Avon Imari

3.1

on 8/22/2007 5:36:00 PM

This is *meh* for me most days, OK at best. I am beginning to develop a strong dislike for most Avon scents and that powdery thing they have going on. Good thing I got mine on sale, and then only a small bottle! I am quite certain now that I will never purchase Imari ever again, in any form or at any price. I wouldn't even take it for free - the space on my fragrance shelves is getting rather limited to tie it up with something that I don't really dig. Onward and Upward!

I cant stand this perfume. The smell gives me a headache and makes me nausues. It smells kind of like an old lady perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like it. Perfume is a very personal thing

on 5/6/2007 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased the Imari shower gel, lotion, and powder after getting a catalog with one of those scratchNsniff spots for it. In the catalog it smelled wonderful, rich and sensuous.

In person it's a whole nother story.

As a child I remember being parked next to any number of heavy set, huge bosomed, heavily perfumed women during church while my mom played the organ and my dad preached. Once on my skin, Imari immediately transported me back to those days of falling asleep in church, my head in the aforementioned lady's ample lap, the overpowering scent of her perfume filling my head. Suddenly I was the old church lady! I smelled just like her! Gah! Heavy and cloying, with an odd undernote that is vaguely chemical.. like bathroom cleaner.

HOWEVER, after about a half hour the ugly wore off and I was left with a lovely scent that was rich, spicy and sensuous, just like the catalog scent had been.

I do like Imari now, though that first half hour is best spent at home letting it breathe down a notch. I doubt I will be buying it again even if they put it on sale.

on 4/8/2007 9:17:00 AM

Ugh. Gives me a headache and I don't care for the smell at all.

on 1/12/2007 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I remember when my mom would this fragrance in the mid 80's,he wore this on a regular basis.I myself absolutely adore this fragrance,but it is all a matter of personal preference.I find that my body chemistry works perfectly with a majority of spicy/oriental fragrance types

on 11/26/2006 2:00:00 PM

I forgot how much I liked this fragrace until the other night I put some on and it smelled so good. Its soft and I can kind of pick up a powdery scent to it which I love.

on 11/11/2006 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It is really funny over time on what you like and don't like. Years ago I thought Imari was stinky. I sprayed some of my mom's on, and realized (I love this scent) from Avon. It also works real well with my body chemistry. I just ordered the set from avons book. This has turned out to be a favorite.

on 11/3/2006 10:12:00 AM

I totally agree with DewDrop here. Before even reading her review, I thought that Imari was an Opium-esque perfume. In fact, I thought that it was probably created during a time when Opium was popular, too. Imari smells like a warm ambery, spicy incense with a hint of woods and aldehyde. It's actually not bad, and I would say that it is one of the better Avon blends. I would definitely repurchase for old time's sake.

on 9/28/2006 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love the reviews about this being old lady scent - and I can certainly understand that but this perfume ROCKS for me. I just recently got another bottle, and it reminds me of Opium, maybe even an Opium lite kinda scent. Makes me remember coming to work back in the 80's when we were all wearing Opium, Poison, and Obsession ... how the heck did our noses ever survive?