Avene Cold Cream Lip Balm

3.1

I like this balm a lot.
I don't use it during the day, I just put it on my lips during the night - and I am very satisfied.
The condition of my lips changed for good after just a few days of using this.

on 12/4/2008 11:31:00 AM

Horrible stuff! Bought this because it said it was non-comedogenic but left me with horrible white lips and didn't get rid of any flakes.

on 11/10/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to say that this little thing work's wonder's for me, I have the most driest lips on earth, cracking 1cm deep, and the only thing that work's till now it my HG Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss Clinique that I will be still in love but it's nice to have something else that works. Many people complain about the sheen, but actually for me it's works very well and almost looks like a lipstick.

on 11/8/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this lipbalm. I don't really get chappd lips but I always put something on my lips at night to prevent getting chapped lips. I find this quite moisturizing. I actually like the white cast it give as it tones down the red in my lips. Its very expensive for a lipbalm, $14 CDN but I feel its worth it.

on 10/22/2008 5:57:00 AM

Reviewers are complaining about this not being a pretty lip balm...when has cold cream ever been cosmetically elegant?This is a healing/barrier balm & it does its job well.I dont wear this for day wear as it does leave a white film (which is not unlike Chapstick/Labello). I use this lip balm for running outdoors & for night time.It protects & heals my lips - so it does what it claims to do!Nice chubby little tube too.Another winner from Avene.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Not too horrid...I feel it hydrates pretty well. I like the white film, it's funny looking....who cares as long as it heals right? As long as it's not so white that it looks like I specifically put cream cheese on. When I bought this at CVS and got it home and opened it to use it...it smelled bad and I put it on and it tasted gross and was like sour. It stung my tougue...ya know like stale OLD and rotten. So, I chopped it in 1/2 and the stale fairy did not yet get to it down below and inside...just the top portion, so it's ok now. I guess CVS has had it laying there for a few years. Oh well....it's decent now for a quick fix.

on 12/3/2007 9:01:00 AM

I actually love this lip balm. It's my favorite. Yes, it does leave a white film on lips, but it's only bothersome if you pile it on. If you apply lightly, the white sheen is actually quite lovely and not too obvious. I found this VERY moisturizing, unlike many lip treatments I've tried. This summer, I spent every single day for 2 months at the beach, and though my now toned, tan body didn't mind (hehe), my lips really suffered. This is the only thing that healed them.

This Avene lip balm is my HG, along with Blistex Lip Conditioner (which is amazing as well) and the original Labello (blue packaging).

I took away one lippy because if you do apply too much, the white film is hideous. But again, if applied lightly, the discreet whiteness looks very sophisticated and, dare I say...sexy.

I really love Avene products, but not this one. It leaves a white film on the lips and I really don't feel any moisture at all. Just white grease.

on 5/7/2007 6:24:00 AM

This is yuck yuck and yuck! leave white patches on lips. thick and greasy. not moisturizing. feels like heel balm on your lips. a relatively cheap chapstick is way way better!!

on 3/17/2007 4:36:00 PM

Not very effective against really dry lips. It's very rich and greasy (no white lips, though), but doesn't give any moisture to lips. Would not buy again.