out, but when you wash it the results stay, they aren't washed away also. My hair was way softer and the shine had gone up. I am still looking for the perfect shampoo, but I will always continue to use this until I find 'the one'.

Oh, and don't use alot of conditioner because it makes your really oily and causes build-up. You have to be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by marciehelene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have very thick hair, wavy hair that likes to be a huge poofball with absolutely no control unless i straighten my hair. My friend is currently going to school at paul mitchell and used this on my hair when I went to have her cut my hair My hair felt amazing. I went and bought some myself and after using it myself, the time it takes to do my hair was cut in half. I can't stop touching my hair. It feels absolutely amazing. Best part was, I almost didn't have to straighten my hair! It was wavy, but a nice wavy, and it wasn't poofy as usual. I used the conditioner and Super Skinny Relaxing Balm as well with the shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bleeched8807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only reason why someone wouldn't like this product is if it's counterfeit...I guarantee that because of product diversion (it's a huge problem in the company right now) that if you buy ANY Paul Mitchell product outside of a licensed professional, that the product is counterfeit, old, or stolen. Paul Mitchell will NEVER guarantee a product that wasn't purchased from a salon licensed to carry PM products. And if someone didn't like this (or any Paul Mitchell product, for that matter), it's only because you're not using it correctly. PM is hands-down the best line for hair and skincare out there. Without a doubt.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2008 3:13:00 AM More reviews by plnkpolarbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my first experience with Paul Mitchell and I'm not sure there will be another one. I've used drug store brand shampoo/conditioner my whole life and have never actually came across anything that was BAD. I had high hopes for this "designer" shampoo and was highly disappointed. It doesn't really lather, so you have to use a lot a lot of it to get even a tiny bit of bubbles. I think I will stick to the drug store brands from now on and save my money...