November 22, 2014 | 885 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

Have you noticed that all Burberry perfumes have a specific feel to them, that you can 't really define, but as long as you smell them, you recognize them as members of the Burberry family? This one is no exception.
Brit has an appeal due to its cozy and comfortable scent. It's a soft, calm and sweet scent that warms up to a soft vanilla scent with a bit of amber and sugar. Good for fall and winter, but I never follow these rules. I've been wearing it a lot since the beginning of june and I love it. The staying power differs from person to person, but it's a good idea to spray your clothes with it, it makes a huge difference!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This fragrance is so yummy! The review is for the EDT, which smells strongly of cologne and lime zest upon first spritz, but dries down to a woodsy vanilla amber that invites compliments everywhere I go! I've repurchased this scent a few times now and I especially love it for fall/winter season! But I hate the price:( $50 for 1 fl oz. is crazy! However, the staying power and "throw" of Brit is better than any other fragrance I've tried(everything from drugstore to high end)! It lasts 10 hours and I can still smell the gourmand notes lingering on my skin at the end of the day. Love! I recommend to anyone that likes woodsy or vanilla perfumes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

On a scale of 1-10 of how often I wear perfumes, I'm like a 1. I really don't wear a lot of it because most scents bother me or give me allergic reactions, plus I know a lot of people are sensitive to scents so I sometimes feel uncomfortable wearing perfume in public. This fragrance, along with Burberry Classic are my two HG perfumes because I feel like they are light enough and not very offensive smelling. I'm not sure why these don't bother me but I feel very comfortable wearing this in public.. All the Burberry scents I've smelled are not in-your-face at all, and not stuffy. Give this a try if you're usually sensitive and want to wear perfume! It's also good to note that my bottle is pushing 4 or 5 years and it has stayed fresh and not gone bad on me..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I'm on my sixth or seventh bottle of this, it is my absolute favorite fragrance. I've tried a few times to branch out and try something new, but this is the best. Nothing meshes with my natural smell better than this. It goes through three distinct phases and by the end of the day it is warm vanilla deliciousness. It is best in the winter filtering out through layers of warm clothes. This is my HG fragrance for sure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by CherryTinsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after smelling it in the shops and thinking it was quite nice. I don't know how it must have deceived me in between trying it there and then eventually buying it, but alas...

This is a hugely musky perfume - I'm really not a fan of musk. The linger of it is just way too sweet for me, I think? It's far too heavy to be wearing during the daytime but I'd still wear it out at night if I was feeling adventurous. But honestly it's just not the scent for me, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

My friend has this perfume and it smells great on her. however, when i spray it, i can really detect a citrusy smell which i really dislike, the dry down of this scent is a lot nicer. It smells good on my friend but it gets a bit cloying when i spray it on myself and the overly sweet almond just gives me a headache. i wish it smells as good on me as it does on others. maybe it just doesnt work with my skin chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Sarah9228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the girl Below Me. When you 1st spray it, You get a strong Lime scent! Which i don't really care for, But after that passes the Amber & Sandalwood kick in, Which is my fav part! Bc that is the Note i most like & the note that stats on you. After sniffing my arm, I do have to agree that it kinda does smell like Viva La Juicy, Maybe its the Amber. Anyways I LOVE this fragrance <3 will be using alot during the Winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quickly becoming my go-to fragrance. I have the EDP, and it is a warm vanilla, with a dark amber and crisp lime note to it as well. Sounds kind of odd together, but it works. It is more warm/gourmand than it is citrus; it actually smells kind of like viva la juicy to me (another go-to), but the lime keeps it from being "overwhelmingly" sweet and heavy like some gourmands can be, while still remaining a warm, comforting, perfect fall/winter fragrance. This also has lasting power and silage that are out of this world - lasts as long as coco mademoiselle on me (around 10 hrs) and you only need ONE spray. This is something to be appreciated in such a pricey perfume. And because of this, I won't need to repurchase for quite a while...But when I run out, I certainly will!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with everyone who says the EDT and EDP are practically different perfumes. The EDP gives me a headache, although I do still like the scent. I own the EDT. I really loved this scent at first, and I do think it's still a perfect winter scent. But I'm no longer crazy about it because to me it's become a very masculine smell. I have never really understood when others say this smells feminine. I detect no flower notes, and I don't even really detect the vanilla. What I get is a unique blend of orientals. The scent is all winter. If I had to describe it one way I would say it smells COLD, and very spicy. Out of all the 20-some perfumes I own, this and CK In2U Her are the most masculine-smelling. I am not meaning to put down the perfume since it is a great, unique scent that is actually nice and fresh for winter. I just wish it was "warmed up" a little!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It has to be said that there is quite a large difference between the EdP and EdT of this perfume - I've owned both, and my preference definitely lies with the EdT.

The EdT is sweeter, more oriental and the vanilla comes through stronger. The EdP emphasises Brit's woody and citrus notes. It's best not to blind buy this one, rather go and test both variations and see which version you prefer. There isn't much of a difference in staying power (as far as I've experienced) so don't let that deter you from going for the EdT if you prefer it. The EdP does admittedly have the larger sillage though!