July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Lip Liners - Rimmel - Exaggerate - Addiction 018

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by youngat40

I purchased this after reading the reviews here and I LOVE IT. It matches my natural lipcolor perfectly. It also doesn't seem to wear off quickly as have other liners that I have tried. I am definitely going to purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by skagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice neutral color. I use it when i want to define my lips a little more when i wear clear or nude gloss. Its very creamy and glides on smoothly. However, it doesn't last very long. Rimmel's other lip liner, 1,000 kisses, lasts longer than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mich_kristen

The perfect YLBB lipliner, plus it's cheap and available pretty much everywhere. I use this everyday and repurchase often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 4:16:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

In my endless search for the perfect nude liner, I picked up a couple of the Rimmel liners on a whim for about 3-4 bucks each at Target recently. Addiction was one of the choices. I bought this along with the Tiramisu and Wild Clover shades, and of them all, this one is my favorite. It is pretty much an exact match for my lips, making it the perfect nude, no-brainer liner. Also, it is an automatic pencil that doesn't require sharpening. (I hate pencils that need sharpening!) The finish is a bit sheerer than the either Tiramisu and Wild Clover, and lasting power is about the same as most liners I've used. Overall, a very good value. Lipliner is one thing I really don't like to spend a whole lot of money on, and this fills the bill. Definite repurchase, since on me, this really comes darn close to the ideal nude liner. Not HG yet, but until I find something that more closely matches my lipcolor, I'll keep buying and using it. For 4 bucks, definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2007 3:42:00 AM More reviews by macgirl619

I was at Target the other night and bought this on a whim for under 4 bucks. I think I finally found my HG nude l/l! This is almost identical to my own lip color and the only one I've found that doesnt look orange on me. It's what I dreamed MAC Spice would be ^_^ (which sucked) I use it almost daily and I will repurchase no doubt

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 5:20:00 PM More reviews by kate_rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this, then lost it and was really gutted, then forgot which one it was I had bought, then bought the right one again by accident one day. It's a perfect match for my lip colour and goes on nicely, but lacks staying power. I'm not much of a lip-stuff girl anyway - I always lick it off and can't be bothered to reapply it! Nice and cheap, and no sharpener required.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 6:00:00 AM More reviews by piano_geek

Tired of all those "nude" and "neutral" liners that leave you looking orangy or muddy? Finally, a liner for ladies with cool undertones that is everything MAC Spice is for the girls with warmer complexions--subtle, just-a-bit-better-than-you-were-born-with, and infinitely versatile. This liner looks great when you blend it with lip balm for an imperceptible boost of colour, or when applied to the whole lip and then topped with a sheer gloss. Lightly line your lips with this after you've applied dark lip colour--you won't be left with the normal lip liner ring and your lip colour won't bleed or feather.

I love this product despite its having what I think are two, albeit miniscule, shorcomings. First, I suspected that the name "Exaggerate" was meant to imply that this lip liner has lip-plumping properties. The product description on the Rimmel website ("Exaggerate Lip Liner is a soft textured, fine tipped automatic liner that gives full volume color definition to the lips.") seems to confirm this. Although this does make your lips a bit more pronounced, the definition that any liner provides will do the same. I know that many cosmetic companies routinely make far more deceptive claims about their products, but it still kind of irks me that such a good product is being marketed in a misleading fashion. Don't play that game, Rimmel--with this liner you don't need to!
Secondly, I wish this liner had a little more staying power, as I find myself having to reapply slightly more frequently than with other liners. Both these aspects, however, are trivial enough that I don't think they detract from such an outstanding cosmetic.

There is nothing worse than knowing about a great product, but not being able to give it a try because it is prohibitively expensive or not sold where you live.This product has both the (low) price and (ubiquitous) availability that hardly excludes anyone. If you have pink undertones, go out and pick one of these up--I hope it becomes a valuable staple for you like it has for me!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Xinya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Study package. Nice nude color. Great if you applied a gloss afterwards. Reasonable price. Will definately purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Beautyproductjunkie

This is a great neutral liner, not too brown or grey or dirtlike or pink or orange... These Exaggerate automatic lip liners are creamy, easy to apply, and are high quality. Under 5 bucks, you can afford to experiment. Good staying power. Highly reccomend, you'll be impressed! Get any color, but this one is a good basic one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

I was looking for a dupe of MAC Subculture and settled for this. While it's not an exact dupe, it's still a pretty good drugstore product at $4.99. Addiction is slightly rosy while Subculture is more light and peachy, so Addiction is probably a better dupe for MAC Whirl than Subculture. Instead of canceling out the color of my pigmented lips, Addiction matches it, so I don't quite get a nude lip look out if this, but it's still a nice and creamy lipliner. I also like the automatic pencil-like packaging that doesn't require sharpening. If you're looking for a gloss liner in a shade similar to Addiction, try Rimmel lip vinyl liner in Tasty. It's almost the same as Addiction but in a gel-like consistency that goes better with lip glosses.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No