December 21, 2014 | 1386 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Creme de Corps

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:46:00 AM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very confidently encouraged to buy this product by the guy at Kiehl's when I complained to him about my super-dry skin thanks to being too long out in the sun. I was doubtful since it smelled bland and felt light on the back of my hand. Thank goodness I changed my mind and went with his recommendation. After 1 week faithfully using it twice a day, my skin is now soft, smooth, and even has a slight sheen to it! It is a bit oily but after 30 mins, it sinks in and leaves no stickiness or smell so it won't interfere with my perfume. Love it and will go for the big pump bottle next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

My HG Body Cream. Very effective, non-greasy, and non-scented. I skin became extremely dry after a week of staying at a hotel room and being on airplanes. It was itchy and even cracking in some areas - like my legs for example. I tried tons of body oil and cetaphil body lotion. But while it was staying on my skin with a uncomfortable stickiness and residual feelings, it was still very dry. This solved the problem. Healed up the dryness in three days, and made my skin softer. Although it is heavy duty, it doesn't feel greasy at all. When I take shower after applying this lotion, I can feel the lotion coming off, so it does provide a barrier that lasts on the skin. I have several bottles of this - one for travel, one or my bag and one in my bathroom. Will purchase this over and over again. Oh, one tip: I spray perfumes after pumping out the lotion when I go out or so. It acts like scented body lotion but way more hydrating!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Saspants

I love this stuff, which makes it hard to fathom all the negative reviews. My skin has become very dry on my arms and legs. I started dry brushing to help exfoliate all the dead skin and use body oils, but even they don't moisturize my skin as well as my Kiehls Creme de Corps. I love the lotion but love the whipped butter version even more, I think it absorbs faster since it is light and airy, I will never be without this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Deodand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I call it Corpse Cream. It's just not what it advertises on the bottle, which states that it is non-greasy. I've never tried a more greasy lotion. I am very, very dry and this lotion never sinks in.

It gets 2 lippies for being a decent night cream for my cuticles, but that's it. The products is way too expensive for what you get. I don't understand the hype.

*I'm revising my review to 4 lippies. My nails are the best they have ever been since I started using this as a night time hand cream. It's still impossibly greasy but great for cuticles.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

good lotion~! really, really expensive~!
It performs really well, but I think I like my Aveeno one just as much if not more.
this one is a bit more greasy than my Aveeno one. If this is the same price as my Aveeno one, I would still buy Aveeno.
I will use this up, but probably won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by recipefordisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is a no fuss, no fragrance moisturiser.
But the thing I love about it and the reason I'll pay extra is because it leaves my skin moisturised for ages after using. So much so that I find it effects my skin between showers (only 2, but still) and I don't get dry skin so this product largely appeals to me because I tend to be lazy with my body care.
Thankfully the prices aren't too crazily different in Australia to the rest of the world for this product as mecca have been lowering their prices and as a consequence so have the brands they stock that are also sold outside of mecca. This product cost me $38 AUD for 250mls.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Laski

This lotion is doing its job, no doubt. But it is so unspectacular that I really ask myself why the hell itīs so expensive? Other lotions which cost only a fraction of this pamper my skin just the same, or better. I bought this for a bit of a luxury feel, but I just donīt have it. I donīt find it special at all, average at best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by danai

Top quality stuff, plain and simple. Maybe the best body moisturizer I ever used. Rich, sinks in immidiately and perfectly, really does moisturize.
And now, the bad news. This lotion is simply not affordable, for most of us at least. I can understand a high end perfumed lotion being this expensive (although all my high end perfumed body creams are cheaper than Khiel's); after all it's supposed to be a special treat. However this is a basic, unscented, heavy duty cream for every day. Being this expensive just won't allow most people to buy it and use it on an everyday basis.
It's infuriatingly expensive, and to think Khiel's don't even use proper packaging for this, instead they throw it in a cheap, basic, plastic bottle.
Is this product great? Yup. Is it worth a second mortgage? A big fat nope.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by misspolyglot

I really like this body lotion even though it is by far the most expensive one I've ever bought.

The texture is thick and creamy but even so, the product gets absorbed by the skin really fast. On the bottle they recommend to wait a few minutes before getting dressed but for me that wasn't even necessary. I usually use it after taking a shower at night and when I wake up the next morning my skin is incredibly smooth and stays that way throughout the entire day. The smell is nice but not overpowering.

The packaging is as minimalist and environmentally friendly (no unnecessary boxes, foils, etc.) as with all Kiehl's products.

If I could afford it I would use this body lotion every single day, especially during the colder months. Because it is quite pricey I alternate with other less expensive products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by mirax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have insanely dry skin. So dry. And as soon as colder weather hits it becomes, red, scaly and angry as well. So I decided to try to get a leg up on it this year and picked up this body lotion on a splurgy trip to Nordstrom. The smell is divine. Like cream and honey. It sinks in fast and doesn't leave me greasy which is a big thing, I hate feeling greasy. In just a few days, my skin looks and feel amazing. This will be on my HG list of lotions from here on out.