October 21, 2014 | 973 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by GlitterAndMetal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have nothing but praise for this product so far. I have used it on Ben Nye Creme colors when I attended a feast in the summer heat and even had water poured on my face. The face painting didn't even budge. I also used it when I took part in a concert. We had to wear a suit even though the temperatures were high so I knew that I would end up sweating. With the Final Seal every aspect of my makeup (foundation, eyeshadow, non waterproof eyeliner and mascara, blusher) remained intact. I highly recommend it. One has to be careful when applying it - keep your eyes closed, spray in the air, let it fall on your face and wait for a few seconds until it dries.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by keia1113

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product. Keeps makeup looking like it was freshly applied. It smells like peppermint and does make skin feel tight after spraying, but it lives up to its claim, and is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Rwood1

NO ONE COMES CLOSE TO THIS SETTING SPRAY!
This is THE BEST in the makeup world HANDS DOWN!
Sets quick , no retouches needed otherwise you'll RUIN everything.
Can't live without this, it's some what expensive only because of the shipping cost ( they consider it to be a hazardous chemical for some reason....) but still is AWSOME with a minty tingly feeling!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

As much as I love MAC's famous Fix + (and have for the past 3 years) Ben Nye's Final Seal is so much more better. Firstly, when you spray this on (I like to spray some on a Kabuki, then blot) it feel so refreshing- its very cooling, and feels minty :) I find that Fix+ is similar, but less refreshing & more expensive. I love that the Ben Nye final seal actually will mattify you skin, wheras Fix + will make your skin more dewy. So, I still plan to purchases Fix+ because somedays I do enjoy using it (sometimes even in conjunction with Final Seal) but at the end of the day, I prefer Final Seal. I purchased a tiny bottle just to test it out, and it has lasted me about a year! So the larger size should last you a good 2 years or even more- depending on how often you use it. This is a must try product!

*update*

I am so upset :( CRC cosmetics no longer ships this to Canada! I should have purchased two of these before they made the restriction- Fix + is alright, but this really was my Holy Grail.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I read about it on Lacy's Makeup Blog (makeupbylacy.com) and I love it! Makeup does not like to stay on my face, which is a shame because my face loves makeup. Its an unrequited love. This stuff is like...a relationship counselor for the two. Haha.

I have only been using this for a few days but I notice a difference for sure in lasting time for my makeup. I use this almost everyday and so far, haven't seen any adverse skin effects. Some others mentioned it drying out their skin, but I don't really have dry skin to begin with and I use ACV as a toner, not a strictly alcohol based toner. So the alcohol in this doesn't dry me out.

I like the way it smells, minty. It doesn't stick around too long though so for those who dislike minty smells that shouldn't be too big of a problem
I bought the 2oz bottle for my purse, and it sprays great. Maybe the spray bottle packaging is luck of the draw but it would be easily transferable to another spritzer bottle.
Before you buy anything expensive to seal your makeup, give this a try! I bought mine from the International Fun Shop, which happens to be located in Seabrook, TX, not far from me. So I received this the next day. Anyone in Southeast Texas or Southwest Louisiana should consider ordering from them since it's so close and the shipping is quick!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by karinaFresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, I absolutely love this product. I don't know where its been all my life. If you want your makeup to stay on all day, not only that, but actually look good all day, then you have to try this! Honestly, I was a little skeptical at first because I've tried urban decay's all nighter setting spray which pretty much did nothing for me. So I was thinking about either getting skindinavia's or model in a bottle sprays. But they were both a little pricey for something I didn't know would work or not & most reviews on those two products are usually biased or the reviewer has been paid, so I don't trust it, plus I had notions that setting sprays were a bit gimmicky. But I ran into this while looking for setting spray reviews & there was nothing but positive reviews on this, so I bought it & will be getting a bigger bottle next time, holy grail product! The spray itself is kind of strong not a super fine mist & it smells like mouthwash which I don't mind. You can only slightly feel it on your skin for several seconds but it disappears after so does the scent. It doesn't feel tacky or hard. It doesn't totally mattify your face which to me, is a good thing, but I also get a little less oily throughout the day. But holy crap, this stuff is amazing! I've been testing it for weeks now & it just blows my mind. My makeup stays on all day & night & looks good for such a long time. It doesn't budge or smudge, it becomes non-transferable, & I believe even slightly waterproof. I can literally wipe the side of my face with my hand, & my makeup will not rub or come off at all! Its like your makeup just sticks to your face. Please, try this, you will not be disappointed, im so deeply in love with this product I can't say enough, plus its very affordable, this is coming from a girl who usually wears her makeup 15 hours at a time.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree with what msamber07 said below. It does keep makeup in place all day, but isn't an oil control product at least on my skin. I use it anyway even though it feels like your spitzing hair spray on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Final Seal. It is an excellent product. Definitely keeps my makeup in place ALL DAY. I spray some onto a clean cosmetic sponge and just blot it all over my face once I'm completely done applying my cosmetic products. I've worn this stuff in 90-degree heat and high humidity and my face did not budge! Also, it doesn't break me out or cause any irritation. If I could give this a 10, I would! The only drawback is that I've only been able to find/purchase it on the Internet.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Cheris202

This schlack WORKS! Its basically like a hairspray for your face. So.. a makeup spray. It actually works as a hairspray as well :-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by missamber07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This definitely keeps my makeup on all day, but it doesn't keep me from getting oily. It smells and feels very refreshing; very minty. It seems better than putting hairspray on your face, but essentially does the same job.