July 28, 2014 | 1321 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Don't hate on the smell. This stuff is THE BEST.

I have several purple shampoos. I pretty much exclusively use Aveda, their Blue Malva does NOT compare to Daddy O. This makes blonde / highlighted hair BLONDE. My hairdresser comments on my highlights when I come in to get them re - done.. she is like ' why are you here ?'. Well, if it covered up roots, then I'd be set.

I wash my hair with this, let the shampoo sit in my hair for a bit, rinse, condition. Its awesome. I sometimes mix it with other shampoos, its still great. Don't let the dark INKY INKY color get to you. Your hair won't turn purple. It will just look so awesome when you are done.

Don't worry about the price or the smell or anything. its all worth it when you see what it can do. Its amazing.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by cosmicsurgery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have dyed reddish-brown hair with ash blond and platinum highlights, and this keeps the colour of the red AND the blonde looking bright. The platinum sections have never turned brassy or yellowy and my dye job is about three months old now. I think its even made the ash blonde sections lighter, and they look great. The smell is gorgeous and I get compliments on it all the time, even a day after I've washed my hair, although if you don't like violets this may not be for you. It's about the same price-wise as other purple salon shampoos, and is a bit pricy, but the large bottle is not a bad deal considering it lathers nicely and you don't need to use much product - and this is coming from someone with extremely thick, long hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initally got this shampoo for my mom as she has blonde highlights but I gave it a try on my hair as well. Even though my hair is not blonde it made my hair super shiny and soft but I can't get over the horrible smell! It really bothered me! I think I'll stick to Rehab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this might be my favorite shampoo, ever. This stuff is fantastic! I have bleached blonde hair, and use this about once or twice a week. It really does eliminate yellow/brassy tones in my hair. The smell is amazing, like violets, and it is a bit strong, but I love how the scent stays in my hair all day long. My hair gets very greasy, but when I use this I have no problems with oil all day. It lathers up very nicely too. I find it does tangle your hair a bit, so I use it with a detangling conditioner. I'm almost through my bottle and will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mttd

This was a sample I was given by the SA at Lush when I purchased Big. She reccommended using it with Big and low and be hold... it was a fantastic combination. It gave my hair oomph and the shine I haven't seen in years. I am quite impressed with the product on it's own, though the smell can be over powering. The purple colour did scare me somewhat in the beginning but I found that since I don't use a lot it didn't do anything to my hair colour. I think the key to DaddyO is to use it sparingly, it is very strong both in cleansing power and smell.

Overall, I would repurchase after I'm finished with the sample.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Saylor

I don't write many reviews, but I just had to with this product. I have never smelled anything so rank. I can't even describe the scent, but it's disgusting. I don't even care what it could do for my blonde hair because I washed it out so fast. Ug is all I have to say about this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a brunette with straight hair, but troubled with insane flyaways. I have been using Lush's Daddy'O shampoo followed by their Coolaulin conditioner for the past few years & it works great as a daily. Keeps a good shine & keeps my frizz factor down. For the past 6 months I've been using other things & I swear my hair all but died. I finally got a clue the other day & went back to my magical combo & my hair came snapping back to life. My coworkers asked what I'd done, so it wasn't my imagination. I'm not going to stray again!!!! Being cheap doesn't help my cause!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh. I hate this shampoo! It's ridiculously expensive here. I live in asia, where virtually nobody has blond hair. The SA told me that this shampoo was "suitable for dry hair." So I bought it, went home, read the label and went "HUH? Blond hair?" Well I ignored it and used the product anyway. Horrible results. It made my hair even brittier and thicker than it was before. I have to use a STRONG, strong conditioner after this shampoo just to counter how many tangles it gives me. The sad thing is, I still have about 20 uses left before the product runs out. I hate wasting... What a ripoff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Daddyo shampoo was suggested to me at the Lush store because I
Iike the Bathos and Joy of Jelly scents with the gentle violet-jasmine.
I thought, OK I'm game. Found I only need about half the amount of
shampoo I'd normally use - this stuff is concentrated! Loved the
scent and the lather - like violet-jasmine with cinnamon. My
hair smelled marvelous after it dried. It made my hair very cooltoned
and a bit darker than usual, which I didn't care for, and it's not a
product you can use all the time since it seems to be somewhat
harsh on the hair and scalp. You need a strong conditioner/detangler
to go with it. So I have mixed feelings about Daddy-o, and found Rehab more to my liking.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by booyahceebshere

Note: You're only supposed to use this product about once a week to the people that are getting irritated scalps. And to the people that are getting PURPLE hair, this is a toning shampoo. You really aren't supposed to leave it in for more than one minute or two max.

I haven't tried it yet, my the bad reviews didn't really help much.

If you don't like this one and you're looking for a good toning shampoo, try one by the brand Bumble by Bumble.