April 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with everyone who says the EDT and EDP are practically different perfumes. The EDP gives me a headache, although I do still like the scent. I own the EDT. I really loved this scent at first, and I do think it's still a perfect winter scent. But I'm no longer crazy about it because to me it's become a very masculine smell. I have never really understood when others say this smells feminine. I detect no flower notes, and I don't even really detect the vanilla. What I get is a unique blend of orientals. The scent is all winter. If I had to describe it one way I would say it smells COLD, and very spicy. Out of all the 20-some perfumes I own, this and CK In2U Her are the most masculine-smelling. I am not meaning to put down the perfume since it is a great, unique scent that is actually nice and fresh for winter. I just wish it was "warmed up" a little!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It has to be said that there is quite a large difference between the EdP and EdT of this perfume - I've owned both, and my preference definitely lies with the EdT.

The EdT is sweeter, more oriental and the vanilla comes through stronger. The EdP emphasises Brit's woody and citrus notes. It's best not to blind buy this one, rather go and test both variations and see which version you prefer. There isn't much of a difference in staying power (as far as I've experienced) so don't let that deter you from going for the EdT if you prefer it. The EdP does admittedly have the larger sillage though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is both sweet/fruity and vanilla/woodsy. It is not overly spicy, it is easy to wear. I love the plaid bottle also. This is by far one of my favorite scents (and I own at least 20). Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite fragrance that always gets compliments from both male and female. Lovely soft and romantic just what I need to pick me up on any given day. I am not sure what a signature fragrence is, but if it is the one you get most complimented on, I guess this one would be it for me. I do not know how many repurchases I have made. This is the EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by katchimo

There is a pretty big difference between Burberry Brit's Eau de Parfum and their Eau de Toilette and my review is more for the parfum but I will touch on the other a bit too.

The parfum is very much for the older sexy woman of (lol) which I am not. I just graduated from using girly frilly cheap perfumes and body sprays and decided I wanted to find (read: splurge) on a brand fragrance that was classic and wouldn't tire of. Burberry Brit wasn't my first choice and didn't qualify for my search but when I smelled it I was in heaven love.

Sephora lists the scents as : Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. The perfume's top notes are very spicy, sweet and almost overpowering when you initially spray it but it doesn't completely cover the bottom notes and the whole mixture is just plain harmony. By the time the top notes finally wear off the bottom scents have had time to mellow down into a very warm combination of amber, mahogany and vanilla. I have no idea what Tonka beans are (or icy pears) but I assume that its another bottom note. (Actually Wikipedia says they're used to flavor tobacco so if you think of smokers when you smell this perfume that'd probably why.) The reason why I prefer the parfum over the toilette is because the toilette's sweeter fruit notes (lime, pear) overpowers the rest of the scents and lacked the same dimension as the parfum.

Absolutely recommend. Very classic scent and the packaging is very burberry and expensive looking. I don't know if I'll need to buy another bottle though, I purchased the largest size burberry offers (3.3 fl. oz) and I'm pretty sure it will last my whole life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This perfume smells delicious. I got mine at Target for $48. It is perfect for fall and winter. The scent lasts quite a long time as well. Even when I think the scent has gone, I'll get a whiff when I walk. Must buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

this has been one of my favorites for years, my little sister doesn't like it but it definitely is one of those scents that really depends on who is wearing it. it's beautiful, i get lots of compliments when i wear it. the staying power is mediocre, but better than average i guess. the cap gets a little wobbly and doesn't like to stay on which is why i gave this a 4 for packaging. it's pricey, but i recently got a 3.4 oz bottle on ebay with 99% of the product intact, for $20-25, including shipping. it's a classy, youthful scent. i can't wait to try out brit sheer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm gonna give this perfume just an OK rating. It's not a life changing fragrance for me but it's not horrible either. I feel like it's an either love it or hate it perfume. To me, it's very warm and heavy, kind of sweet but for some reason I think it's a little but masculine smelling. Not like I would think of it as a men's cologne but it's definitely not the category of being girly or feminine. I find this hard to wear on a day to day basis, I think it's the kind of perfume where it has to be a certain occasion to wear it. It's just too heavy and warm for me to wear all the time. This is the kind of perfume I would wear on a night out or to somewhere special. I live in FL where it's very hot and I could see myself getting a headache from this if I wore it too much. With all that being said, it's still a nice fragrance just not something I reach for that often. I'm glad I got it in the 1 oz which is still VERY expensive. I don't think it's necessarily worth the money especially considering the lasting power really stinks. I'm gonna try and use up the bottle I have but I will definitely NOT repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by buusmose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually got this roll-on perfume as a free gift. I really like it! It doesn't wear off easy. Like(:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mial0la

When I first read the fragrance notes in this perfume I knew I would love it, and I did! It has a warm, almond flavor with a fresh citrus scent when you first apply it. I find myself smiling whenever I get a whiff of it and constantly open the bottle to take in a deep sniff. I purchased the eau de toilette version because I did not want it to be to overbearing, but I find myself having to reapply every few hours to keep the scent strong. I am in high school and I thought it would be a good change from the super girly girl, super sweet cheap perfume all the other girls wear, and I'm hoping the guys will take notice :) I definitely recommend this product to any young lady that wants to have a mature, but inviting and classy signature scent.