Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser

3.3

OLD FORMULA: Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Di C12 15 Alkyl Fumarate, Coco Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Matricaria Flower Extract (chamomilla recutita), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potato Starch (solanum tuberosum), Propylene Glycol, Fragrance 5/29/09 NEW FORMULA: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Steareth-21, Polysorbate 60, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Benzalkonium Chloride, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Cetyl, Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance. 04/08/2011

on 7/14/2010 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't purchase the oil-free acne was cream cleanser but I was on vacation and used it because my facial cleanser got lost. So I ended up borrowing this cleanser from a family member. I didn't even use it on my whole face because knowing my skin it wouldn't be pretty.

I had some hormonal acne on my chin and a zit on my cheek. I put this cleanser on those areas and within seconds it started burning so bad. When I got out of the shower I noticed that my skin in those areas was very dry and a little raw. I will never use this cleanser again it dried my skin out for the entire week and made it flaky after I had just got it under control.

Those with sensitive-dry skin like mine should stay away from this product at all costs.

on 7/12/2010 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product did nothing for my skin (or at least, what it was supposed to do).

I've had little bumps and I've been HOPING this product would fix it. Well after two weeks of using it, I now get cystic acne, which I never had before. If I don't use it, I get more cystic acne and it gets worse. So either way I'm screwed. I bought a new cleanser today hoping that will calm all the chaos this product has done to my face (lol). Also the packaging can be rather sloppy if used incorrectly. With this bottle, I just tilted it sideways and squeezed the product out onto my fingers. Otherwise it'll just spill out. I will say it did give me some oil control on my nose, yet once again another negative... ended up drying the rest of my face. For these kinds of results, this product was not a cheap one... rather waste 3 bucks on nasty results instead of 8. I will not be repurchasing for the obvious reasons.

on 6/17/2010 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've used this product on and off for the past 2 years. I love it and come back to it when I need to keep my acne under control. I would first like to express that this could not possibly serve as a cure for acne, as there is no "real" cure as of yet, only preventative measures and products that will keep it under control. I suffer from under-the-skin acne and temperamental skin (some days I'm oily like fried chicken, some day I'm as dry as the Sahara). This cleanser is gentle and does not leave a funky residue on my skin or dry it out completely. It has a slippery texture and produces minimal suds. I use this in conjunction with an oil-free moisturizer and Retin-A cream.This product is readily available and pretty cheap. I get mine from Wal-mart for about $5-6. I recommend to most acne sufferers, but don't expect a miracle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I dont really like this that much. It is alright and i will use it till it is done and im all out but i wouldnt buy this again because i dont notice a diference in my skin. I like burts bees cream cleanser better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a great cleanser, I used to wash my face almost every night with this and in the morning my face felt so soft and hydrated

on 5/24/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice face cleanser- I'm on my second tube. I got it when the normal oil-free acne wash was out of stock, and I like this one just as much. It has a creamier feel and does not seem to be as drying as the normal face wash.However, I think I go through this cleanser faster because it's in a tube and I squeeze out too much. Still, I really like this. It helps keep my face as clear as possible without being irritating and I'd definitely repurchase.

on 2/27/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Firstly...wish it was cheaper and wish it came in a pump.

Now, I have used this cleanser for about 5 years(ages 13/14 to 18) and only stopped because I wanted to experiment with different cleansers...I really did like the clean and clear advantage acne cleanser but after a while I got this huge zit from using a harsh scrub so I freaked out and went back to neutrogena...I never had cystic acne or anything so severe...but I had the occassional pimple or so...I esp had a few around my time of the month...but like it said on the tube..it breaks the break-out cycle!

Right now im experimenting with neutrogena's rapid clear cleanser and I'm liking how it lathers but i think it strips my skin but I also notice when i dont use make-up remover(which i make sure to do now) it doesnt take my make-up off..however, the oil-free acne one takes off my make-up and really cleans my face and it feels and defn looks clean..! and not dry and tight...I forgot to mention it can double up as a make-up remover(cant rememeber if it says it on the tube) altho you shud still use a make-up remover to remove your eye make-up at least...but this is a greattt cleanser..i hav no idea how i came to start using it...but its great and I will defn re-purchase when my current cleanser runs out....if its too drying i wud suggest alterning it with a gentle cleanser...like their extra gentle cleanser which i use in the morning...so seriously try this..holy grail for me!

on 2/23/2010 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i had pretty bad acne when i was younger and this was the only cleanser that i had tried that was able to control it (compared to other neutrogena oil-free cleansers, proactiv, clean and clear, etc). it won't remove makeup entirely, so you'll need to use an eye makeup remover before cleansing. now that i'm in my mid-20s, my skin has cleared up significantly and i found that now that i don't have regular acne, this cleanser isn't the best, but it was the only cleanser that saved my face during middle school/high school.

on 1/31/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a good cleanser. It doesn't completely remove my makeup. The Neutrogena cleansing bar for acne does a better job at that. However, this is a good cleanser that does not irritate my sensitive skin. I like the fact that it contains salicylic acid. I think Neutrogena products are usually excellent quality and are reasonably priced.

on 1/28/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had try the oil free acne foam wash but it didn't work for me. So i try this cream wash and it doesn't work for me neither. I dont know but Clear and clean and Neutrogena's face products dont work too well with my skin.
It's probably an ingredients in it that it's reacting ot my skin. I have very sensitive skins but Biore doesn't irritates my skin at all. I would probably buy this again only if i can't get Biore.