January 31, 2015 | 2077 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - blackhead eraser scrub

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATE:
This is important: C&C has changed this scrub (nooooooooo!!!) to "Blackhead Eraser", which has different ingredients! Be careful about which one you have and post your review the right place.
END OF UPDATE
First off: the name is misleading: this is a gentle scrub and should rather be called that. I believe this will do nothing for people actually suffering from blackheads - this is best for people with DRY/NORMAL SENSITIVE skin.
Also, to people that says this dries them out: you ALWAYS need to moisturise right after exfoliating!
Completely agree with the last reviewer:
I have dry sensitive skin, and it's really difficult for me to use any kind of scrub, because it will irritate my skin, hurting it (micro-cuts) and leaving me with pigmentation. Yes: don't over-exfoliate! Dark pigmentation can occur because of that! I'm pro exfoliation, but very against over-exfoliation - it's easy to ruin your skin if you're scrubbing it too hard.
I have loved this scrub for over 5 years: it has big, round beads, that are enough to take dead skin off, making my face baby-soft, without dry patches. If I just want skincare products to work better, I just lightly massage my face with this. Believe it or not, I really like the smell of this :)
I have tried A LOT of exfoliating products (probably 15+), and this is the only physical peel that works for me - dry, sensitive skin is hard to satisfy. I would however suggest those who needs something against oily skin to try something different - I don't think it will help with the oiliness. Those who suffer blackheads will probably not notice much difference.
To sum up: I have dry, sensitive skin. I have few blackheads, so I don't need anything strong. What I use this product for is exfoliating off occasional dry skin, and also to make skincare products work better - it's hard for them to work optimal if they have to get through a layer of dead skin. I also use this because I need to exfoliate my skin because I have some scarring left after skin problems. This product is so gentle that I can use it every day of needed (but gently!), but most often, I use it every other day.
If your skin is inflamed, you can try to leave this on for some time, and it will reduce redness :) The old formulation was better for this, but the new one works too; after I have used this scrub, my face is often less red. I think the anti-redness ad anti-irritating effect may partly be because of the panthenol, which wikipedia says: "It improves hydration, reduces itching and inflammation of the skin and accelerates and improves healing of epidermal wounds" (I already knew that,but they formulated the sentence so nicely!)
Tip: is you want the scrub to be more gentle, use less. I also use this as an exfoliating mask, as it has lactic acid in it. It doesn''t give that much effect, but my skin still looks better afterwards :]
I hope they never discontinue this! However, I would suggest renaming.
UPDATE: I forgot to say how I use this: I put it on a WET face, after washing with face wash, and put on (of course) a moisturizer after. I think it's always better to put scrubs on a wet face - else it's easy to be too harsh on the skin; the same goes with even this scrub: it's pretty harsh if you put it on dry skin. If I don't press and use just a little, I can easily exfoliate every day, but mostly, I just listen to my skin, and if it feels a little bit sensitive, I skip exfoliating.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by hip2Bsquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am surprised about the relatively low rating for this scrub. I have very sensitive skin, and this is doing a nice job to keep my skin acne-free. I had previously used the St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control, and it did absolutely nothing for me. I much prefer the scrubbing balls in this to the uneven apricot shards in that, which I could tell were tearing up my skin. I have been using Clean & Clear for at least a month now, and I haven't gotten any new acne since, as opposed to the St. Ives. I'm sure it isn't a miracle product, but it is a gentle exfoliating scrub that makes my skin feel smooth and happy after use.

UPDATE: I've been using this for two months now, and I love it! It makes my skin feel so soft, and I can finally exfoliate without shredding my skin. My skin looks great.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by brittnirae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first few days I used it, I thought it was helping, but then I realized I was getting no results. I also think that the beads are too big to make this a scrub. The beads do nothing, they don't exfoliate my skin at all. All they do is stick to my hairline no matter how good I rinse. The price is decent, but I feel like you don't get enough of it. I don't know, I really don't think it removes blackheads. It might keep pimples at bay, but not blackheads. Overall, I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

This scrub dried my skin and I was left with dry patches on my cheeks and flaky nose and chin. It didn't help with blackheads at all. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ChristyLuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this for a few months and I feel as if I get MORE blackheads rather than it going away. I'm so disappointed. I really wanna get rid of these annoying blackheads.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sweetness10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure how to rate this product because as a blackhead clearer it didn't clear any blackheads, which is what it's supposed to do. BUT, as a nice, cheap, acne-fighting scrub it DID work and I think it would prevent new blackheads from forming because it contains salicylic acid (aka: beta hydroxy acid), which I've always found to be an incredibly beneficial ingredient for treating and preventing acne (and a common ingredient in the more expensive products I've used for acne) because it clears the pores and exfoliates so effectively. The scrub has smooth beads in it so I know that it's not damaging my skin as some cheap scrubs do and it comes in a big tube so it lasts for ages. The smell is pleasant and after using it my skin feels nice and smooth. I'd recommend it as a budget-friendly scrub that I'd imagine would PREVENT blackheads, but if you want something to clear your pre-existing blackheads, then I think you'd be better off trying something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In general, this is just a nice scrub for me. I like the cool cucumber-ish smell that it has, and it does clean my face. As for blackheads, didn't notice a difference. Thus is just a nice exfoliatior, nothing more, nothing less.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

after having these blackheads on my face for over 3 years. They are incredibly stubbron and refuse to go away. This product said that I would see results within two days, and I fell into the media trap.
I used this, and I did notice fewer blackheads within a WEEK - not two days. Howver, there are still plenty of blackheads on my face after months, and they don't seem to be going anywhere.
I wouldn't suggest this product, unfortunately. Don't waste your moolah. (;

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Cato1995

I love love love this scrub, wasn't sure if it would really work because the price was so low but it made my skin so soft! I use it every night and apply a moisturizer after scrubbing. If you want any small spots on your skin to disappear, it's perfect! Though if you have severe skin problems I would suggest using another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the blackhead eraser scrub and LOVE it!! I've used so many different scrubs and washes but saw no noticeable results. I've used proactive and other 'step' treatments to try to battle my acne. Then I started using this at night and the C&C morning burst in the morning. My skin has been amazing since then! I don't hardly ever get anymore breakouts and my blackheads are noticeably smaller and less than before. Now it seems like when I use another kind of wash or scrub, I seem to break out. I will keep using these products until they discontinue it lol! Overall a great product!! The best part is they run for about $3-4 at Walmart!