November 20, 2014 | 1887 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Light Elements Smoothing Fluid

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 9:37:00 AM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice finishing product, doesn't weigh my fine hair down. Pricy but you don't need to use a lot so it will last for awhile. The only reason I won't rebuy is because I'm now cone free.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by beautgal

I love this little serum. Very versatile. I've used it 3 ways: 1.) 1-2 pumps on wet hair followed by a blowout leaves me with soft, super shiny straight hair without weighing it down at all; 2.) It doesn't provide much hold, so if I want to curl my hair I use something else (gel or mousse) to blowout. But I stop when about 75% dry and add a pump to just the ends, and finish drying. This helps keep the ends healthy and wards off frizzies. 3.) Using the tiniest bit on my fingertips I can smooth down flyaways or any raggedy-looking ends that escaped the first application. Although avoid the roots when possible - or else it will make them look a little greasy. Overall, I love it!!!! And don't let the price deter you; I've used this a few times a week for almost a year and have barely made a dent in the bottle. A little goes such a long way that it'll last you forever. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by swamp_eyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This has become my new HG hair product. I had been an Extra Strength Frizz Ease devotee for years, but after i tried a sample of this Smoothing Fluid, i quickly converted. This serum is magic in a bottle. It's extremely light and "natural" in both feel and look, yet it is extremely effective at fighting frizz. My hair is long, thick, curly, and slightly coarse. When i apply this to my hair and let it air dry, the result is natural yet defined curls. I usually straighten my hair from a curly state, so all i do is run a little more Smoothing Fluid through my dry hair and then straighten with a flat iron. This leaves my hair straight, smooth, and shiny, even in humid weather. Another plus about this product is a little goes a loooong way, so it seems to last forever. And since it's Aveda, it's purer and uses more natural ingredients than most products available on today's market.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 7:31:00 AM More reviews by amystar

This is a fantastic product. I have very healthy but thick, straight, stubborn hair. Somedays it behaves other days it looks like a huge bush. I apply this to dry hair. I use this to lessen the thickness and it really smooths things out and it feels so naturally silky and absolutely dead straight without me blowdrying. i can tie my hair up into a pony tail without having to use a comb and it looks polished! I don't mind paying double the price for products that actually work. This is well worth the $$ that it costs because a little goes a long way and i'll use it to the last drop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an HG product for me. I only use it when I'm styling my hair curly or wavy as opposed to straight or round-brushed; I think it would weigh my hair down to much for certain styles. However, it's great for waves or curls. I use it either on damp hair or sometimes after my hair is completely dry, and it helps define my waves and tame frizzies. It has no hold, so I use a mousse or gel in conjunction with this product. It gives my hair such a nice texture and good definition that I don't see myself ever going without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

I love this product. It doesnt weight hair down (I have long, medium textured hair) and it adds tons of shine. It is a bit pricey though but on the plus side it lasts a really long time. Smells nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this very often when I had super long hair. It gives tons of shine and smooths without weighing down hair. Smells okay. One of those product where it doesn't "feel" like you put anything in, just looks and feels good naturally. Now that I have short hair, I don't use this very often but it's still handy to have around when I want a more sleek style. I'd definitely recommend this for long, straight hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Crystalj007

This is a great product. You just need a tiny bit. I use it in conjunctionw with the rest of the product line and and ionic hair dryer, but my hair is smooth and stright when I am finished. It doesnt weigh your hair down. Would recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by petit_ami

I must be on my 3rd bottle and there are no Aveda store in the country that I am currently living in, so I always buy a new bottle before I finish my current one. I have long thick hair and so I just use 3 pumps worth from the mid length onwards. There is no greasy feel and there is no build up. Smells lovely too. Then again all Aveda products smell great, this one actually really works too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by rachcherrie

I use this product everyday on my long straight fine hair, doesn't weigh my hair down or feel greasy at all, which is surprising as most leave-in products does. Love the smell too. Nice product... doesn't come cheap tho.