April 17, 2014 | 1647 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Daddyo shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mttd

This was a sample I was given by the SA at Lush when I purchased Big. She reccommended using it with Big and low and be hold... it was a fantastic combination. It gave my hair oomph and the shine I haven't seen in years. I am quite impressed with the product on it's own, though the smell can be over powering. The purple colour did scare me somewhat in the beginning but I found that since I don't use a lot it didn't do anything to my hair colour. I think the key to DaddyO is to use it sparingly, it is very strong both in cleansing power and smell.

Overall, I would repurchase after I'm finished with the sample.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Saylor

I don't write many reviews, but I just had to with this product. I have never smelled anything so rank. I can't even describe the scent, but it's disgusting. I don't even care what it could do for my blonde hair because I washed it out so fast. Ug is all I have to say about this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sheenab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a brunette with straight hair, but troubled with insane flyaways. I have been using Lush's Daddy'O shampoo followed by their Coolaulin conditioner for the past few years & it works great as a daily. Keeps a good shine & keeps my frizz factor down. For the past 6 months I've been using other things & I swear my hair all but died. I finally got a clue the other day & went back to my magical combo & my hair came snapping back to life. My coworkers asked what I'd done, so it wasn't my imagination. I'm not going to stray again!!!! Being cheap doesn't help my cause!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by michybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh. I hate this shampoo! It's ridiculously expensive here. I live in asia, where virtually nobody has blond hair. The SA told me that this shampoo was "suitable for dry hair." So I bought it, went home, read the label and went "HUH? Blond hair?" Well I ignored it and used the product anyway. Horrible results. It made my hair even brittier and thicker than it was before. I have to use a STRONG, strong conditioner after this shampoo just to counter how many tangles it gives me. The sad thing is, I still have about 20 uses left before the product runs out. I hate wasting... What a ripoff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Daddyo shampoo was suggested to me at the Lush store because I
Iike the Bathos and Joy of Jelly scents with the gentle violet-jasmine.
I thought, OK I'm game. Found I only need about half the amount of
shampoo I'd normally use - this stuff is concentrated! Loved the
scent and the lather - like violet-jasmine with cinnamon. My
hair smelled marvelous after it dried. It made my hair very cooltoned
and a bit darker than usual, which I didn't care for, and it's not a
product you can use all the time since it seems to be somewhat
harsh on the hair and scalp. You need a strong conditioner/detangler
to go with it. So I have mixed feelings about Daddy-o, and found Rehab more to my liking.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by booyahceebshere

Note: You're only supposed to use this product about once a week to the people that are getting irritated scalps. And to the people that are getting PURPLE hair, this is a toning shampoo. You really aren't supposed to leave it in for more than one minute or two max.

I haven't tried it yet, my the bad reviews didn't really help much.

If you don't like this one and you're looking for a good toning shampoo, try one by the brand Bumble by Bumble.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

I got a severe reaction to this meaning my scalp developped little bumps that itched like crazy and my hair started falling out. I never went to the doctor for it and by using a special breakage control shampoo and dandruff shampoo for two weeks my hair turned back to normal. I have really fine hair so this could be just me, but other then that it stinks bad too.. like it's overpowering.

However, I think this would be good for someone who has really thick curly hair and has little sensitivity if any.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this about 4 times now and I love it. It cleans my hair and doesn't leave it feeling dry, and the purple tone has helped keep the warm tones out of my cool brunette hair. I love the smell. I guess its violet scented, I've never had anything violet scented to compare it to but it's nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by LolaZoe

Ok, just to reply to PeaceBaby, you are not supposed to leave this on your hair!!! I love it, it replenished my hair so much and made it really nice and shiny and blonde! LoL purple!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this shampoo to tone down the brassiness that my dyed blonde hair is prone to and although I love the scent and the lathering and cleansing of it I found it made my fine hair much too soft and floppy for my liking.
However I told my husband to use it as it would make his dark hair shiny and he now refuses to use anything else.He notices that if he runs out of it he gets dandruff and enjoys me snuggling up to him to smell his lovely hair lol!