December 22, 2014 | 1616 users online

Blush - MAC - Cubic

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by pinksugah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love love X infinity this blush. It's very natural looking even on my tan complextion. I can apply it with a heavy hand and still look natural. Cubic is a must when I do a classy, a smokey, an every day look. I can see this blush to be a stable in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

nice neutral-y blush. my newest fav. i'm about nw 10 or a tad lighter for reference. i was looking for a blush that wasn't as peachy as mac's sincere but without any pink or mauve undertones. cubic fit the bill. sometimes when i'm doing my makeup i have issues with blush vs lipstick...i kind of have to plan my lippie to know what color blush to apply. this isn't a problem with cubic; it goes just as well with a bright lippie as it does with a neutral, or a plum or whatever. so i can throw on cubic in the morning and wear whatever lipstick i have in my purse and it looks great. then if i want to go out later, or just randomly want to try another lippie, i can change without worrying that my blush might clash. as always i love the matte formula and the pigmentation. would definitley repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Covergrl1124

I don't usually wear blush because I am naturally pink in the cheeks but I need something to wear to a wedding. I asked the MAC lady to find a nice neutral/pink blush for me and she used this. I love the color on my pale cheeks and love that it looks really natural and pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Julia2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had been searching for a nude blush for a long time. I did not want one with too much peach or brown. I wanted the perfect complement of muted pink, peach and beige, and I finally found it in Cubic. I am Nw15 and this color is very subtle on my cheeks but that's exactly what I was looking for. When I told one MAC SA that I wanted a neutral blush she kept picking out colors that were very bronze, peach, and brown and I became frustrated and left without a nude blush. An SA in another MAC store was basically a genius and she picked this color out for me right off the bat. I never would have selected it myself because it does look so brown in the compact. On my cheeks however, it looks like a natural, neutral muted flush with just enough color to give some life to my paleness. I love this when I am doing something dramatic with my eyes and lips. It also looks beyond fantastic as a base for By Candlelight MSF (beautiful as well!) I have several blushes for many different looks and moods, and Cubic doesn't look like anything special and in truth it can be a bit boring but Cubic is a basic standby shade that will always work with anything. It just makes me look healthy and like I have a hint of a natural flush. It is a beautiful no-brainer shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by trana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The perfect matte, nude pink to accompany a smoky eye. I love this blush. I will buy and buy again and again. You need to reapply after 4-5 hours.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

I firmly believe Cubic is a quintessential "natural/neutral" blush in every fair-medium skinned girl's blush collection. It's a muted pink with a bit of brown tint which may work as a bronzer/blush/contour depending on how and where you choose to apply it. It is classified as a Satin because it gives a little bit of sheen, but honestly, the sheen isn't all that apparent. The colour applies sheer, which is positive note for those such as myself who find blending difficult and are heavy handed. Cubic is the perfect neutral/natural blush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by bellaspots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hurrah! An essential blush-cum-bronzer for a reasonable price. Cubic is a hidden star for NC's15-25.

Poor lambs, how we suffer! Bronzers that look dirty on the temples, forehead and nose, that actually accentuate uneven tone. Why do we bother with bronzers? They don't seem to do anything for us, even though we are forever seeking a way to warm up our skin, to bloody glow.

Well, try you must because Cubic could save you a bucket, no more chemical-orange days of panic and powdering when you've erred with a bottle of Fake Bake.

What could Cubic do for you? Well, for us pale types (and even the red-head's peaches 'n' cream skin) seeking something utterly hardcore, utterly real on skin, utterly healthy, fresh 'n' nude (not brown, certainly not orange), then we can do the natural look with ease and confidence. It delivers brimming, blooming health in 15 wrapped up. Chic!

But don't despair, medium and darker-skinned beauties, this would be a nude tawny blush, warming up the apples - but a touch boring, you'd radiate with something a touch warmer, deeper.

Big plus point, it's matt, hence great for all-day, every-day, and all-seasons wear. Shimmer bronzers are great though, we love them right? They're easy sophistication for evening and exotic holidays, but for workdays and office days, coffee dates and morning appointments at the dentist, this is desert island natural delivered, that unavoidable 'caught the sun' look that thankfully, save our skins, you've faked with Cubic and a contour brush.

In the pan, it looks real, on use, it applies subtle, and the finish, hearty. Rather opaque and dense, it's not Mac Sheer finish.

Either apply it on the apples with a slick of mascara for 5-min makeup for every-day natural, or use as a bronzer with a pop of brighter pink on the apples. How becoming, how gorgeous.

A small tip, for the complete wholesome look, it's not too pink so could double up as a soulful, warm eyeshadow.

And if you can bear the fact that Cubic is simplicity itself, plain as Jane in humdrum Mac packaging, and not pressed into some charming, irresistible pattern a la Guerlein's poudres, or offering a rainbow of shades a la Mercier, Chantecaille, etc., then this is a star in the hiding, as triple duty blush, bronze and bare eyeshadow.

I still love it (we met some time ago), I'd give up my array of blushers for it (well, some), and I defy others not to compliment you and say, "Gosh, you look lovely"....

31 out of 36 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find this is a great colour to contour my face. Also when used lightly, it gives my cheeks a very subtle and natural colour. I like to use this with brighter pink blush ie BB Peony on the apples. It is a muted colour, a nude with a pink base.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Nadra

i am currently starting a collection of blushes and i think cubic is my at the moment fave. in the pan it looks a bit dull...and errr brown? but when applied the cheeks at sort of an angle...wow. i get a natural flush and lil bit of definition. cubic is definitely a winner for NC35-NC40 skintones. it just enhances your face & looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by leleigh

I really like this blush. It's a very wearable color.