August 21, 2014 | 1164 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the windshield wiper brush in general. The MAC version is a fine one. I just wanted to add my opinion that that this is the most useful brush I own. In fact, I keep a couple around so I can use multiple within an eye design without having to clean (between dark and light or shimmers and mattes, etc.). I have a broad, almost monolid, and the windshield wiper action has been the easiest way for me to get a smooth application without skips or drags. This brush almost single highhandedly put eyeshadow back in my life when I was young and had just about given up on it. Just wanted to share that for other women who might be having the same frustrations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by underage

I love this brush!! I got a mini 224 Special Edition a few years ago and I have used it everyday since. I decided to pick up the full size because I used it so much and I'm still in love! It is the perfect blending brush for blending out the crease color. I found the regular 224 to be softer and less scratchy than the Special Edition but that's a good thing. No shedding for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great blending brush, larger than the 217. I use the 217 for blending eyeshadow into my crease or at the corners of my eye, but I tend to pick this up if I'm just applying one colour or paintpot onto my lids quickly just because it's bigger.

Also it's absolutely great for buffing concealer into the skin - it's my goto concealer brush.

One lippie off because it's not particularly soft and because it does shed a lot -- for the price it really shouldn't shed as much as it does but it does.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by umehta

This brush is rough and sheds! I am very dissappointed and am returning this brush. Do not waste your money on this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by insert_name_here86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think, just like the MAC 217, this brush can be just as versatile. It can be used for blending, a light wash of colour all over the lids and browbone and can be used for crease work. But I must admit you have to have a large enough crease and sadly for me, I don't. But it's not to say it's not sufficient at blending, because it is! I mean where has this brush been all of my life? At first I thought I didn't need it because I had the MAC 217, but that still doesn't diffuse colour quite as nicely as this brush. Yeah it can be a bit rough but it's not intolerable. It's well crafted and lightweight in your hand and if I ever so happen to lose this or accidentally break it, I would totally buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by maimaimaired

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i loooooooooove my 224 brush is blends out color very nicely i use my brush for background color then i go in with a more pointed brush like mac 226 brush to define my crease. also i use the 224 brush to blend out conceler or soften color loooove my 224 brush. i think its a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down best e/s blending brush. Doesn't deposit a lot of color so it's okay for applying highlighter/brow bone color. Blends like a dream though and really helps to banish any "lines" when doing bold e/s looks. Would definitely buy a back up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Ok I see it is not just me who finds this brush super scratchy. It is quite pointy so the scratchiness is emphasized. I also find it too big and too fluffy for blending but would have still been happy to use it if not for the scratchiness. I am really disappointed with it (the only MAC disappointment I have). I am going to try to return it - hopefully MAC will take it back...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by fiafiafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is too big to use as a crease brush for my hooded, small eyes, but it works beautifully as an all-over blending brush! I mainly use this to blend concealer under my eyes and around tiny blemishes, and it really does deliver an airbrushed finish, rather than look caked on.
I'd buy this again, mainly because it does such a good job at blending concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

I've had this brush for 4 years and I've come to realize that this brush is not for me. It's fluffy and yet it can be scratchy sometimes. You can use it to wipe fallout, apply highlighter on your brow bone or to sheer out colors. It's packaging is solid, no loose ferrule. I don't have a crease and I don't use this brush very much. It is better for eye shapes with a crease, especially a deep crease. Stable brush, just not for my eye shape.