October 1, 2014 | 1997 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Total Turnaround Visible Skin Renewer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by cheechi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've been using this cream every night for just over a month and so far, i really like it. i'm cursed with both eczema and clogged, mild acne-prone skin. i usually have at least one pimple, and halfway through the day i get all these tiny, whitehead-looking bumps on my cheeks and forehead that are really annoying. i also have some acne scarring, and blackheads on my nose.

i have to say, this stuff has really cleared up my skin. i've only gotten 2 small pimples since i started using the product, and the tiny whiteheads (if there are any at all) and blackheads have been drastically reduced. also, my skin feels awesome. after the first few days of use, i noticed that my face felt super-smooth and almost buttery when i washed it, and my makeup applies better and has better staying power. there are still some mornings when this stuff seems to have worked "better" than others (if i'm super-stressed, my skin will still look so-so), and i still have scarring, but i'm hoping that will start to clear up after continued use. most importantly, this stuff does not irritate my eczema!!! no burning sensation or anything.

just for reference, i use this along with Oxy Chill Factor face wash (i think this also has played a big part in clearing up my skin), witch hazel as a toner, and Clinique DDML.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

This is a really nice product. I'm looking for something to fade some acne and eczema scarring on my face. While the scars haven't noticably faded or POOF! disappeared (as I wish they would!), they are a tiny bit lighter. What I do love is how this helps my rosacea. I'll wash my face and it will be an angry red--but right after applying this the redness is GONE! It's amazing. My skin did not react badly to this at all--one pimple at the beginning, but I'm going to blame that on the MB seaweed soap sample I was also using. I zapped that sucker with a little BP anyway. I only use this at night as my nose can tend to get a bit oily.

The only caveat, besides the no-magic-poofing, is the container. As many have pointed out, it's not that hygenic and since it's not opaque, the sunlight can destabilize the ingredients. I keep it in a dresser drawer and use a Q-tip to dot it on my face.

I'm tempted to try the Even Better skin corrector, but having read many negative reviews I may just stay with this unless my derm can come up with something better without resorting to a medium peel (yikes! Terrified!). It's a great night cream anyway!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Dawn1980

This cream is absolutely fabulous. I would never have tried it if it wasn't given to me as a bonus gift. I use this at night, and I wake up with smooth and more even-toned skin. My face just looks like it glows, and I don't even break out! Needless to say, I got hooked and used this every night. I think that was a mistake, b/c I stopped noticing much of a difference after using this for 4 straight weeks. Don't get me wrong, my skin looked great, but I longed for the "wow" factor I had when I first used it. I've dwindled down now to using it once or twice a week, and I now see that difference afterward. I recommend using this occasionally when you need an extra "oomph." It's definitely one of my HG products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised by how much I like this. I'm not much of a Clinique fan, but wound up with about 4 GWP-sized jars from various promotions. I use it at night, and found it had similar results to Kinerase Lotion, which makes my skin soft, clear and glowing. I have oily skin, but this didn't cause me to break out, and I found the texture to be quite nice and matte. When my samples run out I'll purchase a full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by icing78

I can really see the improvement in my skin tone and texture after using this in the morning for a month. Price is a little expensive, but I will purchase again if it keeps working.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Constancek

Skin says meh.

I got this free with some other cream, but it's probably expensive. I love the consistency, and it does probably do something for my skin, but I can't figure out what it is. It makes it feel quite tight afterwards, but that is not so unusual for me.

I love the way it sparkles, and it feels good to put on, but when I take it off, I don't care so much for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pilgr1m

About me: I have an oily breakout prone t-zone and normal cheeks.

Packaging: Jar is terrible: unsanitary and difficult to travel with. I will try to get the oilier skin version with the pump next time b/c I have oily skin lol.

Overall thoughts: I love this stuff, definitely my HG night cream. I had a GWP lying around and decided to try it because I needed a moisturizer. However, this product is not intended to be a moisturizer, it's more of an exfoliant. Anyway, behold, the next morning my cheeks were soft and my acne on the t-zone was much less visible. The cream unscented and leaves my face kind of sparkly if I look closely (I assume its the exfoliating substance). The jar version definitely has to be a night cream for me because it leaves me a little shiny. However, at $34.50/jar, I don't think I would use this twice a day anyway. The .05oz/15mL GWP size lasted me well over 2 months of just about everyday use and I'm on my first full sized jar now. It's pricey but the results are immediate, lasting and totally worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I cannot, for the life of me, understand why this product has such a high rating.

I hate, hate, hate it! I've received numerous samples in small tubes and have given it a try so many times over the past couple of years - and each time I use it, it's the same story. My skin becomes dry and crusty, and I have red marks left on my skin for several weeks thereafter. It does absolutely nothing to "renew" ones skin; and basically serves no purpose at all apart from destroying my own face. I can't believe the cost of this product is so high - I wouldn't take it if somebody paid me to!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kat2703

I've used this on & off for 2 years or so. I love the feel of this product & the light/lack of fragrance, but for me the results just dont warrant the price. My skin is moisturized after using it, but as for smoother texture & smaller pores, etc, not so much. The ingredients (hyaluronic adic esp) are great for moisture, but I don't think theres enough BHA in here to exfoliate too much. the packaging isn't great either - I feel so unsanitary sticking my fingers into pots. Overall not a bad product at all just lackluster & not worth the $$$ IME.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for a week maybe a week and a half and maybe I'm one of the very few who just dont like it. After use my skin would still flake up and feel dry, and after I would put on my moisturizer and touch my face these random dry flakies would appear and I would have to apply more moisturizer over that. Something I was using was over drying out my skin. And the thing I thought was odd, was that I exfoliate in the shower at least 3 times a week, if not everyday. (I have a pair of facial exfoliating gloves that I use with my creme cleanser, I dont use a separate scrub..so having dry skin shouldnt havent been a problem) So I'm not sure wtf is going on with all these products. All I know is I didnt like it and returned it. Hope you ladies have better luck that I did.