April 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Dian90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coco Chanel in EDP is my go-to everyday scent. I wear it during the daytime, for instance when going to school (I'm 21), going to work or going shopping. It mixes well with my skin and does not smell strong on me at all. I personally don't care for the Coco Mademoiselle scent, which is my stepmothers signature scent. I find that it even makes me nauseous when she has just sprayed it on.
Speaking of spraying, be careful with Coco if you buy the bigger size. I own the 100 ml and instead of it being a spray, it is a plug system. The first time I opened it I expected it to be a spray, so I almost ended up with half the bottle everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by FB

Coco reminds me of Christmas. I start wearing it in November when the weather becomes a little colder and crisp. I use the EDP and it smells soft and warm on me. I agree with people on this site describing it as being like cashmere or wanting to wear cashmere when they wear Coco. Luxurious scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Too strong for summer, this fragrance comes into its own in winter: gutsy yet elegant, it's a heady aroma that craves frosty air and snuggly cashmere. Enjoy!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 5:03:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

There are a number of orientals that seem to smell sweeter than usual on me nowadays and Coco is certainly one of them- others being some Tauer perfumes, Musc Ravageur, and to some extent Must de Cartier. Coco starts with a waxy sweetness but develops a lovely heart that makes me think of the fur lapel of a luxury jacket. This is a strange association for me to enjoy as I never ever wear fur. Still, just for a moment perhaps, it is so comforting. The drydown is soft, sweet and very easily distinguished in its abstract fashion. Unfortunately, it is slightly too sweet on me and doesn't smell that sophisticated. 3.5

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by languagegames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I know, being all of 22 years old, that supposedly I'm predisposed to enjoy things like Juicy Couture and Coco Mademoiselle (which the sales assistant did try to foist off on me when I bought Coco), but I simply don't. I think it's ridiculous to attach age brackets to perfumes- whatever smells good on you is what you should wear, old or young. Male or female, or anything in between, for that matter! That being said, Coco EDP is a keeper because I know it smells excellent on me, and I don't have to "think" about whether to wear it. I can and do use it year round, although a little certainly goes a long way, particularly in the summer. :) Its appeal does depend on how you apply the juice though! I don't apply this as heavily as I do my other favorites, which are Dior J'adore and Chanel Chance. I do a small squirt on my wrists and then spray a bit to walk through.

I don't have much to say about the scent that hasn't already been said, but it wears more calmly on me than many other orientals. It's not extremely spicy, and it is far less sweet than Coco Mademoiselle. Coco does remind me a little of Shalimar, but I find it to be more wearable for me personally.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by charlottejb16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, although it smells as if it is geared towards mature women, I still love this perfume and I will definitely buy again. It's more of a night time perfume but it's still beautiful.. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this. It reminds me of the way the Yankee Candle flagship store used to smell! A combination of insence and sweetness. I just can't wear it and have it feel like me, but I can see why others like it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by crysna

Coco Chanel the mademoiselle that change the world of fashion, this fragrance is one of my fav from this house! Some people say is a old lady type fragrance but im not a old lady and it suits perfectly on me, with 3 spritz and im done, people noticed u using this frag, last long, smells perfectly and make me feel feminine and unique! Perfect for special ocasions, Worth every $$$$!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jkovitz

I gave myself a healthy spritz of this today at the makeup counter. I'd never really tried it before, and I wanted to see if the base note of oppoponax was going to annoy me. I enjoyed wearing the EDP throughout the day and in the afternoon couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. Something about it smelled so totally familiar and I figured out what it was: it smelled just like Mackie perfume by Bob Mackie. I love Mackie and own many bottles already, so I'm going to take a pass on the Coco since I wasn't 100% fond of the opening notes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! I found it! I mean my signature fragrance. I love it how I enter a room and everyone remembers me not only for myself but from my perfume. Which they describe as an air of sweet and strong mystery around me. Not forgetting that my dogs start barking at me and going nuts all over when I wear including on them trying to jump over me to lick me all over. Jaja. Do not wear if you are shy or comfortable within yourself. because this perfume will get you some attention.

I will admit at first I was shy by paying a big gulp of $$ but I say is totally worth it. I use it on special occasions or whenever I want to feel something special that accompanies my mood. I even had worn it during daytime but the secret to wearing it on daytime on my skin is to not over due it. Also this smells great with the ph of my skin which is a bit difficult to work with other perfumes in terms of staying power, this stays on my skin for at least a good 6 hours without the aid of wearing moisturizing cream.