Almay Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

3.3

on 4/10/2007 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yew... I bought the light/medium one and it did not match my skin tone at all (Chinese). It also didn't go on smoothly and I had the feeling that it gave me ugly pimples. Never using it again. It definitely isn't worth the money.

on 3/28/2007 10:26:00 AM

I bought this powder (light/medium) because i have been breaking out a lot recently and thought this would help. I have used covergirl for years before and i have to say that the almay makeup suits me a lot better. It matches my skin better and it literally feels lighter and less cakey than covergirl. I felt like my skin could actually breathe, which is a plus. I was going to get neutrogena makeup but their color selection is pretty lame.

It did not prevent pimples for me 100% but i feel that it is my fault because they are caused by stress and i do not eat sweets and i use every product to try to prevent it but my stress keeps making it come back. i do think my blemishes are fading though...

I thought the packaging was weird at first but now i think it is cute and small. The sponge that it came with is total garbage. I wear a thin layer of almay foundation as well and the sponge seems to wipe off the foundation more than applying any powder.. so im going to buy a brush to apply this powder.

All in all i do like the make up and i will buy again. I like how it makes my skin feel and it looks more natural. It doesnt prevent stress induced acne though!

This product has a very weird texture to it, the powder is so thick and yucky! when i put this on, it immediately makes my skin look chalky. it doesn't really control oil that well anyway. and it does nothing to clear up my skin. I think i'll go for somehting that has a finer texture.

on 3/11/2007 6:13:00 PM

This product is okay. It blends pretty easily, although the color is slightly orange-ish, in my opinion. ( Light/Medium ). It didn't cause any breakouts. And it did keep my skin shine-free.

on 3/1/2007 4:02:00 PM

THis is okay. It gets rid of shine considering i only use it to blot, and doesnt make breakouts worse.

AAAAgh! I have also been devoted to this powder for over 10 years, now I don't know what I'm going to do. Does anyone have any suggestions for DS powders in translucent?
Good bye my silver compact, you were so loyal for so long.

Edit: I just purchased NYC Color powder in translucent for $1.79, and I love it. Incredible. I might even through out what remains of the Almay, the NYC has a much softer, finer texture. I guess I'll wait to make sure it doesn't disagree with my skin, though.

on 1/16/2007 1:45:00 AM

I really love the formula of this powder. I have used Lancome's Dual Finish in Porcelain Delicate and this is the only powder I have used that came close to looking as good on my skin. BUT, I bought it and as soon as I opened it up it started breaking up. Before I had it for two weeks it was totally busted up and I threw it away. I thought maybe there was a hairline crack in it when I purchased it so I stupidly bought it again and the same thing happened. I don't know what the deal is, but I am not going to waste my money on a product that junks up my make up bag.

on 10/2/2006 10:40:00 AM

This got a lot of bad reviews, but I like it. (I even like the packaging...) I can't tell that it has particularly cleared up my face, but it's a good powder. Looks natural, stays on pretty well. My skin is fair and I didn't have any trouble finding a colour that suited me.

on 10/1/2006 9:56:00 PM

This powder was decent for my oily skin - not miraculous, but decent - but I am so disappointed that after about 2 wks. it has broken into a million pieces. It's way too fragile for a compact powder. I thought it was a bit expensive for a drug store purchase, anyway...definitely now that it hasn't lasted very long at all. I won't be repurchasing.

on 7/20/2006 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because I have heard such great things about Almay. While it isn't a bad product, it is a little too orangey if you put too much on and I hate the tacky yellow package. It's sorta ackward to open and close, in my opinion. I think in the future I will stick with Maybelline or Cover Girl powders as they have a wider variety of shades for fair skin.