August 23, 2014 | 1008 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

As much as I love MAC's famous Fix + (and have for the past 3 years) Ben Nye's Final Seal is so much more better. Firstly, when you spray this on (I like to spray some on a Kabuki, then blot) it feel so refreshing- its very cooling, and feels minty :) I find that Fix+ is similar, but less refreshing & more expensive. I love that the Ben Nye final seal actually will mattify you skin, wheras Fix + will make your skin more dewy. So, I still plan to purchases Fix+ because somedays I do enjoy using it (sometimes even in conjunction with Final Seal) but at the end of the day, I prefer Final Seal. I purchased a tiny bottle just to test it out, and it has lasted me about a year! So the larger size should last you a good 2 years or even more- depending on how often you use it. This is a must try product!

*update*

I am so upset :( CRC cosmetics no longer ships this to Canada! I should have purchased two of these before they made the restriction- Fix + is alright, but this really was my Holy Grail.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I read about it on Lacy's Makeup Blog (makeupbylacy.com) and I love it! Makeup does not like to stay on my face, which is a shame because my face loves makeup. Its an unrequited love. This stuff is like...a relationship counselor for the two. Haha.

I have only been using this for a few days but I notice a difference for sure in lasting time for my makeup. I use this almost everyday and so far, haven't seen any adverse skin effects. Some others mentioned it drying out their skin, but I don't really have dry skin to begin with and I use ACV as a toner, not a strictly alcohol based toner. So the alcohol in this doesn't dry me out.

I like the way it smells, minty. It doesn't stick around too long though so for those who dislike minty smells that shouldn't be too big of a problem
I bought the 2oz bottle for my purse, and it sprays great. Maybe the spray bottle packaging is luck of the draw but it would be easily transferable to another spritzer bottle.
Before you buy anything expensive to seal your makeup, give this a try! I bought mine from the International Fun Shop, which happens to be located in Seabrook, TX, not far from me. So I received this the next day. Anyone in Southeast Texas or Southwest Louisiana should consider ordering from them since it's so close and the shipping is quick!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I absolutely love this product. I don't know where its been all my life. If you want your makeup to stay on all day, not only that, but actually look good all day, then you have to try this! Honestly, I was a little skeptical at first because I've tried urban decay's all nighter setting spray which pretty much did nothing for me. So I was thinking about either getting skindinavia's or model in a bottle sprays. But they were both a little pricey for something I didn't know would work or not & most reviews on those two products are usually biased or the reviewer has been paid, so I don't trust it, plus I had notions that setting sprays were a bit gimmicky. But I ran into this while looking for setting spray reviews & there was nothing but positive reviews on this, so I bought it & will be getting a bigger bottle next time, holy grail product! The spray itself is kind of strong not a super fine mist & it smells like mouthwash which I don't mind. You can only slightly feel it on your skin for several seconds but it disappears after so does the scent. It doesn't feel tacky or hard. It doesn't totally mattify your face which to me, is a good thing, but I also get a little less oily throughout the day. But holy crap, this stuff is amazing! I've been testing it for weeks now & it just blows my mind. My makeup stays on all day & night & looks good for such a long time. It doesn't budge or smudge, it becomes non-transferable, & I believe even slightly waterproof. I can literally wipe the side of my face with my hand, & my makeup will not rub or come off at all! Its like your makeup just sticks to your face. Please, try this, you will not be disappointed, im so deeply in love with this product I can't say enough, plus its very affordable, this is coming from a girl who usually wears her makeup 15 hours at a time.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree with what msamber07 said below. It does keep makeup in place all day, but isn't an oil control product at least on my skin. I use it anyway even though it feels like your spitzing hair spray on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Final Seal. It is an excellent product. Definitely keeps my makeup in place ALL DAY. I spray some onto a clean cosmetic sponge and just blot it all over my face once I'm completely done applying my cosmetic products. I've worn this stuff in 90-degree heat and high humidity and my face did not budge! Also, it doesn't break me out or cause any irritation. If I could give this a 10, I would! The only drawback is that I've only been able to find/purchase it on the Internet.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Cheris202

This schlack WORKS! Its basically like a hairspray for your face. So.. a makeup spray. It actually works as a hairspray as well :-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This definitely keeps my makeup on all day, but it doesn't keep me from getting oily. It smells and feels very refreshing; very minty. It seems better than putting hairspray on your face, but essentially does the same job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

Ben Nye makes quality stuff, and this is definitely one of those products. I used more bottles than I can count back when I did theatre makeup. It really is like a varnish, sealing in heavy duty stage makeup. However, I really advise the average person to abstain from using this on a day to day basis. It's very very strong (most people I apply it to find that it makes the skin sting) and quite harsh on the skin. I find that over the course of 3 weeks, it can really wreck havoc on a person's face. This isn't made for daily use but to bind greasy pigmented stage makeup to the skin under lights for a performance.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews on this site & I'm quite impressed with it. It does keep my make-up on for longer than usual, but it doesn't make it waterproof (it is really humid where I live & perspiration is a given).

I tried to mist it on (hold it 20cm from my face above my head so it misted down onto my face), but this just made all of my make-up look speckled & gross. My next attempt was to spray my Napoleon Perdis 22b blush brush with 2-3 spritzes of the final seal them sweep it over my face (eyelids included). I've found this gives the best result - no speckled look, only a nice smooth flawless foundation look.

It does sting my eyes for a few seconds while I wait for it to dry, but I just close my eyes & wait for this stinging sensation to subside - definitely not bad enough to stop me from using this everyday. I use this in the morn & do my gardening & go to gym in my make-up that has been final sealed & even my partner commented on how fresh my make-up looks after all of my hard work when I use this final seal.

I'll be getting the 200ml bottle next time for $30AU - it seems to be the best value & I think I'll be using it daily so I might as well get the 2nd largest bottle that I can.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i was sick of my foundation and blush always coming off so i decided to try this. i also loved that it claimed to keep me matte, considering i have oily skin. after reading reviews and seeing that people had problems with the nozzle, i even bought an extra spray bottle but found that i didn't need it. my spray bottle works perfectly and mists perfectly. anyway, this keeps my foundation on and my blushes on and i am totally satisfied. the only problem is that this doesn't seem to keep me matte. i still get oily, but i suppose i will just have to deal.
edit: spraying this all over my face has been a problem. i don't like the idea of spraying my face, and i hate the way it feels after i've sprayed. and i don't like the smell either. it smells like strong rubbing alcohol. also, i have accidentally sprayed myself in the eye and ruined my makeup. not fun.
so overall, it keeps my makeup on, with the price of the bad smell, feeling and stinging of the gross liquid on your face, and not keeping you matte.