February 27, 2015 | 1104 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As far as prolonging your makeup goes, this spray does more than any other setting agent will ever do for you. This is a great product, and it does exactly what it claims to do. I just woke up from having a little nap and I'd previously applied makeup and sprayed this on my face. I looked at my white pillowcase, and absolutely no makeup had transferred. I have however, noticed two problems with this spray. First of all, the product claims to be mattifying? It does the complete opposite on my skin. It actually gives is a dewy sheen, however I overcome this by buffing in with a stippling brush immediately after spraying. There is still a slight shine present. But no, it definitely does not mattify my skin. I also find that after about 8 hours when the makeup beneath is trying to move, my pores appear bigger with the spray ontop. I have no idea why. That being said, these are my only two problems with this setting spray. It seriously does keep your makeup on. I have never in my life had my eye makeup stay on without creasing. Sprayed this onto my eyelids and wow - they stayed true in colour WITHOUT a crease, all day. My foundation stays looking fresh too. Not morning fresh, but still fresh enough. The scent is beautiful and this is one of the best smelling products I have ever come across. It isn't a strong alcoholic peppermint scent at all and is a very refreshing and light. This wasn't cheap for me to buy here in Aus and I paid - $28 for only 59ml, but I will still continue to use this. So far it has not dried out my skin at all. Do not be stupid and waste your money on mac or Urban Decay. They are overrated and surely couldn't have the staying power that the Ben Nye final seal has. I am a performer and often perform under bright lights in hot environments. I dance, sing and play piano on stage so you could imagine that this in conjunction with the bright lights would result in my makeup sweating off. I am quite confident that this spray will fix that problem and I will definitely do an update after my next show. Happy with it so far, but due to the finish and the pore issue I have to give this one 4 lippies. Coming back to do an update after my next big stage performance. Hope this review helps, beautyqueens!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent setting spray and is well priced, as all Ben Nye products are. Seals makeup well - great product for brides. I like the scent, it is minty, might not be for everyone though. Product does contain alcohol so may be problematic for very sensitive skin, however I have not had any issues yet.

Only thing I wish they would change is the spray nozzle. I find it clogs every now and then and sprays out in globs, kind of like a clogged hair spray bottle. Aside from that will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know why I have never rated this prodcut. I've literally used it for years. I fish started using in when I was a make up artist for Walt Disney Entertainment. We used a lot of BenNye products. So this was always in our kits. This prodcut is more of a fixative. Once you have sprayed your face and let this product dry it is not going anywhere. Heat, Sweat, wind, rain. Nothing is going to make your make up budge. It has a slightly mint scent. Which goes away really quickly. I don't use this product for every day. I can always feel it on my skin almost like hairspray, but I am never without it for events or days that I need make up to last and last.
And as with all BenNye products it is not real expensive.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by GlitterAndMetal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have nothing but praise for this product so far. I have used it on Ben Nye Creme colors when I attended a feast in the summer heat and even had water poured on my face. The face painting didn't even budge. I also used it when I took part in a concert. We had to wear a suit even though the temperatures were high so I knew that I would end up sweating. With the Final Seal every aspect of my makeup (foundation, eyeshadow, non waterproof eyeliner and mascara, blusher) remained intact. I highly recommend it. One has to be careful when applying it - keep your eyes closed, spray in the air, let it fall on your face and wait for a few seconds until it dries.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product. Keeps makeup looking like it was freshly applied. It smells like peppermint and does make skin feel tight after spraying, but it lives up to its claim, and is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Rwood1

NO ONE COMES CLOSE TO THIS SETTING SPRAY!
This is THE BEST in the makeup world HANDS DOWN!
Sets quick , no retouches needed otherwise you'll RUIN everything.
Can't live without this, it's some what expensive only because of the shipping cost ( they consider it to be a hazardous chemical for some reason....) but still is AWSOME with a minty tingly feeling!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

As much as I love MAC's famous Fix + (and have for the past 3 years) Ben Nye's Final Seal is so much more better. Firstly, when you spray this on (I like to spray some on a Kabuki, then blot) it feel so refreshing- its very cooling, and feels minty :) I find that Fix+ is similar, but less refreshing & more expensive. I love that the Ben Nye final seal actually will mattify you skin, wheras Fix + will make your skin more dewy. So, I still plan to purchases Fix+ because somedays I do enjoy using it (sometimes even in conjunction with Final Seal) but at the end of the day, I prefer Final Seal. I purchased a tiny bottle just to test it out, and it has lasted me about a year! So the larger size should last you a good 2 years or even more- depending on how often you use it. This is a must try product!

*update*

I am so upset :( CRC cosmetics no longer ships this to Canada! I should have purchased two of these before they made the restriction- Fix + is alright, but this really was my Holy Grail.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I read about it on Lacy's Makeup Blog (makeupbylacy.com) and I love it! Makeup does not like to stay on my face, which is a shame because my face loves makeup. Its an unrequited love. This stuff is like...a relationship counselor for the two. Haha.

I have only been using this for a few days but I notice a difference for sure in lasting time for my makeup. I use this almost everyday and so far, haven't seen any adverse skin effects. Some others mentioned it drying out their skin, but I don't really have dry skin to begin with and I use ACV as a toner, not a strictly alcohol based toner. So the alcohol in this doesn't dry me out.

I like the way it smells, minty. It doesn't stick around too long though so for those who dislike minty smells that shouldn't be too big of a problem
I bought the 2oz bottle for my purse, and it sprays great. Maybe the spray bottle packaging is luck of the draw but it would be easily transferable to another spritzer bottle.
Before you buy anything expensive to seal your makeup, give this a try! I bought mine from the International Fun Shop, which happens to be located in Seabrook, TX, not far from me. So I received this the next day. Anyone in Southeast Texas or Southwest Louisiana should consider ordering from them since it's so close and the shipping is quick!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I absolutely love this product. I don't know where its been all my life. If you want your makeup to stay on all day, not only that, but actually look good all day, then you have to try this! Honestly, I was a little skeptical at first because I've tried urban decay's all nighter setting spray which pretty much did nothing for me. So I was thinking about either getting skindinavia's or model in a bottle sprays. But they were both a little pricey for something I didn't know would work or not & most reviews on those two products are usually biased or the reviewer has been paid, so I don't trust it, plus I had notions that setting sprays were a bit gimmicky. But I ran into this while looking for setting spray reviews & there was nothing but positive reviews on this, so I bought it & will be getting a bigger bottle next time, holy grail product! The spray itself is kind of strong not a super fine mist & it smells like mouthwash which I don't mind. You can only slightly feel it on your skin for several seconds but it disappears after so does the scent. It doesn't feel tacky or hard. It doesn't totally mattify your face which to me, is a good thing, but I also get a little less oily throughout the day. But holy crap, this stuff is amazing! I've been testing it for weeks now & it just blows my mind. My makeup stays on all day & night & looks good for such a long time. It doesn't budge or smudge, it becomes non-transferable, & I believe even slightly waterproof. I can literally wipe the side of my face with my hand, & my makeup will not rub or come off at all! Its like your makeup just sticks to your face. Please, try this, you will not be disappointed, im so deeply in love with this product I can't say enough, plus its very affordable, this is coming from a girl who usually wears her makeup 15 hours at a time.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree with what msamber07 said below. It does keep makeup in place all day, but isn't an oil control product at least on my skin. I use it anyway even though it feels like your spitzing hair spray on your face.