September 17, 2014 | 2103 users online

Fragrances - Clean - Clean

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Fascinating scent. I can imagine if you put too much on you smell like you saturated your clothes in the soapy washing machine, air dried them until still then put them straigtht back on.

6 MONTH REVIEW
I bought an 8 bottle perfume sampler from Sephora and this was one of them. After 6 months this is the only scent that I use regularly that didn't make me want to vomit. It smells like fabric softner or hotel soap like someone says which is great because I can spray it on my clothes and it won't overwhelm me. It also fades throughout the day some. I like it also because I can spray it in my bag or anywhere else I want a great clean fragrance.
Yes you could buy febreeze but I like to travel light and this I can put a dab behind my ears and on my wrists and not have to drown my clothes in it.
I'm nearing the bottle and will be repurchasing this and maybe another CLEAN fragrance or LaValina

9 MONTH REVIEW
This is my all time favorite perfume. I wnt out and bought the 3 bottle roll on sampler. There's one of them that I can;t stand th smell of but the other two I wear religiously. I love how they smell on me. You can work out and sweat and it still smells fresh. YOu can wear it all day and the smell fades and gets better with age like a fine clean wine. Love it. I;m not sure if the smell is sexy but it works with whatever you wear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whooosh, this one was like biting into a not-quite-ripe citrus lime or lemon and having my mouth react by going into a semi-permanent pucker. A real eye squinter, this one, and Pucker Power galore without even tasting it. Makes me think of a vodka gimlet. A double gimlet, no less. It's overhyped and overpriced, so methinks I'll pass it on to the Tidy Bowl man rowing away in my bathroom bowl in his little boat and hopefully he can put it to good use. In all fairness, though, our bodies do react differently to different scents at any given time. What works for some simply doesn't for others.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2008 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ooremoo

I agree with other reviewers that the initial spritz smells like cleaner... or pinesol. Ew. However if you just wait about ten minutes you get a gorgeous (surprise) clean smell. I love wearing this for days that I'm just going to school to study or to be in classes... and when I'm underdressed in jeans and a t-shirt. It has fairly good lasting power and I'm sure when people smell me they're just going to think that I barely stepped out of the shower. Hey, that's fine with me for normal daytime use. Especially for class - I hate when you can smell someone's perfume from miles away. Plus I don't mind having my boyfriend think that I just smell naturally good all the time.
I definitely would not wear this in the evening, or at the club, or on a date... It is not noticeable like that at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Wow!! This is the scent I reach for when I'm going to be stuck on public transport. It's light, long lasting - gently fading at the end of a 8 hour working day.

When I first heard of 'Clean' I expected it to be a over powering floral number: Jasmine, bergamot, neroli, rose, violet, lavender, geranium andheliotrope. But the scent is soapy - just totaly fresh with feel-good top notes of berries, orange, grapefruit and lime.

You really most try it to believe it, well worth the cost.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is pure hype. I bought it about two years ago, along with its companion, Clean Sweet Layer, and regretted the purchase from day one. It smells really soapy, overwhelmingly so. What a waste of (a lot of) money!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by junerose000

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from TSC as they had a promo for a 30ml edp bottle for $30Can. This fragrance had been so hyped in the media, but I refused to buy it in the stores due to its extravagant price. Boy, was I disappointed when I sprayed it on. A strong, artificial scent of orange hit me. Totally reminds me of my Fantastik Orange Scent toilet cleaner. Unfortunately, this product has excellent staying power. It lasted for over 6 hours before it died a well deserved death. Too bad Clean's Fresh Laundry (which I also bought and LOVE!) doesn't have the same tenacity.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 6:26:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The signature Clean scent went on fruity-sweet and 'bright'. It was fun and pleasant for about a half hour. But, into the middle notes it became strong and artificially orange smelling.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHen I first bought this back when it first came out I'd give it a 5 for not only being very original and a "starter" for the real clean perfumes to follow... but I actually loved it with one exception. Don't use much! It has just what the name says, a clean smelling, unique and fresh fragrance. I gave it a four because I'm not reaching for it much lately which tells me that I'm not in love with it anymore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 3:51:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hmmm...I've wanted this for awhile and found it for $25 on ebay recently. The first time I wore it I wore the wrong outfit (too dressy). This is more of a casual, jeans/tee-shirt scent. I see where someone might think "pledge" on first spritz. This is a "clean" scent but one that's trying too hard. It's plastic-y somehow. I don't hate it and will use up the bottle. Lasting power is ok on me (better on clothing). I kept thinking I had smelled it before and then realized it's EXACTLY the same scent as my L'Oreal face cleanser! I'm sure it will be ok as the weather warms up but this would never be a scent I would reach for repeatedly. This is just not what I smell like when I step out of the shower (who smells like lemons naturally anyway??) For a simple/clean/fresh scent I reach for RL Cool or BBW Freshwater Cucumber which both have a hint of musk and to my humble nose smell like clean human skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

This is an HG perfume of mine. The scent is not overly noticeable (no one asks me what perfume I'm wearing) but it is beautiful, light, airy, citrusy, and the drydown is absolutely gorgeous smelling. In one word, it smells...clean. So go figure. I would recommend this to anyone that doesn't mind the strong citrus smell that you get initially (I do NOT smell furniture polish, but that's just IME.) It's just overall very pleasant and works fantastically with my body chemistry. It's a little pricey, but I find it worth it since a bottle lasts FOREVER.