MAC Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

4.4

on 11/8/2014 9:29:00 AM

This lipstick is amazing. It is the best lipstick I have ever put on and I would recommend it to anyone. When I decided to get Ruby Woo, I was thinking more about how it would look on me than it being a cult favorite. I also own Media and Cyber- which are also two awesome colors! Ruby Woo is my favorite of the three (and counting) that I own! I decided to start with MAC for higher end lipsticks because I just had a good feeling that I would fall in love with their formulas! Which I did, of course! If you do not have this shade, PLEASE GO GET IT! You will not regret it, I promise! I do love the Matte formula too, it feels as though there is no product on my lips at all and I still have a beautiful red shade on them! I like that it looks velvet-y. I was never one for really loving glossy looks that much anyways so if you're like me and you want a red lipstick that will look amazing, I urge you to stop what you are doing now and get to the MAC counter or buy it online.

on 11/8/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Finally got that MAC red lipstick that EVERYONE raves about and it was definitely upto the expectations. It looks ah-mazing on me! (olive/indian + tanned skin). It's the perfect red for any time of the day (college / work / just out and about) . Love the matte finish. If you find that your lips feels very dry during application just put on some vaseline before applying the lipstick to prep your lips. I'll definitely be buying this shade over and over again!

on 11/3/2014 6:11:00 AM

my first MAC lipstick and it is sent from heaven.
true one of a kind red that suits everybody.
it is maybe little dry, but i really like it that way, before & after using it, i apply balsam on my lips so they won't go dry.

perfect!

on 11/2/2014 3:00:00 PM

I love my Mac lipsticks! I have far too many in every colour and finish. However, this one - I feel - is the most overrated. It left my lips dry and patchy within a few hours wear which is unusual for Mac lipsticks, I usually don't even have to bother wearing a lip primer. If you like red lips, then obviously when you buy Mac, you know the pigment is going to be fantastic, but don't expect it to wear brilliantly - there are better ones out there.

on 10/31/2014 11:48:00 AM

Wasnt red but dark pink on me; too drying. Shame as i love Mac lipsticks.

on 10/22/2014 5:16:00 PM

the best red ever!! People say its drying but I don't think so. live a life of exfoliated lips!

on 10/22/2014 11:25:00 AM

Okay, this is the best red of all times..Yes, indeed, it is drying but that's the magic in it. You can find plenty of moisturizing lipsticks on the market but NONE of them will look like Ruby Woo. It is totally matte, you can see that hint of shine in any other red matte lipstick but not in this one. I absolutely adore the shade and the texture. And btw, if you have drying lips why buy something that you can understand from the first swatch on your hand that it is not moisturizing at all??

Tip: always use a lipliner with this one. I would suggest Cherry by MAC which, by the way, fits with most of your bright red lipsticks..

on 10/18/2014 3:46:00 PM

I am so disapointing in this lipstick.
Reading all the reviews and listening all the stories about it - I really excepted something special.
First - for me it is not drying at all. It is tricky to aply but ok, I can manage that. But, I am disapointed in poor staying power on my lips. After a short time it starts to vanish from the inside lips. Also, lipstick didn t sucecesfully survive just one drink.
Second - for me, this shade of red is not outstanding. In fact, when I applied it i was pretty indifferent for it. I found much better shades in other makeup brands

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

great vintage red looks lovely, yes its matte a little aquphor underneath helps I wear this with Rimmel Diva Red lipliner

on 10/12/2014 11:56:00 AM

Serious red color that won't quit. This is my first red lipstick and I am in love!

Yes it's meant to be matte and yes it can be a pain to apply but invest in a lip brush and prep your lips before you get started and you're good to go! I've found that this color goes with everything, it's so versatile and really goes the extra mile to dress up any outfit.

Popular Lipsticks