December 21, 2014 | 910 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by kirstindoyle

Words can't describe how much I love this product! My mom randomly bought it for me a couple years ago in the fall, when my skin gets super dry. I was skeptical to use it because I thought it would be greasy, since it says it's an oil, but I was surprised to find that it wasn't greasy at all- it soaked right into my skin and kept it from getting flaky and itchy throughout the day. Best of all- it didn't take forever to soak in OR leave any sticky residue behind. It smells really good, too, like vanilla, and isn't at all overpowering. The consistency is runnier than most lotions, but I'd chalk that up to the oil. The only thing I don't really like about aveeno products is the price- I can pay up to $9 for a bottle of this if it's not on sale. I generally skip on this in the summer though as lotions tend to feel too heavy and sticky on my skin in the summertime with the heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I usually avoid Aveeno products because I have oily skin to begin with and they felt TOO oily on my skin, but this one was fantastic! It goes on smoothly, absorbs remarkably quick (especially for an Aveeno product) and does help a lot with dry skin. I don't really know how long it lasts because I don't pay attention to those areas all that much, but I didn't see any peeling after a whole work-day so I suppose that's a great sign. Overall, a very nice product from Aveeno that doesn't overdo it like some of their other lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by emharrison

I love Aveeno stuff because it doesn't seem to be full of all the crap that most body lotions have. I use oils sometimes, but they often don't sink in so fast and I want quick drying action. I usually use Aveeno regular lotion, or just Vaseline lotions - I like Dove oil lotion, but I find it a bit heavy sometimes. We (in the UK) finally got the Creamy Oil formula, and boy is it great. Light but super moisturising, sinks in fast, smells great (marzipan). I will cry if they ever discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a huge lotion snob, but I like this body lotion. It is the only one I have ever used more than once or twice in recent memory. In fact, I use this one regularly, but it's still not perfect. My holy grail body moisturizer was discontinued by Neutrogena, of course! (Isn't that always the way it is?)

Pros: The scent (a delicious light, sweet almond scent), the non-greasy feel, natural ingredients.

Cons: Can leave my hands feeling dry after I rub it into my arms and legs (the only places I use body lotion) which is really weird. My legs are always dry again the next day, so I doubt this is repairing my dry skin or anything like that. It must be reapplied daily for continued moisturizing effect.

Still, overall, I like it a lot for my arms and legs. I have oily skin on most of my body, but my legs and arms need a light moisturizer, and this fits the bill.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Thiyssa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cream was.... odd. It feels nice, smells really good, leaves my skin feeling smooth but only after I use a LOT of it. I like that it's not greasy, I was looking for that, but it's just not doing it for me. My hands are dry with or without it, I mean even after I put it on my whole body - hands still feel dry. It isn't a bad product, it just isn't moisturizing enough for my type of skin =[

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by beckkfo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS LOTION

I am a lotion snob! All lotions feel too greasy to me, and I end up either hating the scent or wishing there was a little scent. This is the perfect combination of everything.

I stole this from my mom when i was desperate for some lotion, but I was skeptical because of the word 'oil' on the product. I have NO idea why it says oil, because IMO it is less greasy and oily than Aveeno's normal lotion!

Perfect scent-- slightly like vanilla but VERY VERY subtle. Smells nice, but neutral, when you put it on. The scent slightly fades over time, which is nice (I hate scented lotions because they often smell nice at first but two hours later it is overpowering).

It absorbs super fast, and leaves my skin so soft and moisturized. I have bought this over and over and will never buy another lotion again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think the first time I bought this was only because it was on sale and I didn't even know it was a moisturizing oil until my second purchase. Even though I found this not moisturizing enough for super dry skin, I like that it absorbs into my skin fast. I will continue to re-purchase this just for the sweet almond mixed with baby powder scent alone. Overall I love this stuff. I almost wish the scent would last longer though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am loving this lotion! I find it affordable ($8cdn) compared to my Sympathy for the Skin from LUSH at $25cdn. I like the light honey milky scent and I love that it isn't greasy! The second ingredient (after water) is sesame oil which is a fantastic oil for the skin. Its a runny lotion that absorbs very quickly. I will totally repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is very dry and this product does not do anything. It is like applying water: after 5 minutes my skin is still dry. I would finish the product as it is not cheap, but I do not agree with the manufacturer's claim that this moisturises like an oil. For dry skin this does not moisturise at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Love the honey almondey scent. Doesn't leave you gunky or clammy.

CONS: Wish it was just a tad more moisturizing. Don't expect oil at all. This is not even as moisturizing as some lotions I've tried.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.