August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

Coco is lovely... In SMALL amounts. Seriously, do not spray this more than twice, you will hate it. I spray once on the neck then rub my wrists on it. That way you get the loveliness of this perfume without choking yourself and others around you. Even the tiniest amount lasts all day! Classy fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by airubgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ah, Coco...starts out very in your face then settles into a very ladylike, but sexy scent. This is for a very confident woman who exudes class and sophistication... think buisness suit, but with the naughty lingere under it. You just have to get past the uptight exterior to the soft, sultry, femme fatale interior. I love this fragrance, but alas my horse does not so I don't wear it anymore. A classic none the less. Sillage is amazing so be careful with the application, this is the type of scent that you spray into the air and let it settle down onto you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jenwa01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I discovered this scent in an advertisement in a Vanity Fair magazine. At the time I was in college and working as a nanny. When I opened up the little scent strip and inhaled, I thought Coco Chanel smelled sophisticated and smart.

It was the first "adult' perfume I ever purchased when I was 19. (Graduating from my high school scent of Liz Clairborne.) I'm just as in love with Coco Chanel today as I was 20 years ago. I get constant compliments on this perfume, and my coworkers tell me I smell like a dream.

This perfume is something you need to test before buying. Ultimately it will be a little different on you than it is when you're just sniffing the bottle. I can't count how many people I've known over the years who came across a sample bottle in a department store and reported that this scent didn't smell at all like me.

A lot of people reviewing here have mentioned limiting this scent to fall and winter. I like changing scents with seasons and think this is a fun way to go. In spring and summer I often enjoy Coco Mademoiselle or Clinique's Happy. But my absolute favorite date night scent no matter what the temperature will always and forever be Coco. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by redvelvet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received the 50ml COCO EDP Spray for Christmas from my boyfriend and I am in love with it (the perfume as well as the boyfriend!) after wearing it for just a day. I was a little scared on discovering this is my grandmother's signature scent (she is a very classy woman after all), but don't let the strength of the scent fool you! I found it best to lightly spray it on my neck and waited a good hour before leaving the house. By then, it was as if the scent had become a part of me without standing out as a distinct, strong feature.

That is exactly what I look for in a perfume...it should never wear you, you should wear it- lightly enough so it complements your personality and becomes associated with you and your presence. What I like best is that it is not overly sweet like Madamoiselle, or others that smell like liquid sugar in a bottle. For me, smells are always associated with memories and emotions. I think this one is going to have a lot of wonderful memories attached to it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Dian90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coco Chanel in EDP is my go-to everyday scent. I wear it during the daytime, for instance when going to school (I'm 21), going to work or going shopping. It mixes well with my skin and does not smell strong on me at all. I personally don't care for the Coco Mademoiselle scent, which is my stepmothers signature scent. I find that it even makes me nauseous when she has just sprayed it on.
Speaking of spraying, be careful with Coco if you buy the bigger size. I own the 100 ml and instead of it being a spray, it is a plug system. The first time I opened it I expected it to be a spray, so I almost ended up with half the bottle everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by FB

Coco reminds me of Christmas. I start wearing it in November when the weather becomes a little colder and crisp. I use the EDP and it smells soft and warm on me. I agree with people on this site describing it as being like cashmere or wanting to wear cashmere when they wear Coco. Luxurious scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Too strong for summer, this fragrance comes into its own in winter: gutsy yet elegant, it's a heady aroma that craves frosty air and snuggly cashmere. Enjoy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

There are a number of orientals that seem to smell sweeter than usual on me nowadays and Coco is certainly one of them- others being some Tauer perfumes, Musc Ravageur, and to some extent Must de Cartier. Coco starts with a waxy sweetness but develops a lovely heart that makes me think of the fur lapel of a luxury jacket. This is a strange association for me to enjoy as I never ever wear fur. Still, just for a moment perhaps, it is so comforting. The drydown is soft, sweet and very easily distinguished in its abstract fashion. Unfortunately, it is slightly too sweet on me and doesn't smell that sophisticated. 3.5

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I know, being all of 22 years old, that supposedly I'm predisposed to enjoy things like Juicy Couture and Coco Mademoiselle (which the sales assistant did try to foist off on me when I bought Coco), but I simply don't. I think it's ridiculous to attach age brackets to perfumes- whatever smells good on you is what you should wear, old or young. Male or female, or anything in between, for that matter! That being said, Coco EDP is a keeper because I know it smells excellent on me, and I don't have to "think" about whether to wear it. I can and do use it year round, although a little certainly goes a long way, particularly in the summer. :) Its appeal does depend on how you apply the juice though! I don't apply this as heavily as I do my other favorites, which are Dior J'adore and Chanel Chance. I do a small squirt on my wrists and then spray a bit to walk through.

I don't have much to say about the scent that hasn't already been said, but it wears more calmly on me than many other orientals. It's not extremely spicy, and it is far less sweet than Coco Mademoiselle. Coco does remind me a little of Shalimar, but I find it to be more wearable for me personally.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by charlottejb16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, although it smells as if it is geared towards mature women, I still love this perfume and I will definitely buy again. It's more of a night time perfume but it's still beautiful.. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No