MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 1/10/2015 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick appears to b everyone's go to red lippy. It is a cult fave for a reason. I honestly never witnessed a person this lipstick did not flatter. Some weaping willows will shy away from a red lip but I ain't one of them! The only issue I have is that it is really REALLY matte and require a little primer or balm underneath and maybe even a gloss on top.

on 1/10/2015 4:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I almost have a love/hate relationship with this lipstick because I absolutely ADORE the way it looks on however applying it is torture sometimes. I have found the best way to apply it is to line my lips first with Brick Red lip liner from M.A.C and then use and extremely small lip brush and press the product on (but be sure to use vaseline or another chapstick before hand as it is very drying, hence retro matte). However if i do get a little on the skin around my mouth i feel like it shows the whole day, no matter if i covered it with foundation. But i find that the troubles in applying are worth it for the look it gives, paired with winged eyeliner it creates a simple and effortless (sort of) pin-up girl look which I love. At the same time a blue-toned red fits my pale skin better but I don't really care as the look and wear time (I've had it on for 10+ hours with only one touch up around the corners of my mouth) Ruby Woo has is most certainly worth it! Definitely repurchase.

on 1/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

This is my very first (High-end) MAC lipstick, and sorry to say that this baby is GORGEOUS AND WOC friendly!!!! Words can't even describe how beautiful this red is for my skin tone. I highly recommend this lipstick b/c it will fit EVERY SKIN TONE!!!! I had this for nearly a month now, and this will be one of the lipsticks I will repurchase!!! Way to go MAC!!!

on 12/30/2014 11:02:00 PM

Perfect red lipstick for my NC15 skin and green eyes. Really pops :) it lasts all day, doesn't smear and looks fabulous

on 12/24/2014 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First time wearing it I got so many compliments! Its truly the best red out there and would suit anyone. I don't even care that it's a bit drying...it is so pretty!

on 12/19/2014 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great lipstick. Since its retro matte it's a lot dryer so it does make your lips feel extremely dry. It's amazing color payoff I like it a lot. It does last pretty long. But can come off when you eat and if you don't wear lip liner make you look clownish.

on 12/18/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is THE red lipstick. It's been raved about endlessly and I still can't rave about it enough - it is a gorgeous, true red and seems to make everything pop.

That said, it is very drying - I find that applying Nivea Milk & Honey lip balm (the one in the yellow tube) beforehand helps however make sure that your lips have been well exfoliated before applying this because it really emphasizes dry patches on your lips.

HIGHLY recommend this. It makes your teeth look really good too.

on 12/17/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The red lipstick to end all red lipsticks. You can see this red in outer space. This is an eye-popping, show stopping red. When I wear this lipstick, I feel saucy and trampy and sexy. Ruby Woo helps me channel my inner rock and roll bad girl, and it has made my life altogether more fun. Stop debating and get this lipstick.

on 12/17/2014 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Ruby woo is a very very dry lipstick, once you apply it the appearance really shows the dryness. There are some wonderful alternatives to get a nice bold red lip, also with Mac but without the extreme dryness. Try the long wear line- the red in that formula , I have that for when I feel like rocking the red lip and its moisturizing, stays in place and barley needs touching up during a night out. Hope that helps :)

on 12/17/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Dark pink and patchy and drying. I may be in the minority, but believe me as someone who wants a bold red, this is not the perfect red for everyone even if it works for many. Try before you buy.

Popular Lipsticks