MAC Frost - Sable

4.6

on 10/13/2011 5:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've been wearing this every day for the past week or so. It's basically a great lazy color for me because I can use it all over my lids, blend it out with some kind of matte highlight color and I instantly look put together. It's multidimensional enough to look great on it's own, but also works well with other colors. I love reddish browns like this because they make the green in my eyes stand out and a little more interesting to look at than just plain brown. Definitely a staple for me.

on 9/14/2011 8:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Looks brown in the pan, but on my skin (NC 30) it turns into this champagney-rosey-bronze color. I quite like it.

on 7/2/2011 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a color it took me sooo long to pluck up the courage to try on. Eventually I did, and I've now come to think it's beautiful, but you need to be careful how you apply it, or it's almost certain it's gonna make you look sick. I used to think of it as a warmer Satin Taupe, but in fact it looks way warmer on, so I don't compare the two anymore. This is a frosty, rosy-bronzy taupe color. It's quite warm, it looks kinda copperish on the eye - which is so pretty, but that's about as copper as I'll ever go; when I used it for a smoky look I lined my entire eye with black too, just to make sure I wouldn't look tired. A special effect this had on my eyes which greatly surprised me, was it seemed to bring out their brown color! This made no sense to me at all, normally those warm orangey/coppery shades look wonderful on blue or green eyes, whilst they do nothing much for brown... but something happened, I don't know, maybe it picked up whatever green undertones my brown eyes might have (of which I know none), and it made them look slightly hazel from a distance. So yes, go for it. If I did it, you can too. Its pigmentation and payoff is amazing so it's gonna look very impressive if you wear it right. Would repurchase.

on 6/23/2011 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Absolutely gorgeous color with great metallic sheen! It's not quite brown but not quite purple either - hard to describe the color. When I first brought this home I was a bit disappointed and thought about returning as it pulled a little too red on my lids. But then I used my Benefit Birthday Suit as a base and voila!! Now I have the perfect warm taupey burgandy brown. Goes on effortlessly, I can see this being a flattering color for all eye colors.

on 6/14/2011 3:40:00 PM

This is a beautiful color! It's a hard color to describe but I would call it a plummy bronzy brown. It is gorgeous paired with many other colors. Everyone should have a color like this in their collection. It would flatter all skin tones and eye colors. I found that it really brings the green in my eyes out, which is really nice :)

on 6/13/2011 10:38:00 AM

One of my favourite MAC eyeshadows. It is kind of plum/brozzy/brown, a neutral colour. I pair it usually with twinks, trax or sketch.

on 5/30/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My first ever MAC eyeshadow! Love... its such a great color. Can be used packed on lid or as a great crease color, day or night. I love the texture, all round great stuff!

on 5/8/2011 5:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this for a work color and that is all I find myself really using it for, don't get me wrong this is a lovely color and I'm glad I got it because it is a nice work color, I don't use it for much else. I guess I'll experiment with it and see if I can actually work it into my daily routine.

on 4/27/2011 12:04:00 AM

Love this, one of my day staples. Perfect Brown that has a hint of plum/red that brings out my green eyes! Can be worn all over the lid, as well as a in the crease. I love pairing it with All That Glitters or Naked Lunch.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sable is quite similar to Satin Taupe in my opinion. Satin Taupe has very pretty pink plummy shimmer. Also depends on how the light hits on it whereas Sable has reddish shimmer. It is also very pretty but Satin Taupe is more versatile. Some might not be able to take the reddish tones in sable so beware. But if you look good in sable, I would say go for it. Personally I would go for Satin Taupe and if you really like reddish tones eyeshadow, twinks will be the choice.

Top Rated MAC Products