July 24, 2014 | 1784 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ilovekyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long dark lashes that I always curl, so I need a mascara that makes my lashes look longer, thicker and defined without any clumps. The formula is fairly wet, and very easy to apply with very few/no clumps. It makes my lashes look beautiful, almost like fake lashes, and dries to a rich glossy black finish. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, and I've even slept in it with no problems. It's also really easy to remove, which is important to me because makeup removers irritate my eyes. This is hands down my favorite mascara. I've tried YSL Faux Cils, Lancome Definicils, DiorShow, Benefit They're Real and so many others both high and low end.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by libbier

this is probably one of the best mascara i have used. not as expensive as lancome and dior etc but works slightly better and cheaper! i use this when i want a natural look because there is nothing really special about this mascara. the packaging is average, brush is also an average straight brush and not too thick or thin. i guess you can reapply this a few times but make sure that your lashes are still wet when coating it the second or third time because if you reapply while lashes are already dry then they will end up clumpy. i gave this 5 stars simply because it is a good mascara towards the higher end that is still affordable and worth the $$
will repurchase eventually :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by peachygirl12

Wow it's so smooth! It never clumps or anything and looks really natural no matter how much you build it up. It also lasts until the end of the day no matter what! I had an eyelash in my eye and I was rubbing my eye like crazy and I thought it would smudge everywhere but all I saw was 1 speck of black not even noticeable! Despite this, with a bit of water it comes off really easily at night. A bit expensive though compared to drugstore products, a good substitute would be maybelline full n soft :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

----UPDATE 1/8/2014---
after a while of using this, I can now see why the reviews are not so great.
The fluid has dried up to where it's harder to work with now. I either get spider lashes and clumps if I try to build it up to get the great effect I got at first, OR my lashes just look stumpy. So it's average. Clumpier than my previous HG, Maybelline Full N Soft. But probably better than those by Almay, etc. Plus, I've just started trying to find cruelty-free products and Clinique's reputation for this (esp in Chinese markets, where animal testing is required) is iffy at best. Will search for an alternative--probably Boots.
-----

I don't get why this product's overall rating is so low. I swear I've tried so many drugstore AND higher end mascaras, and I keep coming back to this one.

I like it because with one coat, it gives volume AND length. My lashes look longer and thicker with one coat than with any other mascara I've tried. It doesn't flake or smudge unless you wear it for like 18 hours. It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes (ahem, all major brand drugstore mascaras!). I don't have to curl my lashes anymore because this gives enough lift...that's surprising because it doesn't even claim to curl or lift!

Clinique products are typically hit or miss for me (I hate the lash doubling mascara, brow pencil, and even better compact, not to mention almost all the skin care products except city block...love the chubby sticks, stay matte powder, and this.) But this is probably my favorite and dare I say an HG mascara for me. I only wish I didn't have to bother with the annoying sales reps who always try to push the scrappy skincare on me when I visit the counter...those ladies shouldn't be allowed to wear white coats. But that's another whole review :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It is the best mascara I have ever used or tried, hands down. Then again my go-to look isn't "high impact" it's a more natural look. It gives me the most natural full dark lashes. So I think maybe they named it wrong.
I put on one coat of this. If you don't see me put it on, you'll think I naturally have good lashes. No clumps, no sticking whatsoever. Separates the lashes like no other mascara, which I think is the key to a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Lizzielizay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an alright Mascara, nothing to get hype about. I just hate how not much product gets on the brush, I always see myself trying to get more mascara because it looks like I put on no mascara on my lashes and it sucks sometimes especially when I try to do the bottom lashes. But the pros of this is that it doesn't clump, goes on smoothly, and looks natural all day long. I don't think this lengths your lashes but it does make them appear fuller I guess you can say. Its also easy to take this mascara off and doesn't irritate the eyes so that's a plus. So overall this is an alright Mascara not something I would buy again though, I would recommend this to somebody that wants a simple mascara that doesn't clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by gamien

Works wonders

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS is, by far, one of the most awesome mascara's I have EVER purchased. I had almost sworn off high end mascara's because my first few were pretty bad (I'm talking to you, Bad Gal Lash and Merle Norman!) This gives my naturally long lashes lots of volume and plenty of extra length. And the best part? No smudges or flakes! YES!!! Awesome stuff...will be repurchasing again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is good. It's not my favorite, but it works well. I bought this mascara after being a loyal user of Clinique's lash doubling mascara. When its new, its very heavy. I found it starts working better after it has dried out a little bit, but that is my preference. You have to be very careful when applying or it will give you spider lashes something fierce! It works best for my thin lashes so lightly wipe the wand over toilet paper before applying it. I don't think I'll be buying this again, but I had purchased lot of 6 trial sizes on ebay so I will use it until they're gone -- great value for how long it will last!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by alynne522

I love this mascara! It's expensive, so I don't buy it all year, but occasionally I splurge when Clinique has a bonus. It lasts longer in the tube than drugstore mascara, and coats my lashes perfectly. I have long lashes, so I'm not looking for a miracle mascara, but this does everything I want from a mascara. It goes in smoothly and isn't clumpy. I had previously just hoarded the sample mascara tubes, but when I finally bought the full size product I was so happy. This mascara is worth the money spent.