December 22, 2014 | 1875 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Big about once a week for a good scalp cleansing. It is wonderful! I only use it on my scalp and roots area, using Irresistible Bliss on the rest of my hair. I found it a bit too drying for all my hair. I get good and wet and take just a big finger full and rub rub rub. I add more water as needed. It lathers well and gets my hair really clean and full of volume on top. It isn't frizzy. I smell my hair all day, it just smells very fresh and clean and even though I don't rub it into the ends, I can smell it there, along with the other shampoo scent. Mmmmm. I follow up with Retread, which I also use only with Big. The other days I use other solid shampoos and lighter conditioners. The tub will last me a year probably. My hair looks 17 again, lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It smells like beach and salt water. I can only use this about once a week to every other because it strips everything. It's kinda hard to apply first cause its not a normal shampoo but you get used to it. The salt feels very good on the scalp and leave your head squeaky clean. I've started mixing it with Cynthia Sylvia stout and it is awesome. It lathers a lot better and helps keep the salt on your scalp rather then slipping out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love it! girl at lush counter talked me into this shampoo and i am so glad that she did. It does seem expensive but you get a lot of product and you do not need a lot, it lathers easily. Added some volume to my thin hair but mostly left it feeling soft and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product. It smells divine and does provide me with the volume I'm always looking for. Just wanted to add that I read in previous reviews that if you use too much it will not add volume, and I completely agree. There have been times when I've gone a little overboard and noticed that my hair didn't have the volume that it normally does after using this product. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

First off, I hate my hair. It's pretty fine, but there's a lot of it--still, I have no volume. And I love big hair, so that's a drag.

THEN I found this product. And it's life-changing. Seriously. It gives my hair so much volume, it's crazy.

It comes in a little tub like a lot of Lush products, and it looks a little nuts when you open it. It's like a gel-ish kind of consistency with little scrubby sea salt bits in it. It also has a peculiar kind of smell. It's not bad, just different. I got used to it fast, though, and now I kind of like it.

You have to be careful not to get TOO much of this. It can weigh your hair down. Just get enough to create a good lather.

After using this, I always put in a leave-in conditioner, heat protectant and blow-dry with my head upside down. It gives some serious volume. It's expensive, though, so I save it for special occasions. I've let several friends use it, and I don't have a single one this didn't do wonders for. I love it. I can't say it enough.I will repurchase forever and ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by megansi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hi, my name is Megan, and I am a BIG addict! I have been using this product for the past 5 years and still absolutely LOVE it! I mix it up sometimes but always come back. My hair is long and can get greasy at the scalp, this product fixes that so I can actually go 3 to 4 days without washing my hair. I have used this product when my hair was colored and highlighted and still had wonderful results. I combine this product with American Cream and have seen great results! Try IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My hair is naturally silky and pretty flat. I wasn't looking for any major volume but just wanted to give it a try and the SA was so generous and gave me a ton of it as a sample. The first time I used way more than I needed to and it made my hair kind of dry. The next time I dissolved it in water and my hair was silky smooth and smelled amazing. I can get at least 10 -12 washes from a tiny sample. I never bought it cause it is kind of expensive and I don't think I will ever finish the entire tub. I get bored of shampoos very easily cause they last me so long. I dilute any and very shampoo and a 250 ml lasts be at least 5-6 months. All in all a great shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long relatively straight hair which can get greasy with the wrong products and this shampoo changed my life!

I love volume in my hair (especially with my roots) so this product really works for me in degreasifying my hair and giving me that extra oomph that I want.

It is pretty expensive for what it is but will last a pretty long time because I don't need to use much product.

I focus on my roots with this and wash every second day with big, then dry shampoo in between washes.

This is the best lush shampoo I've bought and I've a few of the shampoo bars and thought they were amazing too! I prefer big because it is easier to apply and the ocean salt in this gives my hair a fresher cleaner feel - just like after going for an ocean swim.

This is one of my fave lush products and I'm a big lush junkie :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by pegbasket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine long hair and not a lot of it either...anyway its hard to find a shampoo that does not weigh it down but still cleans it at the same time. This shampoo does that, yes it is a weird consistency and you have to dig your hand in the tub but that's a small price to pay. I get my hair wet, put the shampoo/crystals on then quickly put my head under the shower stream to dissolve the salt slightly then shampoo as normal. I only use this once a week as it is more of a clarifying shampoo with the added bonus of slightly more volume and shine, i would love to use it more often but i think it would dry my hair out. Its great for after a tough workout at the gym. This is probably my 4th tub and it usually lasts me a year. One of my hair HG's.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo worked wonders for my newly short hair.

I damaged my hair pretty badly about six months ago, and needed to get most of it cut off. I had no idea how to maintain a pixie cut, and the idea of curling or blow-drying the roots of my recovering hair worried me. So, after reading some reviews, I went into Lush and bought this shampoo.

All the other reviews about its weird texture are right. It helps to get hair really, really wet before rubbing this in, so the salt crystals dissolve and don't fall out in clumps. Still, once it's scrubbed it, it smells heavenly, and it really does give you that squeaky clean feeling. It's a fairly drying shampoo, so it's best to use with a good conditioner.

In my opinion, it's definitely worth it. My short, fine hair had a lot of visible volume and shine. It kept its shape throughout the day, without any additional styling products. And, even after a few months of use, my hair didn't dry out.

Two cons to consider: This stuff isn't cheap. With tax, it's almost $30.00. You don't have to use a lot of it, but the container isn't big either. Also, this shampoo gets less and less effective the longer your hair is. Obviously, it can't defy gravity, and as your hair gets heavier, it won't be able to lift your roots as much.

I'd definitely recommend this to short-haired or fine-haired people willing to spend a little more on shampoo. It isn't a 'must have' though, and I'm sure there are better products for most types of hair.