April 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Cream Eyeliner in Smashing Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lah1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with some of the other reviews that this could be darker, but since I always put powder over my liner, I can't really complain too much about it. It glides on so easily without the horrible tugging that some eyeliners force you to do. I apply this liner first and let it set for 30-60 seconds before applying my black powder over this liner with a very thin liner brush. the smashbox caviar cream liner really seems to make the powder stay on longer and the color seems darker. After it sets for another minute, it stays on all day, no smudges.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by gimmeglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's hard reviewing this product, because I hate to say anything bad about it. I used it for over a year, and it was the only eyeliner I'd ever buy. It really worked well, especially with the arched liner brush by Smashbox. Recently I switched to Bobbi Brown's gel liner, just because I wanted something more dramatic and darker. Smashbox's cream liner is a great product, that I will always stand by, it just didn't end up being dark enough for me. I still have it, and use it on my down days, but as far as buying it again, I think I've kind of fallen in love with the Bobbi Brown liner. The color is more of a duller black, and it doesn't give you that strong line that lasts all day, unfortunately.. but, if you're used to the drugstore brands, you'll love this. Also, very easy to apply, much easier than Bobbi Brown's..

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2007 6:31:00 PM More reviews by ohBetty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a very rich black and applies evenly and smoothly. Unfortunately, it has poor lasting power. It's fine if you only need it for 2-3 hours, but it's not good for all-day wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ourcitystreet

i have mixed feels about this eyeliner. i have the cream eyeliner in some other colors & they do seem to be more versatile. BUT i do like this eyeliner. i think in general it is not the best choice if you want a dramatic or intensely lined eye. the pigment isn't rich enough, & tends to look muddy. on the other hand i really do LOVE it when i smudge it into my lashline. (nearly impossible to do with liquid liner & using shadow can cause flecks to fall to your cheeks + smuding) it really makes my lashline look much thicker making my eyes look bigger & giving me an overal more dramatic eye. so.. it gets 3 lippies. great for some things - awful for others.

ps; i got a duo with caviar & thunder. thunder is a dark gray & i love it. it's dark enough to have a great impact on your eye but much more forgiving when applying than black.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kategrado

I am surprised at some of the negative reviews for this product. I bought this with the angled brush and love it. It is very easy to make a nice line on the eyelid. The color is a rich black and stays all day. I have gotten several compliments. I will never use pencil again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 2:00:00 AM More reviews by mjs06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great black eyeliner. Works very well when you want a smoky effect. Love the SB cream eyeliner formula except it has a tendency to smudge at times when you forego a primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by stellartois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is honestly the worst eyeliner I have ever used. I bought it as a substitute for my beloved Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner and I am SO disappointed! It literally smears ands and smudges off my lids within minutes of applying it! I even tried layering UD's Primer Potion and MAC Blot over my lids before using it and it STILL wore off in less than an hour. BOO! Save your money and buy the Stila Smudge Pot for $16.00 instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

i rarely wear eyeliner but one of my friend swears by this product and she got me to try after a while. first of all, i did not buy the smashbox brush that they recommend to use with this product. i bought an angled brow brush from urban decay because the people at sephora told that angled brushes make it easier to apply. so far, i have used it to create cat eyes and smokey eyes and have gotten tons of compliments on both looks. the cream liner goes on smooth and lasts all days without flaking off. i like the pot instead of having it in a pencil. maybe its just me but i think the pot and the use of an angled brush make it much easier to apply than standard liner. i love this liner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by lizbathory88

Okay, so I usually wear brown eyeliner(always stick, never liquid). I then tried Smashbox Cream Eyeliner in Caviar. I really like it, I use my own(mary-kay) brush to apply it. I like the 1950's style of just a smooth line across the top eyelash. The only problem I have is that you have to reapply it throughout the day. It stays on for a good 4 hours and then fades. Price is expensive for eyeliner, but the little pot lasts you a long time...I just bought my second one after a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by mokomoko8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. With all the different eyeliners I've tried, this is the only one that stays and works for me. To keep it lasting longer, don't touch your eyes after applying the creme for about 30 seconds. It's really great for making smokey eyes as well.