October 1, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Concealer Foundation SPF15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation years ago and felt it was not a good fit for my oily skin. I tried it again this year in the color creme blush (MAC NC 20-25) along with LP "rose illuision" (primer) and I was amazed what a difference both made compared to the first time I tried the foundation. The color was a good match but what I liked was at the end of the day my foundation was still there which with my oily skin never seemed to happen with any foundation. I would say this is medium coverage. I like it enough to purchase again but I wish they would sell the foundation seperate from the concealer ( I dont need concealer but if you do its nice to have the perfect combination together). The price is high but I have found other sites that make it more reasonable to purchase again. Its a good foundation and I prefer it to CDP creme foundation which I could never seem to put on without looking cakey I love the cover this foundation provides without looking so made up, of course you need to use a light hand when applying.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by impeccable02

This is a very mediocre foundation and I was disappointed as I had very high expectations.
The reason I bought it specifically, besides my never-ending zealous quest for the perfect foundation (and perfect skin), was because a top make-up artist (worked for Tatler, Cosmo, Harpers Bazaar and many perfum ads) listed it among his 10 favourite products (and yes, I am a sucker for "industry-insiders" 's recommendations). Moreover, some of his other favourites were the same as mine, so I assumed that it would be likely that I would love it just as much.

Let me begin by saying that part of the problem might be the shade that I got (creme peche) -- or rather the shade that the SA forced upon me as she absolutely guaranteed that this was the best colour for me (and again, I foolishly assumed that she knew what she was talking about and would know my skin tone after a two-second size-up better than myself after 10 years of make-up usage...).

My skin is NC 30-35 and quite yellow and I must say that the colour range that LP is offering for this foundation is quite poor for those with yellow-golden undertones. Perhaps Sand Beige or even Creme Blush would have been a better choice... yet even while I was sampling and checking different shades out, I thought they all looked too pinkish -- very old-school 80's make-up. If you are considering trying this and you have a lot of yellow in your skin, beware! Pick very carefully.

To sum up: poor colour selections, does not cater sufficiently to the variety of skin tones that are out there, very artificial, outdated pinkish hues. I definitely need stronger yellow pigmentation in my foundation than what LP currently has to offer.

Next, the consistency is terrible. It's very thick with surprisingly poor coverage for a product this creamy (Armani LSF gives me better coverage than this). Yet it manages to make my complexion look heavy, pasty and mask-like. In other words, all the inconveniences of heavy cream foundation with zero advantages.Overall, I think it makes me look pasty (no better word for it) and sallow like someone who spends too much time indoors in poorly ventilated rooms which is not the case (even when I dust over it with my beloved LM mineral finishing power and NARS laguna which look just gorgeous on top of any other foundation).
I bought this three months ago and have been using it for 1-2 days every week since then (I alternate with my other foundations) and this is my least favourite of the foundations I am currently using. I always think I look older (which is quite an achievement on someone who has no wrinkles or fine lines) and ashy (no matter how much blush and highlighter I layer on top) when I wear this, esp. in contrast with days when I'm wearing the other foundations.
Henceforth, I will only wear it on days when I'm staying at home and I'm cleaning out the garage or something. Like I said, I have no visible lines but strangely at the end of the day this foundations make it seems as if I do have some and am trying to conceal them....
I was excited with the idea of having an exactly matching concealer but I can't say that the concealer is spectacular either...Like the foundations, it's... waxy, and it will make you look waxy. Not dewy, but waxy. Like a corpse with oily skin.
This is the anti-thesis of what the nineties taught us that make-up should be. Very old lady product. Will not repurchase.... oh yes did I mention it made my pores look more visible?

18 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by LadyValea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product because of the reviews here! I went to my local Neimans counter to look at this product in person. The SA was a little stuck up! and insisted on Honey beige. I'm a MAC NC 25 with yellow undertones. I felt it was to pink and orange...I did like creamy moist feeling. My skin feels dry right know, you only need a tiny amount, be sure to shake the bottle before use. after a couple days of wearing this color, I felt it turned orange and made me look muddy and dirty! so I took it back, a different SA said that it was the wrong color for me and gave me sand beige!! its a little lighter color. but it works

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the airbrushed look this product gives my skin so it is always with much disappointment when my skin eventually breaks out!!!for this reason i save my la prairie foundation for special occasions only.im pretty much guaranteed a break out post use,but the coverage and glow it gives my skin is phenomenal.
unfortunately i dont think its suitable for combination acne prone skin like mine,but for any of you lucky normal skinned ladies out there,you really should give this product a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Dot_Cotton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this foundation/concealer combo in a raffle basket that had few products. It was my lucky day, because the color soie naturel was perfect match for my skin tone! Made the mistake at first to put too much product on. Very little goes a long way. My skin is combination and I have some broken capillaries on my cheeks. It did not make the oily parts any oilier, nor did it make the dry parts too dry. Even with very little of the product, coverage was good. Second time I used a q-tip to dap little dots on my face, and then spread it with my fingers. The wand that comes with the product was not very useful. Concealer was the best I have tried so far. As Im getting older, my under eye area is getting dark and there are some fine lines. Some of the concealers I have tried will deposit themselves on the lines and by the end of the day the effect is quite creepy. This concealer did not do that. I like using my fingers, so I just dapped a little bit of the concealer on my under eye area and kept on dapping it until it looked even. Again very little goes a long way. This product is very expensive, but the amount that is needed for a good result is so little, that on a long run this might be cost effective. I would have never bought this and paid $170, but now Im hooked and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by manuelasaporitti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is very nice but I personally find it a bit heavy, I also dont like to use foundation too much. In pictures it looks beautiful and when my husband sees me he says I look flawless, however its very expensive and I think I can do just fine without it. Wonderful product though...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 9:18:00 AM More reviews by cavvie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore this on my wedding day and it made me look flawless. I loved the coverage yet I still had a bit of dewy glow. The color was perfect for my slightly yellow skin. Color, coverage, look...all A's. The downsides, price (worth it for a big event though) and it is a little too heavy for my everyday foundation, as it tends to make my oily skin breakout.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by jacobina

overpriced and overated! that is all

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by anialobo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am makeup artist , so keep trying many foundations all the time.

I tried sample of La Prairie in Honey Beige, this colour is perfect for my medium tone skin.
This foundation is really amazing, but u have to know how to use it correctly. If you will put too much you will look heavy and oily.
This foundation is really reach, moisture your face and if you remove it at night your skin feels great, not like after double wear by Estee Lauder - tired and grey.
I had a sample first and this sample last for about 5 days.This is the great thing about La prairie, the products last for ages.
I had a friends party and was appling makeup quickly. I didn't put any powder yet and my husband said - wow you look so fresh and glowing !!! And believe me he never says anything about my makeup!!!

I will buy the full size, which gonna last me for year or more - I m sure.

My advice is - I am the makeup artist and so many ladies keep coming to me and say that their friends look amazing , when they use some kind of foundation. Not all the woman will look great with La Prairie , so is really important with any kind of foundation to get a sample first.

Sorry for my English...

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by KSAP

I am reviewing this product based on a single use, which may not be completely fair to the product. Please keep in mind that if this foundation offers long-term benefits, I did not use it long enough to know. The first thing I noticed is the foundation is VERY thick and a very little goes a long way. The coverage is on the heavy side; however, it may be the way I applied and might offer a lighter coverage had realized how very little is needed. It is my opinion that, based on the thick consistency of the foundation, the concealer would not be needed, at least not by me. Which leads me to my next point. I did not use the concealer and therefore cannot comment or review that part of this product. Okay, the next thing I noticed is that there are very few color options making a good match difficult at best. I used Ivoire, which was a close match but not perfect. All of the colors I sampled had either a strong yellow or strong pink undertone. The Ivoire was on the pink side. I felt like I was wearing a pink-hued mask. The staying power was mediocre at best, as the imperfections I was attempting to cover were popping through by the end of the day. Finally, this foundation has a very strong fragrance which, even if everything else about it had been perfect, would have turned me off from ever using it again. I gave this product two lippies because although the color was not exactly right and the smell bothered me, I think it provided a nice dewy, youthful finish. That said, at $170 a pop, it better make me look like 16 again...and that did not happen;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No