September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #213 Fluff Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 2:08:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

To me, this is a great basic brush for applying e/s to the lid. I use it in conjunction with other brushes instead of relying on it as my main e/s brush. I think it's an important brush to have in the collection but I could also live without it. The more distinctive brushes which I use for creasework and blending are more valuable to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Dragun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of the Royal Assets Smokey Eyes palette for Xmas. It's the 213SE. I had the 213 on my list, but since my experience with M.A.C. brushes began on Xmas day, I had no idea how much I'd love this brush. I want the full-size one now. The bristles are dense and soft, and great for picking up a good amount of shadow/pigment. It blends well and is overall just a fabulous brush. I now have a new addiction. *sigh* Will definitely purchase more M.A.C. brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 1:13:00 AM More reviews by fabmac1

I got this as part of the x'mas brush collection... as with most of the MAC brushes I own : ) They are an awesome deal that way! This is one of my all time STAPLE crease brush!!! I don't quite know how this is able to do it.. but i can never go wrong with using this in the crease. I use it to highlight under my brows as well! The bristles are soft yet firm enough to deposit the exactly amt of colour!! BIG thumbs up here!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Viviana25

This brush is soo good. and soft, yet a little dense, perfect for apply, blend, etc, etc. its a multitasker brush!! Higly recomended!.
UPDATE: just bought my THIRD one, this is how AMAZING this is!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:44:00 PM More reviews by laurenb80

MAC has super brushes and I didn't know how big of a difference a brush makes until I bought this. The application of my e/s is much softer, better, and even. I love this brush. I would buy more, but they really are pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is a really great and versatile eyeshadow brush. i own the 213SE that i inherited from my best friend who wasn't using it. it's a medium sized squareish brush that works great for me for doing lid work, browbone highlighting and blending shadows out. this is a brush i can see myself using almost everyday no matter what particular look i'm going for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have the SE version of this from one of the xmas palettes i recieved a few years back. one of the brushes i use everyday and it's still in great shape. total hg and probably could not do my eyeshadows w/ out this brush. soft yet dense enough at the same time. deposits shadows perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The 213 brush has been compared to the 239 brush but they function differently. Both brushes are similar in size, the 213 brush is fluffier and softer with bristles that taper into a rounded shape while the 239 brush has flat, dense and stiff (but not hard or scratchy) bristles that are straight across with slightly rounded edges. The 213 is great for sheer or light application of pigmented shadows and can also be used for minor blending or applying shadow as a wash all over lids (it's not the best brush for these purposes, but it gets the job done). I've just started using transition/blending shadows and the size, shape and density of the 213 is perfect. The 239 is great for precise, normal or intense application of shadow. If you�re trying to decide whether you *need* both the 213 and the 239 brush, it depends on the shadows you use most often (normal vs. pigmented) and the look you�re trying to achieve. The 213 is more versatile which may be important if you don't have a lot of brushes or are looking for a multi functional brush. I tend to use the 239 more often but I love both brushes equally.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2007 2:35:00 AM More reviews by GreedyGretchen77

i have the #213SE that came in a palette i got for christmas a while back. i usually use my maybelline eyeshadow brushes, so i (regretfully) neglected this brush. the bristles are really soft and the density and shape of it make the brush pretty versatile. i'm really glad i rediscovered this little gem and will be using it more often in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the Mac #213SE, which is the mini-size shader brush, it is black with a light blue tip on the handle. I love this darling little brush, it is the perfect density and softness, yet firm enough to apply e/s on my eyelid. Since mine has the blue tip, I use this for my some of my purple e/s, just to remember which brush to use. The handle did screw off, and it's not supposed to, so I glued it back on with a little crazy glue, and it's good as new. Washes well with Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo (which I use on all my brushes). I would buy again, and highly recommend this brush.