Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

This is my second-favorite mascara by Clinique. My favorite is Lash Doubling by Clinique. Lash Doubling has a more watery formula and tends to last longer in the tube, so thus my preference for it. High Impact mascara, although tending to clump sooner in the tube, does make lashes look more numerous....visibly thicker where the lashes meet the lid/skin. It tends to last up to about two years in the tube, although as we all know, we are supposed to be throwing away our mascaras every few months.

on 7/30/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

For me this was an average product. It wasn't horrible but it also wasn't great. What I liked about this was that if I used one coat, my lashes would be slightly improved both in length and volume. However, what I detested was that if I attempted to swipe a bit more product on, it would result in a dark clump.
Another thing I like is the brush was that the shape was soft and easy to work.
I picked this up in tester form for $3 at the MAC warehouse sale. However, I wouldn't pay retail price for a full size of it.

on 7/25/2014 1:13:00 PM

Amazing mascara. Great length, no clumps, no smell and at a fairly decent price. I always come back to this one.

on 7/21/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This will always be one of our best mascaras. I love how soft the brush is, and it rinses clean without makeup remover. I'm particularly enjoying the black/brown shade now because it gives just enough lift and length for a casual everyday look. Plus, I use it sparingly on the brows to fill in and lock unruly ones into place. Great product that I have fallen back in love with.

on 7/17/2014 11:54:00 AM

Had a sample of this with a magazine and bought the full size the next day, I did get the full size from a makeup outlet shop but I would happy go and buy it from boots full price makes my lashes lovely and long with volume with out looking clumpy and spidery just shows you pay for what you get

i really enjoy this mascara it gives really feathery dark long lashes without being way too dramatic the brush is a good size i wouldnt repurchase although its cheap for high end

on 7/10/2014 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Holy grail bottom mascara. I have long eyelashes and hate mascaras that add length and leave my bottom lashes touching my skin. For this reason I'd pretty much stopped applying mascaras to my bottom lashes. I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and love it! Defines without clumping and making then too long.

on 7/10/2014 1:19:00 PM

I love this mascara, it's non clumping, very black, defines and volumises. The only problem I have is that my eyelashes won't hold a curl if I don't use a waterproof mascara. Make a waterproof version, Clinique!

If you have naturally curly lashes then I fully recommend this.

on 7/3/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So, I used to think I hated this mascara, but after getting bored with High Lengths after a few years (and due to being a pretty loyal Clinique customer), I decided to give High Impact another try...and I'm in love! The color is rich and black, my lashes look lush and full...and the tips are tapered, so no clumps or "balls" at the ends. It does not flake after wearing all day, either. I have naturally long, curly lashes. This mascara gives them the perfect amount of pigment, definition and fullness without ever being chunky or wearing off by the end of the day. I also really love the classic style of the brush. It's slightly bushy, but not large. (A nice example to compare this mascara...the application and look is lot like Voluminous from L'Oreal, minus the flaking and smearing after a few hours of wear that seems to plague almost all drugstore brands of mascara).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really, really like this mascara, and think it is a good, all-around mascara staple.

It doesn't flake ever, which makes it ideal for wearing with contacts (and, you know, not having makeup flakes all over your face).

It isn't waterproof, but does require warm/hot water for removal. Again, this is great with contacts, because it doesn't run when it rains, drizzles, or you accidentally walk through sprinklers or something.

It isn't clumpy, and is quite buildable.
I also find I can use it for a long time before it starts to dry out, or needs to be replaced.

In general, I don't wear tons of makeup, and when I do, I prefer a more natural look. This might not be the most dramatic or vampy mascara out there, so keep this in mind. But it works well, builds easily with multiple coats, and always looks neat and clean (no flakes! ever!). I think it is worth the price.