September 1, 2014 | 965 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by wouldyoubelieve

I really like this parfum. I got 8 samples of Guerlain parfums and so far this is my fav...admittedly I have tried about 3 others. This smells like a 'real' perfume. The way a perfume is meant to be. It's not too heady. I'm not feeling 100% and this is enjoyable, not overbearing.
Yesterday I wore a tiny bit of Shalimer on 1 wrist and L'Heure Bleue on the other (I know I'm crazy but it was about 5 in the arvo and I just couldn't resist trying them BOTH) and together, my already slight headache took a turn for the worse and suddenly I was nauseous! Don't get that with this (I have learnt my lesson). (those seem to have kick arse staying power. tried to scrub them off, they didn't budge)
I really like this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 8:01:00 AM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first got this perfume as a sample when I bought a 50ml EDT of Champs Elysees from the Guerlain counter at the local department store 3 years ago. It was love at first sniff. It's just so beautiful with an ethereal quality to it & best of all, it has such a distinctive, soft, creamy honey/amber scent that will never be mistaken for other fragrances. The staying power of the EDP is superior, two spritzes are all I need to last me the whole day. The only things I don't like are the (surprisingly) understated name & bottle-- I feel they are much too simple & generic for a perfume which is anything but. Name & packaging issues aside, this is definitely one of the very few fragrances launched in the new millenium that I can see myself repurchasing till it's no longer produced (hopefully, Guerlain won't ever come to that decision, knock on wood).

The EDP notes from Guerlain:

Top: citrus honey, bergamot, mandarin
Heart: magnolia inclusion, sambac jasmine, ylang-ylang
Base: amber harmony, sandalwood

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by SparkleToad

I love this fragrance. I have repurchased this and will continue to repurchase. It's my signature fragrance, I guess. My SO bought it for me as a gift and I thought "Oh Lord, I'm going to smell like an old lady!" I was so surprised at how much I liked it. It's soft and delicate, yet I feel very sophisticated when I wear this. In my opinion the scent is not overwhelming, unless you shower yourself in it, lol. My SO goes crazy when I wear this. He loves it on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I bought this and hardly used it. Whenever I did try to use it, I always ended up with a major headache. This perfume was just too cloying for me. I guess it didn't mix well with my body chemistry. Oh well. I did like the lovely glass bottle it came in though. Not purchasing this EDP again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Ambergristanbul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My second Guerlain. Long-lasting and reminiscent of perfumed bath oil. I adore this rich "chrystalline amber" as the perfume house classifies it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I wear this eau de parfum because it brings such beauty into my life. It simply makes me feel beautiful in a soft and feminine way. I adore it. Edit: Balls. My mother and grandmother both commented that just one squirt of this is very 'strong.' My grandmother (a drama queen to begin with) claims that this gave her a headache, which is odd, because nearly every perfume ever made does that to ME, but not this one, and I didn't overdo the application... Still love it, but won't be wearing it to work anymore and will save for evening use. It really is just an etherially beautiful fragrance which to me whispers "expensive, and in good taste."

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Silaira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I sprayed this I thought it just wasn't going to be my cup of tea. But then, when the top notes started to fade away, I was left with a lovely fresh, yet warm and soft floriental fragrance.
The amber was there but blended in with the magnolia and the citrus honey I disliked upon first spray.
Some here have compared it to other popular scents, but I personally haven't found anything like it so far.
I have worn L'Instant for three years now and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 2:32:00 AM More reviews by UberCute

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my "grown and sexy" perfume. I wear this for a night out on the town with my S.O. Now I am definitely not the one to describe top/base notes or anything like that. All I know is that what I smell is very smooth, sensual, and sexy. Not overly sweet (girlish), but definitely super femme. I have never smelled anything anywhere remotely close to this scent, and it does give off a very European vibe, which I like. I have gotten many compliments on this perfume (men and women) and will likely continue to buy for a very long time. A must try for those that think they can handle it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love wearing L'Instant during the day. Its a very subtle sweet, but creamy, fragrance. I smell the honey from application to dry down. I also get a little bit of iris and vanilla in there. Yum.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Jonayla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite winter scent. Warm and little bit spicy. I have got many compliments men on it!