November 28, 2014 | 1911 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Nepal

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:51:00 PM More reviews by caro915

Wonderful neutral shade. It is not ordinary at all, and this particular tone is very difficult to find in a shadow. It looks great day or night, combined with other shadows but can definitely hold its own. Most neutrals usually end up being too bronze or too pink for me, and this struck just the right chord. Staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great neutral color - pinkish with some beige/nude tones in it. Very blendable, great lasting power and consistency (very smooth and velvety). Really brightens up the eye area to wear alone, wear as a base coat, or blend with endless other e/s colors. This is a staple e/s for me, that (along w/ BE Well-Rested) I have to have at all times.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

A fabulous everyday color, sheer and subtle. The shimmer imparts a glow to the eye area rather than sparkle. A pretty pinky beige e/s, warmed up with a bit of peach. Silky texture, long wearing. This makes a lovely medium nude wash if I use Laura Mercier's Eye Basics in Wheat underneath. For reference, I'm a cool-toned LLL with blue eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccajw

When I bought Nepal, I was looking for an all-purpose medium pink shade. Based on all the reviews here, I thought that Nepal fit the bill. I must be insanely pale, because on me Nepal shows up as more of a light brown than a pink. It's not a bad color, just not what I was looking for. I had hoped that I could use this as a base color, but it's too dark for that. It's a nice color, and I'll keep it, but for me, it definitely wasn't the lovely pink described by so many.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally! I am not really a neutral girl, but I have been looking for a neutral shadow that is akin to the base shade of UD's midnight cowboy but without the glitter. This is closer than I have come before, and is more than I thought that it would be. I love it! Since I bought it I have been wearing it nearly every day, and find that everything I pair it with (from acid green to turquoise to maroon to pinks and purples... anything) looks just gorgy. The quality is A+--I was starting to think that NARS shadows are truly overrated (after trying and taking back a couple each of powder and cream shadows) but THIS. Gives me hope again. I will buy again if I ever run out, it's just a beautiful neutral with oomph and opens my eyes without drawing attention to itself.
In response to some other reviewer complaints, I find this highly pigmented and takes just a little to really show up on my eyes (I'm a ppp). Maybe not so good for a medium tone. At any rate, I LOVE it. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 1:55:00 PM More reviews by theporpoise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

BO-ring. Just such a blah color, and of course barely pigmented. You have you pile it on or use it wet to get any real color payoff. For reference I am NC20. Buy Stila instead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Jaxappella

This is a fabulous taupey pink color that is perfect on my pale skin as a wash or paired with Ondine, Ashes to Ashes or Barbuda. It has a slight sheen to it that really perks up my eyes!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Bernadette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is okay, nothing special. Muted pale pink. I have to give it a few extra sweeps for it to show up, but it's a pretty color. I wouldn't wear it if I was trying to impress anybody, but it's a good, basic color for work or if you're going for the natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2005 11:09:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is very pretty in the pan, but on my lids it's so sheer it barely even shows up. As with my other NARS eyeshadows (rapture palette), I was a little disappointed with the lack of pigment. This is probably a great shadow for someone with either darker or much lighter skin than mine or someone that likes sheer shadows. I'm a GGG, Armani lsf 7-8 and mac nc40-42.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by syrinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful shimmery rose in the pan, this is not your typical pink eyeshadow! This is a warm color that looks great on my pale blue eyes; I often wear it in the crease with Edie or AAE. Never frosty or glittery, just the perfect amount of shimmer. I was very surprised how much I like this.