Kiehl's Creme de Corps

4.1

Aqua/Water, Squalane,Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PPG-5 Pentaerythrityl Ether, PEG-5 Pentaerythril Ether, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Benzophenone-3, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Methylparaben, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja/Soybean Sterols, Sodium PCA, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Olea Europaea/Olive Fruit Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis/Sweet Almond Oil, Prunus Armeniaca/Apricot Kernel Oil, Theobroma Cacao/Cocoa Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima/Avocado Oil, Tocopherol, BHT, Lecithin,Butylparaben, Zea Mays/Corn Oil, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Leaf Juice,Cl 75130/Beta-Carotene.

I didn't have a very good impression with this body lotion when I was trying out the sample given to me with other purchases. I have just recently moved to the states and was desperate for body lotion for my very very very dry skin (I blame the US weather!) as I didn't bring any of my body care stuffs with me so I went to my all time favourite Kiehl's hoping to have something until I find something better. The consistency of this body lotion is rather runny cream and it feels quite rich right after you apply it on the skin. But it will be completely absorbed a few minutes after application and leave the skin not oily. The fragrance is light so it wouldn't be a problem if you are wearing perfume on top. I didn't feel anything for the first couple of days using this body lotion but after continuous application for a week I start seeing a different on my skin. My skin definitely feels more hydrated, nourished and soft. Also, the flaky skin on my legs had also disappeared! I have a feeling the moisturising power of this body lotion needs to be built up so you probably won't see instant effect but you can definitely spot a gradual improvement.

on 2/24/2013 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't think I can add anything that hasn't already been said. This is by far my favorite lotion! I buy the huge 1 liter bottle with the pump, first because I use this lotion at least once a day all over, and second because I hate the small bottles with no pump. If you use it right out of the shower after a short towel dry it soaks in so quickly and feels amazing! If I am in a hurry during the day I use a different lotion because this is on the heavier side, but this one is perfect for right before bed. I know a lot of people complain about the price, and I would love if it cost less... But the price does not deter me at all, I will continue to buy this lotion without a second thought!

on 2/18/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely dry, flaky skin that itches and is sometimes prone to sensitivity. I've tried tons of different body lotions from drugstores such as Nivea, Jergens, etc. and eventually was introduced to Kiehls.

I bought the smallest size to test it out (plus the full size bottle is quite pricey!). I apply this lotion at night, right after a shower and before I go to bed. It has a very mild scent and a creamy texture which is great for spreading and means that you don't have to use a lot, but it does take a while to absorb into skin if I have overapplied.

By the next morning, I can feel the difference in my skin - soft, smooth and definitely not itchy or flaky at all. In fact, I find that one application per evening is enough for the entire day so this bottle will last ages! I have been using it for about 3 weeks and no complaints so far. I think this will continue to be my HG until I find something more affordable.

P.S The only downside is that I don't like the packaging - I would prefer if it came in a pump bottle so I didn't have to get the whole bottle greasy with lotion every time I grab it. But that's just me!

on 2/3/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have a deluxe sample of this hand cream and it is wonderful. My toddler had extremely dry, chapped hands from playing outside in a sandbox for about 30 minutes on a chilly day. This stuff repaired his skin very quickly.

on 1/9/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I just purchased my second bottle (16 oz?). The first bottle lasted almost a year and both my husband and I use it. I love that it is sans fragrance. It works very well, absorbs, and is not greasy. A little goes a long way. I have very sensitive skin and am allergic to practically everything and I have no issues with this. Will continue to repurchase.

on 1/5/2013 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was very confidently encouraged to buy this product by the guy at Kiehl's when I complained to him about my super-dry skin thanks to being too long out in the sun. I was doubtful since it smelled bland and felt light on the back of my hand. Thank goodness I changed my mind and went with his recommendation. After 1 week faithfully using it twice a day, my skin is now soft, smooth, and even has a slight sheen to it! It is a bit oily but after 30 mins, it sinks in and leaves no stickiness or smell so it won't interfere with my perfume. Love it and will go for the big pump bottle next time.

on 1/3/2013 3:19:00 PM

My HG Body Cream. Very effective, non-greasy, and non-scented. I skin became extremely dry after a week of staying at a hotel room and being on airplanes. It was itchy and even cracking in some areas - like my legs for example. I tried tons of body oil and cetaphil body lotion. But while it was staying on my skin with a uncomfortable stickiness and residual feelings, it was still very dry. This solved the problem. Healed up the dryness in three days, and made my skin softer. Although it is heavy duty, it doesn't feel greasy at all. When I take shower after applying this lotion, I can feel the lotion coming off, so it does provide a barrier that lasts on the skin. I have several bottles of this - one for travel, one or my bag and one in my bathroom. Will purchase this over and over again. Oh, one tip: I spray perfumes after pumping out the lotion when I go out or so. It acts like scented body lotion but way more hydrating!

on 12/27/2012 11:57:00 PM

I love this stuff, which makes it hard to fathom all the negative reviews. My skin has become very dry on my arms and legs. I started dry brushing to help exfoliate all the dead skin and use body oils, but even they don't moisturize my skin as well as my Kiehls Creme de Corps. I love the lotion but love the whipped butter version even more, I think it absorbs faster since it is light and airy, I will never be without this product again.

on 12/27/2012 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I call it Corpse Cream. It's just not what it advertises on the bottle, which states that it is non-greasy. I've never tried a more greasy lotion. I am very, very dry and this lotion never sinks in.

It gets 2 lippies for being a decent night cream for my cuticles, but that's it. The products is way too expensive for what you get. I don't understand the hype.

*I'm revising my review to 4 lippies. My nails are the best they have ever been since I started using this as a night time hand cream. It's still impossibly greasy but great for cuticles.

on 12/14/2012 4:23:00 PM

good lotion~! really, really expensive~!
It performs really well, but I think I like my Aveeno one just as much if not more.
this one is a bit more greasy than my Aveeno one. If this is the same price as my Aveeno one, I would still buy Aveeno.
I will use this up, but probably won't buy it again.