April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Treatments - Clinique - Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just for the record, I do use Clarisonic twice a day which has been doing a wonderful job of exfoliation for me. I have had it 11 days and love it. So...I received this Turnaround Concentrate (serum), as a free sample when making a purchase of my DDM-gel. I went on the website and saw the price is $37.50 for one ounce, which I think is a little pricey. I used this twice, but I thought you had to wash it off - the marketing brochure I was given has a few products on it which are for exfoliation.
The brochure, nor the website has the ingredients listed. I like to know what I'm putting on my face and the SA didn't give me any info at all on what it is, or what's in it, or how to use it.
So, I just read the reviews here which are quite good. Time will tell. I just think the Clinique SA need to start doing their jobs as far as informing customers why they need a product, and how/when to use it. They don't even bother to ask what other products you are using. So much for the "lab" part of their jobs. I doubt most have taken chemistry or microbiology. I will remain open minded about this product until I have used the small tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Nikkirose2305

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a Skin condition called ( Keratosis Pilaris)
" really dry bumpy skin "on upper arms and backside sounds worse then it looks but basically this product for the BODY not total turnaround face works great on it my skin is smooth and nice

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by lesliexyang

I bought this a few days ago but don't worry I do plan on reviewing it again in another week or so.

I really like to give honest opinions because it's what makes or breaks the products. I don't want to beat around the bush because people might end up wasting more money on something that does not work for them.

anywho, this product is not a moisturizer. by the texture of it, it already feels like it is a treatment. it has shiny little particles in it but when applied onto the face it doesn't show. it dries off into a smooth velvety finish and ..it keeps my face dry. not bad dry, but no oiliness.

so far what i have noticed: my skin is calm, my skin gets red easily and breaks out fast. no new pimples on my face and my flakes from acne are not there.

will be back!

edit: 12/24/2008

lol it's been a while. but obviously i forgot about this product. i got horrible breakouts and stopped using all the products i was at the time. this didn't do much for me for the time that i was using it. but this is my skin, not everyone else's.

i'll say if you can get a sample of this, then do so before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cheechi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using this cream every night for just over a month and so far, i really like it. i'm cursed with both eczema and clogged, mild acne-prone skin. i usually have at least one pimple, and halfway through the day i get all these tiny, whitehead-looking bumps on my cheeks and forehead that are really annoying. i also have some acne scarring, and blackheads on my nose.

i have to say, this stuff has really cleared up my skin. i've only gotten 2 small pimples since i started using the product, and the tiny whiteheads (if there are any at all) and blackheads have been drastically reduced. also, my skin feels awesome. after the first few days of use, i noticed that my face felt super-smooth and almost buttery when i washed it, and my makeup applies better and has better staying power. there are still some mornings when this stuff seems to have worked "better" than others (if i'm super-stressed, my skin will still look so-so), and i still have scarring, but i'm hoping that will start to clear up after continued use. most importantly, this stuff does not irritate my eczema!!! no burning sensation or anything.

just for reference, i use this along with Oxy Chill Factor face wash (i think this also has played a big part in clearing up my skin), witch hazel as a toner, and Clinique DDML.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

This is a really nice product. I'm looking for something to fade some acne and eczema scarring on my face. While the scars haven't noticably faded or POOF! disappeared (as I wish they would!), they are a tiny bit lighter. What I do love is how this helps my rosacea. I'll wash my face and it will be an angry red--but right after applying this the redness is GONE! It's amazing. My skin did not react badly to this at all--one pimple at the beginning, but I'm going to blame that on the MB seaweed soap sample I was also using. I zapped that sucker with a little BP anyway. I only use this at night as my nose can tend to get a bit oily.

The only caveat, besides the no-magic-poofing, is the container. As many have pointed out, it's not that hygenic and since it's not opaque, the sunlight can destabilize the ingredients. I keep it in a dresser drawer and use a Q-tip to dot it on my face.

I'm tempted to try the Even Better skin corrector, but having read many negative reviews I may just stay with this unless my derm can come up with something better without resorting to a medium peel (yikes! Terrified!). It's a great night cream anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Dawn1980

This cream is absolutely fabulous. I would never have tried it if it wasn't given to me as a bonus gift. I use this at night, and I wake up with smooth and more even-toned skin. My face just looks like it glows, and I don't even break out! Needless to say, I got hooked and used this every night. I think that was a mistake, b/c I stopped noticing much of a difference after using this for 4 straight weeks. Don't get me wrong, my skin looked great, but I longed for the "wow" factor I had when I first used it. I've dwindled down now to using it once or twice a week, and I now see that difference afterward. I recommend using this occasionally when you need an extra "oomph." It's definitely one of my HG products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised by how much I like this. I'm not much of a Clinique fan, but wound up with about 4 GWP-sized jars from various promotions. I use it at night, and found it had similar results to Kinerase Lotion, which makes my skin soft, clear and glowing. I have oily skin, but this didn't cause me to break out, and I found the texture to be quite nice and matte. When my samples run out I'll purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by icing78

I can really see the improvement in my skin tone and texture after using this in the morning for a month. Price is a little expensive, but I will purchase again if it keeps working.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Constancek

Skin says meh.

I got this free with some other cream, but it's probably expensive. I love the consistency, and it does probably do something for my skin, but I can't figure out what it is. It makes it feel quite tight afterwards, but that is not so unusual for me.

I love the way it sparkles, and it feels good to put on, but when I take it off, I don't care so much for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pilgr1m

About me: I have an oily breakout prone t-zone and normal cheeks.

Packaging: Jar is terrible: unsanitary and difficult to travel with. I will try to get the oilier skin version with the pump next time b/c I have oily skin lol.

Overall thoughts: I love this stuff, definitely my HG night cream. I had a GWP lying around and decided to try it because I needed a moisturizer. However, this product is not intended to be a moisturizer, it's more of an exfoliant. Anyway, behold, the next morning my cheeks were soft and my acne on the t-zone was much less visible. The cream unscented and leaves my face kind of sparkly if I look closely (I assume its the exfoliating substance). The jar version definitely has to be a night cream for me because it leaves me a little shiny. However, at $34.50/jar, I don't think I would use this twice a day anyway. The .05oz/15mL GWP size lasted me well over 2 months of just about everyday use and I'm on my first full sized jar now. It's pricey but the results are immediate, lasting and totally worth it.