November 27, 2014 | 1465 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Clean

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by DiAni

It was about $5 at my Walmart and I had a $3 off coupon so I grabbed the powder.
- Low price, about $5 at local drugstores.
- Sleek and sturdy packaging, albeit chunky, can be tossed into my purse without worrying about a powdery mess ( aka MAC Studio Fix)
- Color selection is limited. I could not find a shade that is yellow enough for my Asian NC 35 skin tone, even though my skin is on the neutral side. Buff Beige has yellow undertone but a tad light, the next yellow shade Soft Honey is dark and Medium Light is just too pinkish. For a setting powder Medium Light is passable.
- I apply the powder with my Ecotools Powder Brush. Coverage is sheer to none but I don't mind since it's a setting powder. The powder however accentuates my dry patches. Now onto the oil control CG Clean Pressed Powder promise. Epic failure! For the first hour or so the powder keeps my face matte, but then it oxidizes into a hideous orange shade, feels cakey and utterly uncomfortable. And my face is oily, like 4 to 5 hours oily without touch ups kinda thing. Straight to the trashcan!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by taybear96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the natural yet matte powder it looks so great on me, it's prefect when you want to look fresh faced without having to put on concealer and foundation. I have fairly good skin so I just use this to even out my skin tone and sometimes set my makeup when I am having a bad breakout. If you want a heavy coverage foundation this is not for you but if you're looking for a light natural foundation this is perfect for you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK, I lied. I wrote a bad review a while ago about this powder, thinking it was irritating my skin, but it wasn't this that was at fault, it was my habitual overuse of witch hazel. Yaaaaay! I thought I was gonna have to find a new powder. Clean powder is the best. Great colors, fresh smell, and call me crazy but it seems to help keep my skin clear too. Must be the noxzema.

One thing I do not like about this is the redesigned packaging & the subsequent price-jacking. In fact, I freaking HATE the new packaging. The new compact is overly bulky & the hinge SUCKS. I now have to hold it at the angle I want, it doesn't stay rigid like it used to. The price is $1 higher now too. Boo.

EDIE: 3 weeks of use & the hinge pin worked its way loose today. Had to shove it back in with a pointy object. I have contacted CG about the new compact design, it is simply terrible. If you hate the new compact as much as I do, you can de-pot the powder & transfer the pan to another compact. This is what I did.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by swimmerkoki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this powder, it looks natual on me, i dont know about others.
i have the soft honey color, but i hate how they keep changing the colors, then when i buy it again i usually buy the wrong color, and cant wear it, i have many of those. lol.
sometimes it can look cacky and orange, but thats only when you smack it on, i put it on, then with a paper towel i dab it along the face. it looks good afterwards:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an overall good powder. It's not as finely milled as higher end powders but it does a very good job for the price. I'm a C7/NC45 in MAC and I have this in Soft Honey. I originally got it in Tan but, the undertones were pinkish and it sort of oxidized on my skin. Soft honey is more golden/yellow based but the colors are very similar in depth. It does not look chalky or to powder on the skin. I usually wear it alone on top of moisturizer or as an alternative to my MAC Blot powder. My skin is super sensitive and prone to a few break outs and this doesn't cause any breakout or irritation/rashes. I use the fragrance free version in the green compact. I think the packaging is fine. The only draw backs are that its not finely milled, the oil control is not as great as MAC Blot (but not bad) and color selection for anyone who is much darker is poor. Price is awesome I believe I paid 3-4 dollars for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So yes, it's probably nostalgia that makes me love this powder so much...but I swear it's also good too, lol! I love the noxema scent, I love smelling it every time I reapply it, and yes I even fool myself into believing this is helping my skin stay "clean". I don't like the newer packaging, and wish they had just left it the way it was (it was actually easier to open before and more sleek). I rarely use any liquid foundation, and just stick to powder, and this one offers light coverage, yet looks totally natural. I use "Soft Honey" and it's one of the only options for tanned skintones, so I wish CG would have worked on improving their shades rather than their packaging!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by EUSHANNASIA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well. Count me among the ranks of many who experienced this powder for the first time as a zitty, self-conscious middle-schooler. Since my best friend in 7th grade commented on how pretty it looked the first time I tried it, I was hooked. It's hilarious, but, like so many others, I clung to this powder over the years, thinking this was the only drugstore brand that came in my ghostly pallor. It's true--this is the only drugstore brand that actually does match my skin (NW15 or lighter in MAC terminology), but I have since found better powder finishes. First of all, this stuff is really dusty. I've sneezed countless times while applying it with a brush--I never really used the pad it comes with. That MIGHT be because it contains straight-up talc, but let me get to my second complaint: It feels really heavy. Right after applying, I can feel it weighing down my skin, my pores. It does NOT feel nice. That feeling continues all day long. When I was much younger, I just assumed that that was what all makeup felt like. Eesh. And thirdly, and perhaps most importantly of all: this powder emphasizes the HELL out of dry spots. Even after applying concealer, with just a light dusting over, dry spots are instantly visible. Even after moisturizing, I usually still have dry areas within my nasolabial folds, and I always wondered what was wrong with my skin after applying concealer then this powder over those areas. Nothing was wrong! It's just really crappy powder with no real coverage capabilities. It's very sheer. Oh, it also smells quite strong. I can't place the smell, it's something similar to a scrubbed really, really clean old lady's house. I WILL give it a plus for easy portability and durability--I've dropped it many a time and incredibly, it didn't shatter into smithereens. The same cannot be said for my MAC Studio Fix, sadly. It does control shine, but... eh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is for the old version of "clean powder". Cover Girl just has the new version and will soon hit the market.
I got for $2.50/per pack (buff beige). It has a strong "clean" smell. I wish it were a little lighter on the smell. I use it over Revlon color stay foundation. Very soft powder covers my pores well, goes on neither too shear nor too heavy ,and gives me a nice soft polished appearance. It also lasts for a good 3-4 hours. I prefer this one over the "fresh look powder" (Fresh look powder is too dry). I do like its finish but the smell.
Edit:
-I would only purchase Cover Girl powders that do not contain any kind heavy smell.
-This gets very powdery when I try to touch up in the after noon.I am wearing Revlon age defying liquid makeup for normal/combination skins
-It wears well when being used only as a powder foundation. Gives a very even and natural finish with a light hand and get cakey when applied too much. I perfer this than Rimmel true matte pressed powder.
-Not bad for a DS powder at the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since I have an acne history, I'm afraid to put stuff on my face other than pressed powder. I usually use NYC's pressed powder (which is absolutely amazing), but when I ran out, they didn't have any left. Bummer. So I picked up this powder instead. To my taste, it does not gives enough coverage when you use it alone. However, if you do apply foundation and would like to top with a light powder to keep the oilies away, I definitely recommend this to you. My skin is super sensitive, and I've not had a problem with this powder. The compact is really sturdy (which knocks down NYC) and the mirror is really handy for on-the-go touchups. Bottom line is: purchase for topping off foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by minhchau88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall this is just an okay product, another drugstore pressed powder. The product offers very sheer coverage (to none) and helps mattifying the face. Mine is buff beige (foundation W3 nude beige True Match), so it does a bit in brightening the face as well.
I do not like the smell of this product at all, but many of my friends do. For me it just feels kind of cheap.

I would recommend this product for those on a budget who need a daily shine control and mattifying pressed powder to set your make up and is portable. Also, you should have pretty good skin to make use of this product. Otherwise, you will definitely hate it, especially if you're looking for something that gives medium to full coverage.