April 20, 2014 | 1465 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by SparkleToad

I love this fragrance. I have repurchased this and will continue to repurchase. It's my signature fragrance, I guess. My SO bought it for me as a gift and I thought "Oh Lord, I'm going to smell like an old lady!" I was so surprised at how much I liked it. It's soft and delicate, yet I feel very sophisticated when I wear this. In my opinion the scent is not overwhelming, unless you shower yourself in it, lol. My SO goes crazy when I wear this. He loves it on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and hardly used it. Whenever I did try to use it, I always ended up with a major headache. This perfume was just too cloying for me. I guess it didn't mix well with my body chemistry. Oh well. I did like the lovely glass bottle it came in though. Not purchasing this EDP again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Ambergristanbul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My second Guerlain. Long-lasting and reminiscent of perfumed bath oil. I adore this rich "chrystalline amber" as the perfume house classifies it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I wear this eau de parfum because it brings such beauty into my life. It simply makes me feel beautiful in a soft and feminine way. I adore it. Edit: Balls. My mother and grandmother both commented that just one squirt of this is very 'strong.' My grandmother (a drama queen to begin with) claims that this gave her a headache, which is odd, because nearly every perfume ever made does that to ME, but not this one, and I didn't overdo the application... Still love it, but won't be wearing it to work anymore and will save for evening use. It really is just an etherially beautiful fragrance which to me whispers "expensive, and in good taste."

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Silaira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I sprayed this I thought it just wasn't going to be my cup of tea. But then, when the top notes started to fade away, I was left with a lovely fresh, yet warm and soft floriental fragrance.
The amber was there but blended in with the magnolia and the citrus honey I disliked upon first spray.
Some here have compared it to other popular scents, but I personally haven't found anything like it so far.
I have worn L'Instant for three years now and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by UberCute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my "grown and sexy" perfume. I wear this for a night out on the town with my S.O. Now I am definitely not the one to describe top/base notes or anything like that. All I know is that what I smell is very smooth, sensual, and sexy. Not overly sweet (girlish), but definitely super femme. I have never smelled anything anywhere remotely close to this scent, and it does give off a very European vibe, which I like. I have gotten many compliments on this perfume (men and women) and will likely continue to buy for a very long time. A must try for those that think they can handle it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love wearing L'Instant during the day. Its a very subtle sweet, but creamy, fragrance. I smell the honey from application to dry down. I also get a little bit of iris and vanilla in there. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Jonayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite winter scent. Warm and little bit spicy. I have got many compliments men on it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by darkhoney

This is my latest favorite! The first time I sprayed it I thought "OMG, I can't wear this!" because of the bright citrus honey note (sweet oriental lover here) but it quickly dries down to a beautiful modern floriental that is still undeniably Guerlain. Honey notes are close to my heart, but my favorites are not appropriate for the office because they are too overtly sexual (O, Miel de Bois...). This honey note sits itself delicately in an amber heart floating in a delicate magnolia blossom. On me it is the scent of warm skin slightly abstracted: slightly more floral, glowing, and sweet.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by typeogirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a really good deal on this perfume from Amazon (they had the refill bottle for 50% off) - who cares what the bottle looks like, it was a fantastic buy.

I have smelled this one on other gals at work - I have gotten fantastic dreamy whiffs of this when someone steps on the elevator or walks by me in the cafeteria and I always chase them down and ask what it is. Its always L'Instant. So when I saw the deal on Amazon, I had to have it.

So I sprayed it on and I was like uh, oh, old lady perfume on me. Powdery.... Then 10 minutes later, sweetish.... I was getting nervous.... 10 minutes later, luscious, dreamy--I keep smelling myself and enjoying it immensely. Its definitely still very slightly powdery underneath it all. Its classy and elegant and grown up, but soft.

On the Guerlian site:
Head notes : citrus honey, bergamot, mandarin
Heart notes : magnolia inclusion, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang
Base notes : amber harmony, sandalwood

I think why I keep smelling myself is the honey, or the amber, or the ylang ylang, or the combination of the three. I smell vanilla but its not in there. Its a wonderful blend of scents - I cannot single one of them out but together I love them. I love this one.