MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

3.8

on 7/23/2010 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This color looks so pretty in the pan, but in reality it's SUPER glittery and has little color payoff. I would not repurchase this.

on 7/9/2010 2:54:00 PM

Lots of fallout with this one! This was my first lustre eyeshadow and I did not care for it. No color payoff and theres glitter everywhere! will not repurchase this one

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Beware of glittery fallout, i like to use a wet brush with this eyeshadow, it is a beautiful gold/bronze color!

on 7/3/2010 7:56:00 PM

very nice eyeshadow, love the nice light brown, golden color. *BEWARE* sparkles tend to get everywhere, I use this as a crease color or when im in a hurry on my lid. bottom line, great shadow to have in your collection.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Honey Lust came in my Royal Assets Palette. I do like the color... But glitter tends to go everywhere. I like how this color really makes my Blue-Green eyes come alive.
When i run out i will buy again.

on 6/8/2010 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Honey Lust is a very sparkly, golden peachy honey colour. I sometimes find this a bit much in the daytime in the winter if you use it as the lighter colour on a smokey eye, but with a tan it looks nice and with tanned or darker skintones I think it would look great.

In any season with any skintone, it looks nice in the corner of the eyes. However, it does tend to have quite a lot of fallout and is slightly TOO sparkly in my opinion. For the evening though, I love the sparkle and it's just right!

on 6/2/2010 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

One of my favourite mac eye shadows, a peachy sparkly gold. perfect for both day and night time. too orange-peachy for me to wear on its own, but wonderful to mix: I put shale (geyish plum) in the crease, and then layer honey lust onto the lids and swipe it over the brow bones and in the inner corners of my eyes. it complements my NC30 skin nicely, and gives a glamourous yet natural effect. as i always use an eye shadow base, i dont experience any fall-out at all. will surely buy again! one pot seems to last forever, though.

on 5/12/2010 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was the very first MAC eyeshadow I bought. Years later, it's still my hands-down favorite. I have neutral fair coloring, medium brown hair, and green eyes. This eyeshadow makes my green eyes absolutely pop. On me, Honey Lust looks like a shimmery neutral gold--not too yellow, not too orange. I often wear this alone as a wash of color on my lid, with black eyeliner. This is such a sexy look. I know they suggest purples and plums for green eyed girls, but I suggest anyone with green eyes give this a try. Yes, there is a bit of fall-out, but it's so worth it. I suggest doing eyes first, sweeping away any fall out, then applying foundation. Problem solved!

on 5/11/2010 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bronze-dipped peach, lustre. I'm an NC30.

Are they sure this is supposed to be eyeshadow and not blush? Because i only ever end up with this color on my cheeks :P

It's nice to look at in the pan, but i can't seem to wear it for the life of me. The lustre formula strikes again with this one! i found it really hard to apply and, even with primer, it flakes off by the end of the day. It's a lovely vibrant honey gold color, though, so it's a shame it doesn't work for me at all.

i really like honey lust. it looks like gold mode pigment on my lid.
I've avoided buying this shadow because i've heard so much crap about lustre shadows. But I really think that lustre is not as bad as many people make it out to be. i experienced no fall out.
i like the fact that it's so shimmery. it's like pigment in pressed form.

it looks pretty with alot of different shadows.
today, i wore this all over the lid with memorabilia on the crease and outer v. looks really good with purples, browns, oranges... you name it.

definitely a universally flattering shadow.

Top Rated MAC Products