November 28, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Gleam

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Lorizzle33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this eyeshadow, being a lustre, would be a great choice since I loved retrospeck so much. I thought gleam would be like it's pinky cousin, but gleam is almost impossible to coax onto my brush, I find myself scraping against the eyeshadow over and over to get any product, and then trying to put it on my eye and none of it leaving the brush...totally disappointed with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by shazzer65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as part of the Sweet Tease Look in a Box, and I am so glad that I didn't pass on it! It must have been the store lighting, but when I was looking at this set at Nordie's, I just wasn't feeling either of the shadows. What finally convinced me to buy the set was the knowledge that I could swap the shadows if I didn't like how they looked in regular light. As it turns out, I love both of them! Gleam is a warm, peachy-pink with quite a bit of gold shimmer, and is perfect for a summery daytime look, especially when paired with Mulch and a bit of black eyeliner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

I found this shadow to be too chunky and glittery! It's difficult to get any pigment to show up, even with a primer! It looks so pretty in the pan, but when I try to use it, I just end up with glitter all over my face. It's so hard to blend and sticks in some places and not in others. I've used dollar eye shadows better than this!

~*~*~Continue for Swatch!!~*~*~*~

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bleudolphin

I just got the color in the Sweet Tease anniversary set. I would have never bought this color on my own. After using it I can see myself using it quite often. It goes well with satin taupe, twinks, mulch these are just the colors I have put with it.. The color is a peachy pink. I did not have a problem with fall out at all. But I normally pat my eyeshadow on.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by withdiamonds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Put simply: Where's the pigment? In the pan, one might think that this color will turn out to be absolutely stunning on the lid, but the disappointment when you see the results is so sad......There's just something about the lustre finishes that makes these shadows so glittery. The glitter outdoes the pigmentation causing your eyes to be metallic and not bright and colorful. Plus, the fallout is rather bothersome. With most glittery products, it is inevitable so I guess I should've seen it coming. I give it two lippies because I do occasionally wear it which means that I am getting something for my money, but I still do not like how deceiving the color in the pan is :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think Gleam e/s is highly underrated. Yes, it's a lustre, but it's one of the tamer ones. When applied with the 239 I get practically no fallout from this, and it gives you just the prettiest, sexiest (and subtlest!) fairytale-glow. It's especially flattering on blue eyes, but I can imagine this working on anyone but really cool-toned folks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely colour when applied quite sheerly... I don't like it as much when I pack it on as it becomes too orangey, which isn't flattering on me. A bit of fallout because of the glitter. But like most MAC eyeshadows, Gleam has pretty good staying power. It also mixes nicely with other colours- I like to use it under the browbone to contrast with matte, darker shadows such as Bobbi Brown's Slate. Will possibly be the first eyeshadow I actually finish! Nicely subtle colour that makes your eye colour pop.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to think this was a really useless, annoying color, until I started wearing it differently. I like the look of a subtle, shimmery eye but nothing that screams "I'm wearing a disco ball on my eyelids!". This effect can be easily achieved. I usually put Beige-ing shadestick or Bare Study paintpot (the two are very similar in color, if not identical) on top of my eye primer and I pack Gleam on the lids with a #239 brush. From there, I blend it a little to take away some of the shimmer. I then use Haux eyeshadow in the outer V and crease, applied with a 217 and blended out with the same brush. I usually wear this eye look to work a couple of times a week and always get compliments on how nice my eyes look. Gleam may seem useless, but you just have to find out what colors to pair it with and how to wear it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by Rehaam

I hate this eyeshadow along with every lustre I own. These look so stunning in the pan and even when swatched, then on your eye... holy chunky glitter batman! yuck yuck yuck. The color doesn't show up, the glitter is gritty and super obvious. There is no blending with this shadow because it all turns into a glittery mess. Horrid.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by spaceykatie

When this product caught my eye I was like wow! That is the most beautiful color I have ever seen! and I was completely psyched about it...until I got in home and tried in on my eyes. When I swatched it with my fingers in the store the color payoff seemed great, and the glitter seemed fine enough not to dominate the color of the shadow. Boy was I wrong. When i put it on my eyes all that came out was glitter, glitter, glitter, and basically no color. To make it worse the glitter pretty much disappeared on my skin tone. Ugh. One thing though is that I didn't have a problem with major fallout since I took care to tap off excess before putting brush to lid. So, if you're looking for a super-light summery color, this would be fine. If you're looking for beautiful vibrant color, pass.