December 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Louzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product on and off for the past 2 years. I love it and come back to it when I need to keep my acne under control. I would first like to express that this could not possibly serve as a cure for acne, as there is no "real" cure as of yet, only preventative measures and products that will keep it under control. I suffer from under-the-skin acne and temperamental skin (some days I'm oily like fried chicken, some day I'm as dry as the Sahara). This cleanser is gentle and does not leave a funky residue on my skin or dry it out completely. It has a slippery texture and produces minimal suds. I use this in conjunction with an oil-free moisturizer and Retin-A cream.This product is readily available and pretty cheap. I get mine from Wal-mart for about $5-6. I recommend to most acne sufferers, but don't expect a miracle.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by crazzybeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I dont really like this that much. It is alright and i will use it till it is done and im all out but i wouldnt buy this again because i dont notice a diference in my skin. I like burts bees cream cleanser better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great cleanser, I used to wash my face almost every night with this and in the morning my face felt so soft and hydrated

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sylvanna

Very nice face cleanser- I'm on my second tube. I got it when the normal oil-free acne wash was out of stock, and I like this one just as much. It has a creamier feel and does not seem to be as drying as the normal face wash.However, I think I go through this cleanser faster because it's in a tube and I squeeze out too much. Still, I really like this. It helps keep my face as clear as possible without being irritating and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sophia101

Firstly...wish it was cheaper and wish it came in a pump.

Now, I have used this cleanser for about 5 years(ages 13/14 to 18) and only stopped because I wanted to experiment with different cleansers...I really did like the clean and clear advantage acne cleanser but after a while I got this huge zit from using a harsh scrub so I freaked out and went back to neutrogena...I never had cystic acne or anything so severe...but I had the occassional pimple or so...I esp had a few around my time of the month...but like it said on the tube..it breaks the break-out cycle!

Right now im experimenting with neutrogena's rapid clear cleanser and I'm liking how it lathers but i think it strips my skin but I also notice when i dont use make-up remover(which i make sure to do now) it doesnt take my make-up off..however, the oil-free acne one takes off my make-up and really cleans my face and it feels and defn looks clean..! and not dry and tight...I forgot to mention it can double up as a make-up remover(cant rememeber if it says it on the tube) altho you shud still use a make-up remover to remove your eye make-up at least...but this is a greattt cleanser..i hav no idea how i came to start using it...but its great and I will defn re-purchase when my current cleanser runs out....if its too drying i wud suggest alterning it with a gentle cleanser...like their extra gentle cleanser which i use in the morning...so seriously try this..holy grail for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i had pretty bad acne when i was younger and this was the only cleanser that i had tried that was able to control it (compared to other neutrogena oil-free cleansers, proactiv, clean and clear, etc). it won't remove makeup entirely, so you'll need to use an eye makeup remover before cleansing. now that i'm in my mid-20s, my skin has cleared up significantly and i found that now that i don't have regular acne, this cleanser isn't the best, but it was the only cleanser that saved my face during middle school/high school.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a good cleanser. It doesn't completely remove my makeup. The Neutrogena cleansing bar for acne does a better job at that. However, this is a good cleanser that does not irritate my sensitive skin. I like the fact that it contains salicylic acid. I think Neutrogena products are usually excellent quality and are reasonably priced.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by shinewin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had try the oil free acne foam wash but it didn't work for me. So i try this cream wash and it doesn't work for me neither. I dont know but Clear and clean and Neutrogena's face products dont work too well with my skin.
It's probably an ingredients in it that it's reacting ot my skin. I have very sensitive skins but Biore doesn't irritates my skin at all. I would probably buy this again only if i can't get Biore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by bisco

Deep clean, blows this wash out of the shower. This cleanser is not creamy, it's a thick, repulsive smelling, liquid. I bought this months & months ago, and they should package it in a pump and consider unique looks for each product (I find that Neutrogena's packaging is all very similar).

As for the benefits, at first it brought down one or two. But after a few washes, I found the cleanser lacked. I either found it to be too strong or irritating, or I found it to be too weak when I did have a minor flare up. Mind you, I know products aren't miracle workers. But wow, this was more of a dud 99% of the time. And out of those two statements, most the time it was just down right irritating. Because the product isn't creamy (Mary Kay creamy, deep clean creamy) it had a bad habit of pouring out or vanishing in my shower. It has a flip cap, so the obvious use is to use the cap as the base. That, caused a lot of trouble for me. Instead I found myself sticking the tube upside down between my wash cloth rack.

I can't say this was amazing, great, or good for me personally. It was just a flop. I've started using animal friendly/all natural skin care, and my skin has never been better.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the supermarket and it came with the acne scrub free. After four days my my skin was red and blotchy and I found that when I used my normal moisturiser it burned badly. I stopped using the product but over the next few days my skin started to peel and it was clear that this product had chemically burned me, especially on my cheeks and around my mouth. I could only use a very highly moisturising lanolin cream. I am not generally particularly sensitive but would not recommend this to any one who is. I still gave this product 2 stars because it is very cheap, and also I never let anything go to waste and have found it is an ok body wash, hopefully can clear some acne on my chest and back! Ill update to say how that goes. At this stage I dont think id buy it again.