April 18, 2014 | 1297 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:40:00 AM More reviews by insert_name_here86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I think, just like the MAC 217, this brush can be just as versatile. It can be used for blending, a light wash of colour all over the lids and browbone and can be used for crease work. But I must admit you have to have a large enough crease and sadly for me, I don't. But it's not to say it's not sufficient at blending, because it is! I mean where has this brush been all of my life? At first I thought I didn't need it because I had the MAC 217, but that still doesn't diffuse colour quite as nicely as this brush. Yeah it can be a bit rough but it's not intolerable. It's well crafted and lightweight in your hand and if I ever so happen to lose this or accidentally break it, I would totally buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by maimaimaired

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i loooooooooove my 224 brush is blends out color very nicely i use my brush for background color then i go in with a more pointed brush like mac 226 brush to define my crease. also i use the 224 brush to blend out conceler or soften color loooove my 224 brush. i think its a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down best e/s blending brush. Doesn't deposit a lot of color so it's okay for applying highlighter/brow bone color. Blends like a dream though and really helps to banish any "lines" when doing bold e/s looks. Would definitely buy a back up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

Ok I see it is not just me who finds this brush super scratchy. It is quite pointy so the scratchiness is emphasized. I also find it too big and too fluffy for blending but would have still been happy to use it if not for the scratchiness. I am really disappointed with it (the only MAC disappointment I have). I am going to try to return it - hopefully MAC will take it back...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by fiafiafia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is too big to use as a crease brush for my hooded, small eyes, but it works beautifully as an all-over blending brush! I mainly use this to blend concealer under my eyes and around tiny blemishes, and it really does deliver an airbrushed finish, rather than look caked on.
I'd buy this again, mainly because it does such a good job at blending concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by piellelux

I've had this brush for 4 years and I've come to realize that this brush is not for me. It's fluffy and yet it can be scratchy sometimes. You can use it to wipe fallout, apply highlighter on your brow bone or to sheer out colors. It's packaging is solid, no loose ferrule. I don't have a crease and I don't use this brush very much. It is better for eye shapes with a crease, especially a deep crease. Stable brush, just not for my eye shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

--- I see there is another 224 reviewed here, but I will put my review under the official MAC naming ---
My 224 says France as place of manufacturing. It is a brush that really changes my makeup results from what I have been used to.
I use it to apply and blend crease colour and to diffuse the colour towards my eyebrows. I FEEL that this brush has great potential, but since I am inexperienced and self-taught I cannot say how good this is.
It picks up colour quite well, no unnecessary eyeshadow picking of e/s fallout and it deposits it in the exact spot I want. Then it is easy to blend,
The bristles are soft and dense and I had no issues of hair fallout yet. I spot-clean it every now and then, and also wash it from time to time. No problem, no bleeding, no shedding, no splaying (guard always on).
I will repurchase if I lost this, but not to have multiples as one is enough for me. All in all necessary but not something thrilling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, the price is horrendous, BUT I had to buy it as soon as I could! Why? Because the price of brushes keeps going up! Anyway, yes, this is a super brush for diffusing colors. It keeps harsh edges away from your lines. It's a little too big for crease work. I have small eyes, so I use the 217 for that. It's really a great brush to have in your arsenal. No regrets buying at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by titee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

blend, blend, blend! this is the must have blending brush! it's perfect for blending out smokey eyes! i dont apply any eyeshadow on it, i just use it for blending. wonderful brush! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by xlouderplease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This was my first MAC eye brush and I've been very pleased with it! It's very soft, quite fluffy and I am able to use this to apply color anywhere - all over the lid, the brow bone, the crease, and the outer corner. Basically this is a brush I am able to use to do everything. It blends out harsh lines SO well and really pulls together the whole eye look. If I want more definition I will use a smaller more dense brush like the 217, but this is great to use for everyday and when I want to do a more natural look. I also like this for under eye concealer and for applying powder in smaller areas like the sides of my nose. Great brush, good price and lovely packaging - I would definitely repurchase.