October 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Imari

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Jadalina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the Imari shower gel, lotion, and powder after getting a catalog with one of those scratchNsniff spots for it. In the catalog it smelled wonderful, rich and sensuous.

In person it's a whole nother story.

As a child I remember being parked next to any number of heavy set, huge bosomed, heavily perfumed women during church while my mom played the organ and my dad preached. Once on my skin, Imari immediately transported me back to those days of falling asleep in church, my head in the aforementioned lady's ample lap, the overpowering scent of her perfume filling my head. Suddenly I was the old church lady! I smelled just like her! Gah! Heavy and cloying, with an odd undernote that is vaguely chemical.. like bathroom cleaner.

HOWEVER, after about a half hour the ugly wore off and I was left with a lovely scent that was rich, spicy and sensuous, just like the catalog scent had been.

I do like Imari now, though that first half hour is best spent at home letting it breathe down a notch. I doubt I will be buying it again even if they put it on sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh. Gives me a headache and I don't care for the smell at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2007 2:14:00 AM More reviews by marigold00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember when my mom would this fragrance in the mid 80's,he wore this on a regular basis.I myself absolutely adore this fragrance,but it is all a matter of personal preference.I find that my body chemistry works perfectly with a majority of spicy/oriental fragrance types

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by teddybear813

I forgot how much I liked this fragrace until the other night I put some on and it smelled so good. Its soft and I can kind of pick up a powdery scent to it which I love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2006 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Mechelle38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is really funny over time on what you like and don't like. Years ago I thought Imari was stinky. I sprayed some of my mom's on, and realized (I love this scent) from Avon. It also works real well with my body chemistry. I just ordered the set from avons book. This has turned out to be a favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2006 10:12:00 AM More reviews by RoseInfo

I totally agree with DewDrop here. Before even reading her review, I thought that Imari was an Opium-esque perfume. In fact, I thought that it was probably created during a time when Opium was popular, too. Imari smells like a warm ambery, spicy incense with a hint of woods and aldehyde. It's actually not bad, and I would say that it is one of the better Avon blends. I would definitely repurchase for old time's sake.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by dewdraup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the reviews about this being old lady scent - and I can certainly understand that but this perfume ROCKS for me. I just recently got another bottle, and it reminds me of Opium, maybe even an Opium lite kinda scent. Makes me remember coming to work back in the 80's when we were all wearing Opium, Poison, and Obsession ... how the heck did our noses ever survive?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I just don't like this. I find it quite harsh. Between me and my sister we've bought my mom 6 difference fragrances in the past year alone just so she would give up on this, (goodness does she love it!). So finally a few days ago, one took! And the winning award goes to Dior Addict (blessed be), her new HG! And she even got a compliment on it from some young guy who told her she smells awesome... just like his g-friend... I can only picture my mom blushing after hearing that one LOL, but thank goodness Imari is finally OUT!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2006 9:11:00 PM More reviews by coldan0547

definetly an old lady scent! Review can be summed up all in all by : OLD LADY SMELL. do not listen to other reviews, simply stated this is an old lady smell, the official and original old lady smell. You know that kinda of weird stale, dusty, smell mixed with potpourri and soap, that you encounter everytime you step into a grandmother's house. TRusT ME DO NOT BUY!!!. Cheap smelling and generic. You will turn into a steriotypical smelling person. If you like this smell, time to turn a new leaf!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 4:55:00 AM More reviews by dollycakesx

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smell is amazing. :] EEK.