September 30, 2014 | 1811 users online

Hair Color - Manic Panic - Temporary Hair dye

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by austinssister

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these! I have a variety of colors but they are all very pretty. I just tried Ions new Color Brilliance Brights and it was nothing compared to this stuff. Its worth the buy! Oh and the darker colors are great for natural hair

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Rocket37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review of a variety of colors from Manic Panic.

After Midnight Blue - This color is very dark blue, it fades out slowly into a medium blue & 'bleeds' a bit. Looks great on longer hair styles.

Atomic Turquoise - My favorite hair color by a long shot, it looks great on warm, cool & neutral skin tones. It lasts a couple months & fades into a lite turquoise/teal which is also very flattering. This color bleeds the least of all Manic Panic colors.

Bad Boy Blue - I really cute vibrant/pastel color that looks so good on tan skin colors. Looks nice on long and short hair styles. Reminds me of 'My Little Pony.' Doesn't have a bleeding issue.

Cotton Candy Pink - A very lite pink that fades quite quickly, if you want it in for a while make sure to grab two containers especially if you have long, porous hair. Looks nice on anyone & hardly bleeds.

Electric Banana - What a fun color! People will see you a mile away, for real. It's SO intense. It fades, but because it is so vibrant it seems to only get brighter and brighter. This color does however bleed & it will color your shirts color. Looks great on tan & darker skin, or a really brave fair skinned individual.

Electric Lizard - Very vibrant, not as vibrant as Electric Banana. But, pretty close. It's a bold neon green & looks great on shaggy hair cuts.

Enchanted Forest - A solid matte dark green. Fades into a medium green & looks great with a banged haircut.

Hot Hot Pink - A darker neon pink, it bleeds a bit. To brighten it up mix in half a jar of Cotton Candy Pink. Looks great on all hair types & skin colors.

Pillar Box Red - It is what it says it is. One of the stronger reds from Manic Panic. Like most reds, they tend to fade & lose their boldness quickly. Looks nice on tanned or darker skin and any hair style.

Purple Haze - Fades to fast for my liking. It's a basic purple, not very vibrant. It might stick better to hair with a bit more texture, it's still fun though.

Raven - I would NEVER recommend this color. People argue about the true 'base' of this color. Some say it's purple, others say it's green... I used this and it faded out within a week to a nasty goose-dookie green.

Red Passion - My favorite red. This red is a pinkish red, it's vibrant but, not as neon as other Manic Panic colors. It bleeds very lightly & looks great on any complexion and hair style/length.

Shocking Blue - This blue bleeds, it's a nice color for short hair colors, but if you have longer hair or bangs it will mark your neck & forehead. Other than that it's very bold when it is first applied, within a few days though it will start to wash out and get brighter the longer it's in.

Ultra Violet - This is a tricky color to get right. Many people are upset because, they don't realize Violet isn't just purple, Violet contains blue. If you have dark hair I do not suggest lightening your hair to put this color in, your hair will have to much yellow & turn more pink than Violet. Your hair MUST be white & very porous. This color does fade fast, so another one you will want to pick up a couple jars on. But, it's a very nice color & looks great on edgy hair styles for any skin color.

Vampire Red - This color BLEEDS. It's the worst color by Manic Panic as far as bleeding. It will stain your bath/shower if you don't bleach the bath after you use it. This color however, does last despite how much it bleeds. It fades into a bold neon red.

Wildfire - An orange/red. It is very bright & lasts quite some time. It would looks great on anyone.

These are the Manic Panic colors I have used multiple times on my hair. As far as Manic Panic 'Amplified' - It's really no different as far as how long it lasts.

I also not only bleach my hair before use, but use white hair color with a matching ( or close ) base to the color I am trying to achieve.

Make sure to always use gloves when applying & it doesn't hurt to leave it on till' it's starting to dry. Always use color safe shampoo & conditioners when washing hair that is treated with semi & demi permanent hair colors.

You can also rinse your hair with clear vinegar when washing out Manic Panic, to intensify the color and 'lock' the pigment in further.

Manic Panic is not tested on animals & vegan.

Some Manic Panic colors glow under UV lite.

Have fun coloring your hair & hope this helped.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by finished10dnails

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SHOCKING BLUE. It is an amazing blue color! It lasts the deep blue shade on my bleached hair for about a week or so (I shampoo every day) and then slowly fades to a turquoise color. I like that it is a thick creamy dye that leaves my hair shiny and soft.

Keep in mind that Manic Panic is a temporary dye that must be applied to light colored or bleached hair. It will fade with each shampoo. When I get dye on my hands, face, countertop, etc., rubbing alcohol will clean it up. I've never had it stain my clothing, but I wash my clothes and towels right after a dye job.

I've been using this for 20 years for small sections of my hair. In order to get the best color out of Shocking Blue, I dip a dye brush in to the dye container, brush the dye on, comb through my hair until the dye is slightly frothy, and then let the dye soak in for about 15 minutes. If I have time, I put on a plastic hair cap and leave the dye in for several hours. If I don't have time, I put on a plastic hair cap and run the hair dryer over my head for 15 to 20 minutes.

I've tried other blue and green colors by Manic Panic and have had just as much success. I just like Shocking Blue best!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by lacysilk29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really liked this hair dye. I wasn't super thorough with the application, just rubber gloves in the shower and combed it through my hair. I left the raven (black) hair color on my unbleached hair for a couple hours and was amazed with the results. I chose this product because it is actually good for my hair and I wanted a temporary color. I expect it to fade soon and I want it to. If the desired result is a permanent hair color this is not it. I don't know what everyone else did but the hair color definitely didn't stain my shower or pillows/sheets. The stains that were in my shower lifted easily with just water. My hair felt very conditioned and nice afterwards. I would recommend this product for anyone seeking a temporary color.
UPDATE:So after a few washes it definitely faded and bled in my shower. This to me was not problem since I was realistic with the effects of the product. I knew it would not last forever. It never stained my shower. If it got on my skin I could just wipe it off with water. I don't understand other people on here sometimes lol

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by xoxRoyalxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

SHOCKING BLUE

I bought the amplified version, and I can tell you that I do not recommend it. I don't know if it's just me, but I bleached my hair 4 times.(my hair is dark brown), and then used Manic Panic virgin snow toner. It came out pretty light blonde. However, when I applied it, it turned out TURQUOISE instead of the true blue I wanted. Will not repurchase, I'm going to use Raw's instead.

Update:It actually turned out pretty well, and not at all the result I expected. Although it has a slight green tone to it, I think it's a very nice blue color. Only complaint is that it fades into a very very light sea-foam green color.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Rosenrot05

First one I bought was Pillarbox red, I bleached my hair with Manic Panic 40 bleach and then put it on after washing that out, my hair went pink! which was not good coz I wanted red.

Next colour I tried 2 years later was Purple haze, but no matter how many times I lighten my hair it always ends up going blue and washes out in about a week. So I have given up on Manic Panic products, they just don't work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 4:47:00 AM More reviews by RinaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

VAMPIRE RED

Very beautiful color! But like all manic panic dyes, it bleeds every time you shower, the water never runs clear. You have to touch it up every few weeks, I touch it up once a month along with my roots. And it stains everything..

Finally, if you have a lot of patience, I'd recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by DaniePaige

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

COTTON CANDY PINK
Pink was the first color I ever dyed my hair, back when it was all blonde and came down to my waist, I used this pink just on the undersides. My hair is naturally pretty light blonde, so I probably didn't need to bleach it, but I did anyways, and I got it to an inside-of-the-banana yellow color before I used this. I left it in for about 4 hours, and I did use shampoo when I washed it out though, because I just thought it would be gross otherwise, I was worried this color would be bright pink like the actual dye is, but it is true cotton candy pink. Fading, I honestly can't say much about, because I didn't give it much of a chance to fade, I just re-dyed it every weekend, but It faded virtually none each week. Also, one jar covered the underside of all of my hair, and was enough for a second dyeing too.

ATOMIC TURQUOISE AND SHOCKING BLUE
I wanted Bad Boy Blue, but they didn't have it at sally's and there isn't a Hot Topic near me, so I mixed these, and left it in for about 2 and a half hours, and it turned out the color that bad boy blue looks in the jar. It didn't fade for about three weeks, but there are quite a few reasons behind this;
1. I did something which is NOT good for hair nor straightener, but I did it anyways, when I first washed out the dye, I didn't get all of it out, on purpose, and I didn't use shampoo or conditioner, and i straightened it right after washing to really lock in the color, and it worked, and my hair wasn't visibly damaged, and neither was my straightener, but I still don't suggest this, and
2. I only wash my hair about every 3 days.
Also note, I did the blue directly after the pink, and it turned out true blue, not purple. All in all, I have had good luck with Manic Panic, I'm pretty sure it's just that i'm naturally fair-haired though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Ages ago I used this in Midnight Blue and it turned out a beautiful bright blue. I had done it over bleached hair so that's probably why. I just recently purchased Raven (black) and tried to do my roots with it. I followed everything to a T and even left it in for 2hrs (I don't like sleeping with it in & get impatient). So I washed it out and my roots were still brown. I did my eye brows too and those are darker so what happened to my roots I have no idea. I won't be buying this again unless I want to use an actual color (which probably won't happen). Also a tub? Why not a tube?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by alyssaVE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people don't like Manic Panic, and I can see why, but it works amazing for me. I love the color selection, and they always come out pretty and bright. The application is not very messy because it is very thick, unlike some unnatural color dyes I have used. I like the smell of it, and it leaves my hair very soft and surprisingly pretty healthy. The problem I always hear about is that it fades too fast. I've found how to make it last though. I keep mine on for a bit longer than directed, and blow dry it before I rinse it out. Then, I don't wash my hair every day and I wash it with cold water. It lasts for me :) I also like how if you don't take care of i right, it fades because I like to switch colors a lot. Keep in mind I don't dye my whole head - just parts of it. I know I can make it fade quickly if I want or I can make it last. So I suggest this hair dye, especially if you switch your hair up a lot. It works in my favor.