April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by shazzer65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as part of the Sweet Tease Look in a Box, and I am so glad that I didn't pass on it! It must have been the store lighting, but when I was looking at this set at Nordie's, I just wasn't feeling either of the shadows. What finally convinced me to buy the set was the knowledge that I could swap the shadows if I didn't like how they looked in regular light. As it turns out, I love both of them! Gleam is a warm, peachy-pink with quite a bit of gold shimmer, and is perfect for a summery daytime look, especially when paired with Mulch and a bit of black eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I found this shadow to be too chunky and glittery! It's difficult to get any pigment to show up, even with a primer! It looks so pretty in the pan, but when I try to use it, I just end up with glitter all over my face. It's so hard to blend and sticks in some places and not in others. I've used dollar eye shadows better than this!

~*~*~Continue for Swatch!!~*~*~*~

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bleudolphin

I just got the color in the Sweet Tease anniversary set. I would have never bought this color on my own. After using it I can see myself using it quite often. It goes well with satin taupe, twinks, mulch these are just the colors I have put with it.. The color is a peachy pink. I did not have a problem with fall out at all. But I normally pat my eyeshadow on.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Put simply: Where's the pigment? In the pan, one might think that this color will turn out to be absolutely stunning on the lid, but the disappointment when you see the results is so sad......There's just something about the lustre finishes that makes these shadows so glittery. The glitter outdoes the pigmentation causing your eyes to be metallic and not bright and colorful. Plus, the fallout is rather bothersome. With most glittery products, it is inevitable so I guess I should've seen it coming. I give it two lippies because I do occasionally wear it which means that I am getting something for my money, but I still do not like how deceiving the color in the pan is :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think Gleam e/s is highly underrated. Yes, it's a lustre, but it's one of the tamer ones. When applied with the 239 I get practically no fallout from this, and it gives you just the prettiest, sexiest (and subtlest!) fairytale-glow. It's especially flattering on blue eyes, but I can imagine this working on anyone but really cool-toned folks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely colour when applied quite sheerly... I don't like it as much when I pack it on as it becomes too orangey, which isn't flattering on me. A bit of fallout because of the glitter. But like most MAC eyeshadows, Gleam has pretty good staying power. It also mixes nicely with other colours- I like to use it under the browbone to contrast with matte, darker shadows such as Bobbi Brown's Slate. Will possibly be the first eyeshadow I actually finish! Nicely subtle colour that makes your eye colour pop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to think this was a really useless, annoying color, until I started wearing it differently. I like the look of a subtle, shimmery eye but nothing that screams "I'm wearing a disco ball on my eyelids!". This effect can be easily achieved. I usually put Beige-ing shadestick or Bare Study paintpot (the two are very similar in color, if not identical) on top of my eye primer and I pack Gleam on the lids with a #239 brush. From there, I blend it a little to take away some of the shimmer. I then use Haux eyeshadow in the outer V and crease, applied with a 217 and blended out with the same brush. I usually wear this eye look to work a couple of times a week and always get compliments on how nice my eyes look. Gleam may seem useless, but you just have to find out what colors to pair it with and how to wear it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Rehaam

I hate this eyeshadow along with every lustre I own. These look so stunning in the pan and even when swatched, then on your eye... holy chunky glitter batman! yuck yuck yuck. The color doesn't show up, the glitter is gritty and super obvious. There is no blending with this shadow because it all turns into a glittery mess. Horrid.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by spaceykatie

When this product caught my eye I was like wow! That is the most beautiful color I have ever seen! and I was completely psyched about it...until I got in home and tried in on my eyes. When I swatched it with my fingers in the store the color payoff seemed great, and the glitter seemed fine enough not to dominate the color of the shadow. Boy was I wrong. When i put it on my eyes all that came out was glitter, glitter, glitter, and basically no color. To make it worse the glitter pretty much disappeared on my skin tone. Ugh. One thing though is that I didn't have a problem with major fallout since I took care to tap off excess before putting brush to lid. So, if you're looking for a super-light summery color, this would be fine. If you're looking for beautiful vibrant color, pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by swiftwings

Alot of people don't like this eyeshadows but honestly I love it and would buy it again!
It's a pink/coraly color with gold shimmer.
It has some bad things about it but if you go past them its a really really amazing color!!
Some bad things would be that it has a huge amount of fallout and alone without a colored base its very sheer.
However, i always use rubensque paintpot under this and it ALWAYS looks amazing, and end up showing the color so well. I do have to pack it on, but i think its worth it for the color that you get.
I have a light-medium warm skin tone, brown eyes, brown hair, and I absolutly love this color! always makes my eyes pop!
How I wear it: UDPP all over the eye, rubenesque on the lid, gleam on the lid, trax(purple with gold shimmer) in the crease (lightly) and solar white(pinky white with gold shimmer) as a highlight. If i'm wearing this during the day I like to pack a little bit of blackberry(purple-brown color) on top of trax to tone down the shimmeryness or put a little bit of brule (matte highlight) on top of solar white.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No