Dove Essential Nutrients - Night Cream

Ingredients Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-10, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroly Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Linolenic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander) Seed Oil, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate), Stearic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Sodium PCA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Nice product. Almost any lotion or cream makes my face look greasy and it inevitably breaks me out (horribly, I might add). I have avoided lotion for the past 6 years, using handsoap on my face to prevent breakouts, deathly afraid of any moisturizer.

This cream is white and has a light, cold, creamy scent to it. It is of a nice texture, not too thick, not too greasy. It didn't realy break me out that much, and it was soothing and good. Very good for winter skin. I only wish I had it with me a few months ago. continued >>

This is a fantastic product. The cream is lightweight and is absorbed by skin quickly, leaving a matte finish to my skin. It is an excellent moisturiser, not sticky or greasy and providing a good amount of hydration. It is a tad expensive for what you get but the price is defenitely worth it in my opinion -- it is too bad this is being discontinued by Dove in favour of an anti-aging product.

on 3/17/2005 3:47:00 PM

This cream is awesome! No breakouts, no awful unnecessary smell,and no greasy feel!!! Big changes in my skin and all for the better! Will always keep this one handy.

on 3/12/2005 6:28:00 PM

This is a wonderful winter night cream (haven't tried it in summer). It's very soothing for flaky/irritated skin from dry heat. It doesn't aggravate my skin even during my monthly breakout. This and a glass of water before bed and I always wake up with a healthy glow.

I only use this at night during the winter when my skin is really dry. It's SUPER moisturizing. Sometimes almost greasy if I use too much. Whenever my skin has had enough and is red/itchy/dry this really, really helps. I washed my face one day and my face was very red and itchy. I dabbed a cold, damp washcloth on my face and applied this quickly while my face was still moist and it felt very soothing. I will repurchase!!

on 2/10/2005 11:59:00 PM

I was sucked into buying this because of all the 'nutrients' & 'vitamins' it contained (especially green tea!)But after using it it looked like I got a huge sqaure of butter and rubbed it all over my face. Im sorry for being dramatic but i can't stand a greasy moisturiser especially for a night cream. And i have dry skin so this stuff must be really greasy.Im probably better off using my Nivea Day Cream with SPF 15 at night than this one lol.

on 2/6/2005 11:24:00 AM

It's called here in the Netherlands Essential Elements. But the ingredients are identical. And I must say this is by far one of the best creams I've used, and I use a lot, almost always from a brands like Chanel, Helena Rubinstein e.z.v. My skin is normal/combo, in the winter becomes a bit dry and there is nothing else to calm and soften it as this cream does. Perfect! I wish the day cream/lotion were also in Europ with SPF15, but unfortunately they have an SPF4, which makes them useless for during the day.

on 1/8/2005 10:12:00 PM

I like this cream pretty well, it keeps my cheeks and neck from getting flaky. I need to use jojoba oil for my forehead, but that clogs the pores near my nose. The smell doesn't bother me, as it is the green tea that you are smelling. I use all the face products pretty regularly.

Ick, avoid this product if you have small pores and combination skin. I tried it and it made me break out soooo bad! Plz stay away from it, I haven't gotten rid of the acne scars I have from it.

on 12/31/2004 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this product - I've gone through a whole jar and I hardly ever do that. I have very dry, sensitive skin with eczema. It hasn't flaired up my eczema or given me any zits. I think I will try a second jar.

Popular Moisturizers