December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My T-Zone pores have been a problem as long as I can remember! I've been using this off and on for about 6-years. My pores are so noticeably, and any other makeup just makes them stand out. Liquid, Sheer, Foundation, Mineral...literally, all types! Putting this on is not easy and takes some time. I find it best when applied very last. You have to do tiny spot treating and be very carfeul not to blend it in too much. Otherwise, it looks cakey and awful. But when done the right way it will completely cover (doesn't actually minimize, just gives appearance of) pores. HG for me. The only HG product for my face I even have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ari496

As far as pore minimizers go, this was pretty good. It didnt actually make my pores smaller (bc cnothing can actually do that) but it did make them appear to be smaller. My pores used to look so bad that people would ask me 'what are those black dots on yur nose?' no they were not blackheads, so were obnoxiously large pores. I used this and the next day someone commented 'wow, you got rid of those dots!' I wish. But they believd it! It diffuses and blurs the pores a little. For its price (about $20) it's pretty good value. I would buy this again unless I found something better. But I dont think I will.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Lucyindisguise

Like some other reviewers, this product made my pores far more noticeable, particularly as the day wore on. I tried applying a little, then a lot. I used it both under and over foundation. All were equally poor. The search goes on unfortunately!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2011 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Anna001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product emphasized my pores. The colors available are pale and so everywhere there is a pore on my face is a new blemish, a pale dot (the corrector). I tried this under foundation hoping that the foundation would blend with the corrector but as the day went on I would still end up with a white dot where my pores are. I know what it is like to have visible pores and want them to look less obvious. I suggest that you ask Clinique for a sample of the product before buying it, or get them to demonstrate it on you and see how everything looks after a few hours of wearing it. Would not recommend buying this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by garagegirl022

I know I am the minority here but I did not like this at all. I was hoping it would hide some of my larger pores, but when I put it on all it did was accentuate them and draw more attention.. Returned this : (

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by vvlindsvv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If I were in a serious hurry and had time for only one product, this would easily be in. I have searched high and low for a product that keeps the oilies away. This not only does that, it essentially makes my skin look flawless. I apply it to my nose and forehead with a touch of powder and no longer feel the need to apply foundation. The little tube goes a long way. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great primer simply for the areas with large pores. It doesn't literally make pores smaller, it just makes them APPEAR smaller, temporarily, by filling them in and making a smoother surface for makeup application. I highly suggest this for anyone with larger pores or small acne scars!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample, and am now a customer. Not sure it does much to minimize pores, but it is a great primer for oily skin. Very nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Queenlizo

I've been using this for years as a mattifier after I put on makeup. I have incredibly oily and sensitive skin, and it's always the battle of the shine, or oil-slick to be more precise.

I usually blot the oil on my face, and put on the Instant Perfector. It keeps the shine away for a few hours. If I can't blot, I put this on and voilà! grease-be-gone!

This is something I have to have in my purse, especially in the summer. I found out that they were discontinuing this product, and flipped out becaue I really depend on it. Fortunately, Clinique just reformulated it, and it works better than ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by dwalls

This a great primer for the T-zone! My skin is oily and it helps control my oil and minimize the appearance of pores. Get it on a darker shade though!