September 19, 2014 | 1753 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by CherryTinsel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after smelling it in the shops and thinking it was quite nice. I don't know how it must have deceived me in between trying it there and then eventually buying it, but alas...

This is a hugely musky perfume - I'm really not a fan of musk. The linger of it is just way too sweet for me, I think? It's far too heavy to be wearing during the daytime but I'd still wear it out at night if I was feeling adventurous. But honestly it's just not the scent for me, I don't think I'll be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by annettepe

My friend has this perfume and it smells great on her. however, when i spray it, i can really detect a citrusy smell which i really dislike, the dry down of this scent is a lot nicer. It smells good on my friend but it gets a bit cloying when i spray it on myself and the overly sweet almond just gives me a headache. i wish it smells as good on me as it does on others. maybe it just doesnt work with my skin chemistry.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Sarah9228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the girl Below Me. When you 1st spray it, You get a strong Lime scent! Which i don't really care for, But after that passes the Amber & Sandalwood kick in, Which is my fav part! Bc that is the Note i most like & the note that stats on you. After sniffing my arm, I do have to agree that it kinda does smell like Viva La Juicy, Maybe its the Amber. Anyways I LOVE this fragrance <3 will be using alot during the Winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is quickly becoming my go-to fragrance. I have the EDP, and it is a warm vanilla, with a dark amber and crisp lime note to it as well. Sounds kind of odd together, but it works. It is more warm/gourmand than it is citrus; it actually smells kind of like viva la juicy to me (another go-to), but the lime keeps it from being "overwhelmingly" sweet and heavy like some gourmands can be, while still remaining a warm, comforting, perfect fall/winter fragrance. This also has lasting power and silage that are out of this world - lasts as long as coco mademoiselle on me (around 10 hrs) and you only need ONE spray. This is something to be appreciated in such a pricey perfume. And because of this, I won't need to repurchase for quite a while...But when I run out, I certainly will!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with everyone who says the EDT and EDP are practically different perfumes. The EDP gives me a headache, although I do still like the scent. I own the EDT. I really loved this scent at first, and I do think it's still a perfect winter scent. But I'm no longer crazy about it because to me it's become a very masculine smell. I have never really understood when others say this smells feminine. I detect no flower notes, and I don't even really detect the vanilla. What I get is a unique blend of orientals. The scent is all winter. If I had to describe it one way I would say it smells COLD, and very spicy. Out of all the 20-some perfumes I own, this and CK In2U Her are the most masculine-smelling. I am not meaning to put down the perfume since it is a great, unique scent that is actually nice and fresh for winter. I just wish it was "warmed up" a little!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It has to be said that there is quite a large difference between the EdP and EdT of this perfume - I've owned both, and my preference definitely lies with the EdT.

The EdT is sweeter, more oriental and the vanilla comes through stronger. The EdP emphasises Brit's woody and citrus notes. It's best not to blind buy this one, rather go and test both variations and see which version you prefer. There isn't much of a difference in staying power (as far as I've experienced) so don't let that deter you from going for the EdT if you prefer it. The EdP does admittedly have the larger sillage though!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Mguthrie0206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is both sweet/fruity and vanilla/woodsy. It is not overly spicy, it is easy to wear. I love the plaid bottle also. This is by far one of my favorite scents (and I own at least 20). Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite fragrance that always gets compliments from both male and female. Lovely soft and romantic just what I need to pick me up on any given day. I am not sure what a signature fragrence is, but if it is the one you get most complimented on, I guess this one would be it for me. I do not know how many repurchases I have made. This is the EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by katchimo

There is a pretty big difference between Burberry Brit's Eau de Parfum and their Eau de Toilette and my review is more for the parfum but I will touch on the other a bit too.

The parfum is very much for the older sexy woman of (lol) which I am not. I just graduated from using girly frilly cheap perfumes and body sprays and decided I wanted to find (read: splurge) on a brand fragrance that was classic and wouldn't tire of. Burberry Brit wasn't my first choice and didn't qualify for my search but when I smelled it I was in heaven love.

Sephora lists the scents as : Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. The perfume's top notes are very spicy, sweet and almost overpowering when you initially spray it but it doesn't completely cover the bottom notes and the whole mixture is just plain harmony. By the time the top notes finally wear off the bottom scents have had time to mellow down into a very warm combination of amber, mahogany and vanilla. I have no idea what Tonka beans are (or icy pears) but I assume that its another bottom note. (Actually Wikipedia says they're used to flavor tobacco so if you think of smokers when you smell this perfume that'd probably why.) The reason why I prefer the parfum over the toilette is because the toilette's sweeter fruit notes (lime, pear) overpowers the rest of the scents and lacked the same dimension as the parfum.

Absolutely recommend. Very classic scent and the packaging is very burberry and expensive looking. I don't know if I'll need to buy another bottle though, I purchased the largest size burberry offers (3.3 fl. oz) and I'm pretty sure it will last my whole life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This perfume smells delicious. I got mine at Target for $48. It is perfect for fall and winter. The scent lasts quite a long time as well. Even when I think the scent has gone, I'll get a whiff when I walk. Must buy!