Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish

4.1

Water, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-3 Cocamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Ternafolia Oil, Triethanolamine, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Polyquaternium-39, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylparaben, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernal Flour, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Propylene Gylcol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Salvia Officianlis (Sage) Leaf, Rose Canina Fruit Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 4 (CI 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140). 6/1/09

on 1/12/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I received a sample size of this product from Sephora using my 500 point level. It was in a kit with a foundation primer, tinted moisturizer, eyelid primer? and mascara (all sample sizes). I have very sensitive face skin. As soon I saw this product I tried it on the back of my hand first. It is definitely quite grainy and would be too harsh on my skin type. I found a new use for it. I decided it would work better as a hand exfoliator.

on 8/6/2011 3:36:00 PM

If you don't like or are sensitive to abrasive scrubs, avoid this one. It is packed with harsh scrubbies in a cleansing cream base. Has a light scent. I am used to weekly peels and at-home microdermabrasion treatments. I found this polish to work just as well as the microdermabrasion creams I have purchased in the past. My skin was very smooth and my pores looked better after use.This actually seems a little harsher than aluminum oxide based microderm because the scrubbing granules are so coarse. It actually feels scratchy on my skin. As a daily scrubber, I think this would be way too harsh to use. Using it weekly would probably be a better idea.

on 8/4/2011 8:18:00 PM

OUCH. If you want to tear up your skin save your money and buy St. Ives Apricot scrub, which this very closely resembles. I'll stick with Exfolikate...

on 6/9/2011 12:52:00 AM

Had a sample of this big enough to use it 3 times. I had a few flakes on my nose and this took care of them, made my face nice and soft, but I got a few tiny bumps too. I am not sure if are from this scrub or not. I may buy it when I run out of my current scrub and update.

on 5/14/2011 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a very nice exfoliating scrub. We all know many nice scrubs, but not worth the price IMO. $8.82 per ounce is a bit steep.

Pros:
Cleanses AND exfoliates (does make the price seem better)
Creamy composition
Smell awesome (creamcicle, light citrus-y, yummy)
Softens skin
Intense exfoliation (if you need it, great for winter blah's)
Brightens harsh winter skin
No greasy feeling afterward

Cons:
NOT gentle (sensitive skin be careful, start slowly)
Price

If I had severely dry and or damaged skin, I would love this scrub. I have normal/combo skin that needs gentle exfoliation. I feel the need to warn anyone with sensitive skin. I would start slow, maybe even every third day in the beginning. I also should state that I do use a hydroxy acid or retinol product on a nightly basis, so I don't really need deep exfoliation. If the price was easier to swallow, I might buy this again, but, it isn't. :( A homemade sugar and honey scrub would be just as good and cost effective as well. Even if you bought organic honey and raw sugar you could make 10x as much for the same price.

on 5/5/2011 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I've never felt so enthusiastic about a facial exfoliator in my life. I've tried many but this one blows the pants off of all of them. I got a sample from sephora thinking it was just gonna be like any other scrub but I was very wrong. It smells really nice too. I also like that its called a polish instead of a scrub, I find that polishes do a better job at exfoliating.

TEXTURE:
They're not kidding when they say face polish, if you are sensitive to scrubs & hate any abrasive-ness, this isn't for you. Its pretty abrasive but not in a bad way, in the way that you know its really scrubbing away any flaky, dull skin that you don't want, that its working. I personally like the feeling.

RESULTS:
Wow, my skin felt & looked so amazing afterwards. It had this glow to it that I can't explain. My skin just looked so fresh, moisturized, & healthy. I actually quite liked my skin for once. It felt baby soft & smooth & made a perfect canvas for when I put on my makeup. My foundation looked awesome that day (flawless & radient). My skin seems to love it too because its clearing up, my pores look smaller, & my blackheads aren't as noticeable.

Im definitely buying the full size, I never felt so confident about my skin in my life. My skin wasnt dull, dry, tight, flaky, or irretated afterwards, just beautiful. I usually don't spend alot of money on skincare but this is an exception, worth every penny of the $30. Holy grail scrub.

on 4/23/2011 2:45:00 AM

THIS IS MY HG !! I've tried many different scrubs before and this is the BEST by far! It's not too rough on your skin which I like because I have sensitive skin. It makes your face unbelievably smooth after; it looks like you just got a facial and leaves your face glowing. I love love lovee this product! I definitely recommend this if you're looking for a face scrub!

on 4/12/2011 10:26:00 AM

I was at the Sephora store and got a sample of this product.

I used it once and threw away the rest.

This is WAY too rough for me.

I felt like someone had rubbed sandpaper over my skin.

on 3/23/2011 9:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!
It's gentle enough to use everyday, but rough enough to exfoliate. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and smooth. Definitely worth the price!

on 3/18/2011 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Best exfoliater I've used, but it is a bit expensive. Gentle but still does the job. I also notice that my skin looks more radiant after I use it. I would definitely recommend it.