April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Shampoo - Kiehls - Amino Acid Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I swear. This makes my hair shiny. But also makes my scalp oily when I skip shampooing for a day.

Btw. I color my hair with pure henna and indigo.

UPDATE: After my shampoo journey, I find that this baby is the best shampoo for your hair if you prefer daily-washing or lives in a hot humid climate. I changed my rating to 5.

However, if you don't wash your hair everyday but when you do you take time rinsing it (3 mins at least and finish off with cold splash), the best one is Sisley. But the price will slap you off.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product when a small bottle came with an online Saks purchase I had made. Absolutely loving the coconut smell, I bought a huge bottle of it. Well, I still love the smell, but I just don't find that it does much for my hair. I have thick, wavy, color treated hair and I really need a product specifically for those needs. This one does not do that, although it does not claim that it does either. I still use it every once in a while, but it just doesn't do enough for my hair that I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by hollylu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Having been using this product for a while.
Smells amazing, but I need to put a lot everytime I use it, and without the conditioner, I just feel a bit of try.
But with the conditioner, it just makes my hair super soft. Feels good!
Will buy it again and also want to try other Kiehls hair product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a sample and was able to make it last through a few showers because as I remember it (this was a while ago, when they had just come out with Amino) the lather is really rich and a little goes a long way. I don't know what it is about this product (most likely the coconut oil) but when I came out of the shower and dried my hair, it was the silkiest and shiniest and lushest and fullest that I had ever seen it! I mean it seriously looked FAB. I did a little happy dance b/c I thought I had found my HG shampoo but sadly it was not to be. By the early evening, I was in Exxon-Valdez country- I've never see it that oily!

So I give it a 3- because no shampoo has ever made my hair look fabulous and terrible in the same day- only Kiehl's Amino Acid holds that dubious distinction!

P.S.- As my scalp is oily-prone, I wouldn't have gone out and actively sought a product whose main ingredient was coconut oil. But it was a sample so I thought "what the heck" and also on their website, Kiehl's lists it as being a product for 'all' hairtypes. Hmm...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I am just finishing my first big bottle of this and will run to the Kiehl's store to get another one when this one is done. I have fine, normal hair and this is a great shampoo for it. I have a pixie cut so I use a ton of paste and wax every day to get my hair to give it the shape and structure I need. I use this shampoo everyday to get rid of the gunk and it does so beautifully but without stripping the oils from my hair.

Every time I get a haircut, my stylist tells me the condition of my hair is great. It's shiny, clean but not stripped, soft and healthy. I do not use conditioner on my hair -- just this shampoo and some styling products. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Velma58

Very gentle and moisturizing shampoo. Smells great. I wouldn't use this everyday as it would be a bit heavy, but once or twice a week is good. Works great for my husband since he doesn't use a daily conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 5:29:00 AM More reviews by rouge_noir

A friend brought me this from the US a few months ago, and when I finished the bottle I searched up and down eBay until I scored a 16oz bottle, that's how much I love this shampoo! I have abundant but fine hair, flat but with unexpected kinks, and oily prone. I tried all sorts of shampoos and conditioners. With conditioner, my hair was manageable but got oily fast; without conditioner, it would get all sorts of weird, especially in winter humid weather. Also, shampoo for oily hair seemed to only make it worse. I finally got my hair manageable with a combination of Amino Acid in the first wash, L'Oreal color shampoo in the second wash (for my highlights), no conditioner and only a few spritzes of thermal protector and then blow-drying. I plan to keep on using this shampoo for a very long time.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2007 4:39:00 PM More reviews by lawchic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo made my hair really really oily. I used it twice and looked like I hadn't washed my hair in a week both times. I returned it to NM. My hair is highlighted, very fine but thick.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2007 3:05:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Love this coconut shampoo and the conditioner, They had a wonderful large size bottle which was awesome size for my long hair,and for my every day usage BUT NOW, Neiman Marcus who rents the stall for this Keihl's dept, has decided to reduce the size of there coconut shampoo and sell it in a smaller sizes!! I AM FOR SURE BOYCOTTING this product until i find the large size of this shampoo again,...somewhere, I am looking for a 16 oz bottle or larger, yeah i know, Good luck, I wont be able to find one locally here for that 16 oz size? now its 8 oz, (JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Maiamaia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shampoo. My hair looks very shiny and healthy after using it. However, it is a little too heavy for my fine, curly hair to handle everyday so I use it twice a week. I have already repurchased.