October 21, 2014 | 1204 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Great cleanser! I've been using this for years and years. Very gentle yet it also cleanses very thoroughly. This product dispenses out as a light cream and turns to foam when you add water. It is my favorite cleanser to use for removing makeup, takes everything right off. This is a little on the pricey side, but it's a superior product to any of the drugstore foaming cleansers I've tried. Perfect for my oily-combo skin, this is a staple item for me and I always have a tube of this in my house.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by poching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I only tried this as I received it in a gift set. I really like the way it foams. I can understand why people don't like the way it leaves the face very dry after using it but because I have oily skin, I don't mind. I don't think it stopped breakouts but overall it was a nice cleanser to use in between buying a new one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Buesche2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

It foams up nicely, and you only need to use a very small amount (pea sized, for me) to get a nice lather. The problem is that it dries my skin out after a few uses. It might work better for me in the summer when my skin isn't so dry, but in the winter it makes my skin tight and flaky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I've been using this for about two days, and just HAD to review it! It is awesome. If foams up so well. It doesn't suds like normal cleanser, it actually become a very thick, white foam. It removes all of my makeup from the day and leaves my skin feeling clean without over drying or leaving a residue. I have noticed that with other cleansers after I wash my face, my toner (Target brand witch hazel) always finds leftover makeup that my cleanser didn't remove. After using this, there is NOTHING left behind! I'm shocked! It doesn't irritate my skin at all either which is a huge plus. My husband got me two bottles of this out of a Christmas gift basket at work about a year ago for me and I never really used it until now. We'll see how this holds up, but hopefully it'll stay just as amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by stephanielin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I've been using this cleanser for over five years and it is by far my favorite of all time! It has a rich creamy foam all over my face from literally just a tiny amount (about the size of a fingernail)! I use this every night to take off my makeup and follow with the clinique 3 step (for skin type 3). I never feel tight after using it and never have a film on my skin...maybe other reviewers are using too much? A bottle seriously lasts me over five months so the cost isn't really that bad either!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Didnt really foam for me, and always left a waxy residue. I never felt like my skin was really clean. I do wear a decent amount of makeup, but even when I was wearing less (before I started removing the makeup prior to cleansing) I noticed it never really got it all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by kptgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is something I truly miss when I run out and I have to use something else. Nothing cleans my face better, especially with the 3-step system afterward. I don't even have to use eye makeup remover...this cleans my whole face, the first time (even great with waterproof eye makeup!). The less I have to tug and pull at the skin around my eyes, the better!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to use this cleanser religously when I worked for Clinique but to be honest I havent rebought it since I left the company and have since found better. The one thing that is unabeatable about this product was the foam it produced! You get such a rich thick foam from such a tiny amount of product and it really does feel quite luxurious when washing my face. The other good thing about this product is that it really did get off all my stubborn hard to budge makeup like waterproof mascara and long-last lipstick. The downside that has made me stray is the fact that it did tend to dry my skin out a little bit. I know for some people who are super oily thats fine as alot of people love the 'squeaky clean and tight' feeling but its not for me and I've since found cheaper drugstore cleansers that get the job done.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I use this with my Clarisonic Mia and love it. I can't say whether it's drying- I tone and moisturize right after using it, so don't experience any dryness. Itís lightly scented like rosemary instead of a floral or other perfumey scent, which I really like. You don't need to use very much either, which is also a plus. All in all a great all-purpose cleanser and I've repurchased several times.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by mylittlehotpants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cleanser. Have been using it for more almost 10yrs now and have not strayed from it. Cleans my face thoroughly! I have quite heavy make up on, so after removing it with a makeup remover, i wash my face with Clinique RinseOff Cleanser (twice) - to make sure my face is really clean.
The con is probably it leaves my skin too drying...but applying toner and moisturizer after washing, it felt much better.
Nothing cleans my skin as good as this.