LUSH BIG

3.9

Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Cocamide DEA, Lauryl Betaine, Fresh Organic Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), Mandarin Oil (Citrus nobilis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Orris Absolute (Iris florentina), *Limonene, *Linalool, *Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Perfume

on 8/15/2013 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My very first Lush product recommended to me by the SA, after showing me a ton of products and how they work.

I have super oily highlighted blonde hair. I am the person who washes my hair in the morning, and in an hour my bangs are looking greasy from getting in my face too much. And the rest of my hair is looking oily after 6-8 hours every day just from a normal day! I've been trying to work on this with salon clarifying shampoos and conditioners for years. They helped tons compared to any drugstore brands which I haven't gone back to for years, but have tons of chemicals in them and that's what was causing my itchy scalp and bumps on the back of my neck and under my hair.

I tried Big and I lovvvvvve this shampoo. It completely changed my hair and my scalp. I am only using it once a week because it does similar things to my hair as swimming in the ocean consistently which is GREAT for my scalp (a lot less oily) but very drying in some ways as well, making it difficult for me to comb through it and I want to make sure I am also not damaging my super fine, thin, colored hair too much either! But once a week to clean my scalp it's amazing. And you can also use it as a scrub on your body which I haven't even tried yet! I love the texture, the packaging, how it lathers and rinses clean, the results of a clean scalp and such clean hair with lots of body! One lippie off just because I bought this thinking I could use it more often on my hair.

I would never try this unless you have such extreme oily hair and scalp like I do, because I think it would be way too drying! I would try one of their other products if your hair is not extremely oily or if you just need body.

on 8/7/2013 6:42:00 PM

Big Shampoo is the best thing that has ever happened to my hair. The coarse sea salt softens my hair while giving my scalp the bit of scrub it needs. Lemon juice for shine:)) I mix this with Cynthia Sylvia Stout everyday for glorious hair

on 7/28/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Okay, for starters: Do not use daily. Don't use if you're concerned about your color-treated hair fading.
This shampoo is super clarifying, as others said. So it's good for maybe a weekly basis thorough cleaning (focus definitely on the roots, not your ends- you'll dry them up like nothing!). Because it strips your hair, it also strips your color fairly quickly so if you dye your hair, be cautious.
But some positives: I used this before I started coloring my hair, and it was great for clarifying especially after heavy product use throughout the week. It did provide some lift at my roots, especially if I massaged it well. Overall, my hair was quite soft and lifted/voluminous after using it, as long as I rinsed very well and followed with a good conditioner, lol.

But this shampoo just seems too high maintenance for me to deal with to ever repurchase it again. ALWAYS ask for a sample or buy a sample somewhere first, because this stuff is pretty expensive despite it lasting a while.

on 7/20/2013 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Whew, what a clarifying shampoo! Using it once (though I did try this three times before I returned it) made my hair so stripped, that conditioner and oils after could not salvage it. It felt like hay.
Very stripping, clarifying, and yes, while it was good for volume at the roots... It wasn't worth it. I didn't even run it through the ends or shaft of my hair, yet the entire lock felt stripped and in worsened condition afterwards.

on 7/18/2013 9:22:00 AM

I originally bought BIG because I was curious about the salt grains in it. Nowadays I buy BIG because I like how it works. I wash my hair only twice a week and between washes I use a ton of dry shampoo and hair powders. I feel that they all build up on my scalp. And none of the other shampoos I have tried have washed that feeling away... But the salt grains in BIG seems to wash out all the build up too and both my hair and my scalp feel clean afterwards. I only use BIG every other though because it's pretty harsh and I am not sure if my hair can handle it. You definitely need lots of conditioner after using BIG!

//I have to change my review... I used couple jars of BIG and I started to feel that my hair was getting pretty dry and all that. I still like the shampoo... but I wouldn't use it as often as I did. Maybe just once a month or something. I took two lippies off.

on 7/17/2013 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The packaging is not ideal, it comes in a tub and its not fun to take out with your hands. This stuff is a disappointment because it leaves my hair dry and my scalp itchy. I'm just not a fan of this, that's all. (I do love other Lush products, though!)

on 7/17/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

leaves hair soft, shiny, strong, smells amazing and has a wonderfully unique texture. you scoop a few fingerfuls of shampoo from the pot, massage it into wet hair until most of the salt has dissolved then rinse and follow with any conditioner. I never have as great a hair day as when I've used this. My only issue is, I have very long, thick hair that weighs a tonne so this doesn't give it much volume, but I'm sure once my hair is cut, it won't have to battle so much with gravity!

on 7/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this shampoo! I have very fine, oily hair. I had tried so many shampoos but my scalp was always visibly oily within 12 hours of washing. Big actually allows me to only have to wash once a week. I wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a daily shampoo or if you have dry hair.

**Update** After using this product for a few months, it is no longer working for me. Even using it once a week, it dries my hair so badly that it ends up being greasier than ever just a few hours after showering. I'm going to use this as a leg and foot exfoliator just so I can use it up.

on 6/16/2013 10:33:00 AM

This is the best shampoo for fine/thin hair. EVER.

I have been searching my whole life for something that would give my hair volume. I have tried every combination of shampoos, root lifters, and hairsprays that you could imagine. But now I have Big.

I use Big most of the time, and always follow it with a conditioner (American Cream or Retread). My hair has never looked better.

It is a little expensive, but it is honestly worth every cent.

on 6/13/2013 8:54:00 PM

I use Big about once a week for a good scalp cleansing. It is wonderful! I only use it on my scalp and roots area, using Irresistible Bliss on the rest of my hair. I found it a bit too drying for all my hair. I get good and wet and take just a big finger full and rub rub rub. I add more water as needed. It lathers well and gets my hair really clean and full of volume on top. It isn't frizzy. I smell my hair all day, it just smells very fresh and clean and even though I don't rub it into the ends, I can smell it there, along with the other shampoo scent. Mmmmm. I follow up with Retread, which I also use only with Big. The other days I use other solid shampoos and lighter conditioners. The tub will last me a year probably. My hair looks 17 again, lol.

Popular Shampoos