November 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sweetface10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a review for the EDP
Coco Chanel EDP smells awesome. The scent makes me so happy. It gives me positive feelings. I had never experienced a perfume that makes me so happy. I actually got this perfume on error because I asked for the EDT bottle and it was Thanksgiving and I was in a rush and when I got home I noticed it was the EDP instead of the EDT. I thought about exchanging it, but I fell in love with the scent. It is a much stronger scent, but I love it. I don't wear it at work because I find it too strong. I kept it to wear on special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Qinnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I tried on a few Chanels in store, I liked the smell of Coco M best hence sprayed it on me. I liked the dry down too so bought a big bottle. Then after two days I found it...boring...

On the contrary, Coco is addictive. Maybe because weather is turing colder...it is warm, soothing, interesting, with just enough floral and spicyness, and just enough sensuality for day. It definitely does not scream "notice me". To me, it's perfect for day wear, and it provides wondeful sniffs all day long.

I have the EDP spray, and I've just bought the parfum and body cream because I love Coco so much! I'll write a review about them later.

Both Coco and Coco M are long lasting. I can smear them the second day after showers!

I also have No.5 Sensual Elixir (which I reserve for special occasions) and Shalimar (which is truly magical but too sexy for office).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ferocity101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is not an everyday fragrance. As others have said, this is a night-time or cold weather perfume.

I've been on the fence about Coco. When I started exploring perfumes, I was drawn to the fruitier, lighter scents, and bought Coco Mlle. The thing is that the fruity florals or light florals just... aren't very interesting. Coco is interesting and on me, she's intellectual and sexy. Think leather-bound books, coffee with cream (no sugar), and a day alone. Coco is unabashedly round and smooth.

If you're looking for something deep, along the lines of YSL Opium or Guerlain Shalimar, I would consider Coco to be in that thread but a little friendlier (at least on me). So why the 4 star rating? Mostly because you have to be in the mood for Coco. If not, I can imagine that wearing her in the wrong setting would be a nightmare.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This edp is so mature...
Very spicy and too strong...so not suitable for me .i'm looking for floral fragrance which contains lots of white flowers and this edp not!!
BUT i have to admit that every Chanel Fragrance has special taste and strong yet classy.it's different from Dior's line.
Dior is more vivid and playful but Chanel is more classy.That;s why I'd prefer Chanel ....
This Coco is okay for mid age women... and smells CLASSY!!!
it's similar to YSL-Cinema but this Coco is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

Coco is lovely... In SMALL amounts. Seriously, do not spray this more than twice, you will hate it. I spray once on the neck then rub my wrists on it. That way you get the loveliness of this perfume without choking yourself and others around you. Even the tiniest amount lasts all day! Classy fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by airubgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Ah, Coco...starts out very in your face then settles into a very ladylike, but sexy scent. This is for a very confident woman who exudes class and sophistication... think buisness suit, but with the naughty lingere under it. You just have to get past the uptight exterior to the soft, sultry, femme fatale interior. I love this fragrance, but alas my horse does not so I don't wear it anymore. A classic none the less. Sillage is amazing so be careful with the application, this is the type of scent that you spray into the air and let it settle down onto you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by jenwa01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I discovered this scent in an advertisement in a Vanity Fair magazine. At the time I was in college and working as a nanny. When I opened up the little scent strip and inhaled, I thought Coco Chanel smelled sophisticated and smart.

It was the first "adult' perfume I ever purchased when I was 19. (Graduating from my high school scent of Liz Clairborne.) I'm just as in love with Coco Chanel today as I was 20 years ago. I get constant compliments on this perfume, and my coworkers tell me I smell like a dream.

This perfume is something you need to test before buying. Ultimately it will be a little different on you than it is when you're just sniffing the bottle. I can't count how many people I've known over the years who came across a sample bottle in a department store and reported that this scent didn't smell at all like me.

A lot of people reviewing here have mentioned limiting this scent to fall and winter. I like changing scents with seasons and think this is a fun way to go. In spring and summer I often enjoy Coco Mademoiselle or Clinique's Happy. But my absolute favorite date night scent no matter what the temperature will always and forever be Coco. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by redvelvet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I received the 50ml COCO EDP Spray for Christmas from my boyfriend and I am in love with it (the perfume as well as the boyfriend!) after wearing it for just a day. I was a little scared on discovering this is my grandmother's signature scent (she is a very classy woman after all), but don't let the strength of the scent fool you! I found it best to lightly spray it on my neck and waited a good hour before leaving the house. By then, it was as if the scent had become a part of me without standing out as a distinct, strong feature.

That is exactly what I look for in a perfume...it should never wear you, you should wear it- lightly enough so it complements your personality and becomes associated with you and your presence. What I like best is that it is not overly sweet like Madamoiselle, or others that smell like liquid sugar in a bottle. For me, smells are always associated with memories and emotions. I think this one is going to have a lot of wonderful memories attached to it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Dian90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coco Chanel in EDP is my go-to everyday scent. I wear it during the daytime, for instance when going to school (I'm 21), going to work or going shopping. It mixes well with my skin and does not smell strong on me at all. I personally don't care for the Coco Mademoiselle scent, which is my stepmothers signature scent. I find that it even makes me nauseous when she has just sprayed it on.
Speaking of spraying, be careful with Coco if you buy the bigger size. I own the 100 ml and instead of it being a spray, it is a plug system. The first time I opened it I expected it to be a spray, so I almost ended up with half the bottle everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by FB

Coco reminds me of Christmas. I start wearing it in November when the weather becomes a little colder and crisp. I use the EDP and it smells soft and warm on me. I agree with people on this site describing it as being like cashmere or wanting to wear cashmere when they wear Coco. Luxurious scent.