October 23, 2014 | 938 users online

Eye Shadow - Shu Uemura - Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2004 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mmm, I'm not a makeup person, but Shu Uemura's eye shadows surely deserve some attention. They are consistently of smoother formulation and more intense pigment than MAC or Stila. While I would never buy MAC online for fear of getting a chalky textured shadow that hurt my eyelids to apply, I would certainly chance the Shu. Annoying that they are no longer selling them at Sephora. As I don't buy that much eyeshadow, the $18 is worth it for me, even for the small amount- I have never managed to use up an eyeshadow in my life anyway. My only gripe is the packaging, I smashed my thumb into my shadow this morning while trying to open it, and I seem to recall others having issue with this as well. Overall, an excellent range of colors and lovely silky consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2004 11:48:00 AM More reviews by marylaw2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love these e/s. The quality is top notch, very silky, easy to blend, and a WIDE selection of colour ... I cannot emphasis this enough as I love to browse through their retail shops just to look at the stacks of e/s displayed according to their color spectrum. (Of course I wouldn't go out empty handed)
I like their square minimalist packaging, that saves space and is easy to spot a shade instantly. Also it is also easy to poke out the shadow and stick them into Shu palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2004 2:10:00 PM More reviews by psodhi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started collecting these eyeshadows,and I LOVE them. The color selection is awesome and they go on very sheer, so you can easily control the look you want, they last all day. The best part is when you put them on they dont flake off like some MAC eyeshadows do (dont like doing my undereye concealer all over again!!)Def worth the investment:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by jjshin81

These eyeshadows reign supreme over anything else I've tried. NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, compares in terms of quality, color complexity, and durability to these shadows! One caveat: you cannot buy just one. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by melpomene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yeah, the packaging is a pain in the butt, and yeah, it's really expensive, but this stuff is the most amazing eyeshadow I've ever used--vivid, smooth, and (despite the fact that my eye makeup ALWAYS creases/runs/smudges on me) amazingly smudge-proof. I own this in ME Brown 885, which isn't actually brown, it's a sort of fuschia/raspberry color with a subdued metallic tone that I
MUST recommend for anyone with hazel eyes--they make mine look bright green!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2003 12:48:00 AM More reviews by airickuh

These are just beautiful! I have Silver 945, Blue 683 and Purple 780. I don't *need* more eye shadow, but these become an obsession. Proceed with caution or you may spend all of your money. My only rant is the cheap packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2003 6:19:00 PM More reviews by sphondyloid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best eyeshadows, period. The consistency is so silky and creamy-- it actually feels therapeutic when I apply it! Since finding these, I've barely touched my Armani, Stila, MAC and NARS shades. Their formulation just doesn't compare to Shu's. I also love the clear packaging, and the ease with which I can pop out the shadow pan and stick it in a Trish McEvoy planner page.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shu shadows are great - aesthetically pleasing packaging, gorgeous color range, buildable pigment, and very good durability. The ME, P, and IR shades in particular are favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2003 12:58:00 AM More reviews by xostc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love shu - the pigmentation, the colour range and the long lasting effect of its eyeshadows and other products - these points alone should surely justify 5 lippies right? NO! im here to rant about the poor packaging of their e/s! not only have i done this once and wasted the e/s ive actually done this twice! i went to open the fiddly little thing and TWICE ive accidently dug my nail into the precious eyecolour! its only little and a little goes a long way - but surely i cant afford to keep wasting it by digging my nail into it and chipping a proportion of it away right? *sigh* im know im a clutz at times but surely someone else out there is experiencing the same "clumsy" problem? and with this point ive opted also "not to repurchase" this product if i were to chip it all away that is~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Mudskipper

I have only tried 4 of these shadows (ME Silver 945, ME Purple 780, IR Beige 803, & ME Gold 370) but they have immediately lept to HG status. They are highly-pigmented and long-lasting - I have the oiliest lids in the universe and they last all day on me WITHOUT a base! Wearing a thin layer of a Metallic on the browbone and upper lid makes a gorgeous glossy eye - much better than any of the liquids I have tried. These shadows are worth every penny, and I'm not going to buy any other brand from now on.