August 28, 2014 | 1570 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product emphasized my pores. The colors available are pale and so everywhere there is a pore on my face is a new blemish, a pale dot (the corrector). I tried this under foundation hoping that the foundation would blend with the corrector but as the day went on I would still end up with a white dot where my pores are. I know what it is like to have visible pores and want them to look less obvious. I suggest that you ask Clinique for a sample of the product before buying it, or get them to demonstrate it on you and see how everything looks after a few hours of wearing it. Would not recommend buying this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by garagegirl022

I know I am the minority here but I did not like this at all. I was hoping it would hide some of my larger pores, but when I put it on all it did was accentuate them and draw more attention.. Returned this : (

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by vvlindsvv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If I were in a serious hurry and had time for only one product, this would easily be in. I have searched high and low for a product that keeps the oilies away. This not only does that, it essentially makes my skin look flawless. I apply it to my nose and forehead with a touch of powder and no longer feel the need to apply foundation. The little tube goes a long way. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great primer simply for the areas with large pores. It doesn't literally make pores smaller, it just makes them APPEAR smaller, temporarily, by filling them in and making a smoother surface for makeup application. I highly suggest this for anyone with larger pores or small acne scars!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample, and am now a customer. Not sure it does much to minimize pores, but it is a great primer for oily skin. Very nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Queenlizo

I've been using this for years as a mattifier after I put on makeup. I have incredibly oily and sensitive skin, and it's always the battle of the shine, or oil-slick to be more precise.

I usually blot the oil on my face, and put on the Instant Perfector. It keeps the shine away for a few hours. If I can't blot, I put this on and voilà! grease-be-gone!

This is something I have to have in my purse, especially in the summer. I found out that they were discontinuing this product, and flipped out becaue I really depend on it. Fortunately, Clinique just reformulated it, and it works better than ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dwalls

This a great primer for the T-zone! My skin is oily and it helps control my oil and minimize the appearance of pores. Get it on a darker shade though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Marian93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

at first i hate it! but now i LOVE it! its amazing amazing, it makes pores go away!!! i love it. i wish it lasted longer. but i will always use this

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by xxhoneyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

told to use as a primer, this product did help my makeup last BUT completely broke me out and did NOTHING for my pores which incidently its supposed to be for, if u have sensitive skin, stay away nothing but waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I consider this to be like a primer, although it's different. It's weird. It's supposed to hide pores or at least make them less noticeable. It comes in a small squeeze tube (.5 ounces) and is thick but blends easily.
I apply this BEFORE makeup, although the packaging says you can apply it after. I find that it doesn't look very good if I apply it over my makeup. What it does is covers the pores and gives you a matte look. At first it looks really nice, but after a while this begins to sink in and it makes your makeup look cakey. It can also make your face oilier that it might normally become. I find that in the long run, I look better without using this stuff.
I will probably save this for occasions when I know I won't be having a long day, because this just doesn't hold up. I'm sad because I love the matte look it gives your skin! So pretty and airbrushed at first...but it doesn't last. For around $18, I won't be repurchasing again. Just an ordinary primer makes more sense to me.