April 19, 2014 | 1099 users online

Lip Treatments - Avene - Cold Cream Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 2:11:00 AM More reviews by CherryBanana

I love this lipbalm. I don't really get chappd lips but I always put something on my lips at night to prevent getting chapped lips. I find this quite moisturizing. I actually like the white cast it give as it tones down the red in my lips. Its very expensive for a lipbalm, $14 CDN but I feel its worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Reviewers are complaining about this not being a pretty lip balm...when has cold cream ever been cosmetically elegant?This is a healing/barrier balm & it does its job well.I dont wear this for day wear as it does leave a white film (which is not unlike Chapstick/Labello). I use this lip balm for running outdoors & for night time.It protects & heals my lips - so it does what it claims to do!Nice chubby little tube too.Another winner from Avene.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by diorandvuitton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not too horrid...I feel it hydrates pretty well. I like the white film, it's funny looking....who cares as long as it heals right? As long as it's not so white that it looks like I specifically put cream cheese on. When I bought this at CVS and got it home and opened it to use it...it smelled bad and I put it on and it tasted gross and was like sour. It stung my tougue...ya know like stale OLD and rotten. So, I chopped it in 1/2 and the stale fairy did not yet get to it down below and inside...just the top portion, so it's ok now. I guess CVS has had it laying there for a few years. Oh well....it's decent now for a quick fix.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by bagella

I actually love this lip balm. It's my favorite. Yes, it does leave a white film on lips, but it's only bothersome if you pile it on. If you apply lightly, the white sheen is actually quite lovely and not too obvious. I found this VERY moisturizing, unlike many lip treatments I've tried. This summer, I spent every single day for 2 months at the beach, and though my now toned, tan body didn't mind (hehe), my lips really suffered. This is the only thing that healed them.

This Avene lip balm is my HG, along with Blistex Lip Conditioner (which is amazing as well) and the original Labello (blue packaging).

I took away one lippy because if you do apply too much, the white film is hideous. But again, if applied lightly, the discreet whiteness looks very sophisticated and, dare I say...sexy.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by cameliaflower

I really love Avene products, but not this one. It leaves a white film on the lips and I really don't feel any moisture at all. Just white grease.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by amandatan18

This is yuck yuck and yuck! leave white patches on lips. thick and greasy. not moisturizing. feels like heel balm on your lips. a relatively cheap chapstick is way way better!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by roguenicy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not very effective against really dry lips. It's very rich and greasy (no white lips, though), but doesn't give any moisture to lips. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't really like this. It leaves this white film and doesn't feel hydrating enough. But it's good for one thing though - I can apply it in cold weather and I feel it protects my lips from freezing and chapping. I appreciate it now when it's -15 C. For that reason alone I give it 3 lippies. But I won't repurchase. EDIT: ok, I've tolerated this long enough, it's time to throw it out. I was waiting for something that would justify the high price, some quality I was not careful enough to notice at the beginning, but it really does not add any moisture.. ugh! Why is it so expensive when it's so useless?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing lip balm it has shea butter and it really really moisturizes and soothes my poor chapped lips!! :) i love it can't survive a winter without it!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good product, but unfortunately didn't work for me. (But then again, I have really bad case of dry/chapped lips, it's rare that something actually works) I said this product was good, because everyone else who tried it was satisfied and I think some even bought it. Everyone, except me. :( An hour or so after application my lips were as dry as before. Really wanted to like this one, but it didn't work out. Sad.