July 23, 2014 | 2118 users online

Polishes - Milani - Nail Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are pretty nice and well priced but I find them so much stinkier than every other brand of polish! Weird. I have Disco Lights, which is all pink glitter...the kind that actually shows up and can be opaque with 3 coats and Garnet Gems, a black creme with red glitter...a Lubu Heels dupe that is actually petter than the original....so they are infact nice and always have trendy shades but just super smelly. Its something I will put up with for the right color but not for every shade. So I took one lipstick off for the heavy smell but I will repurchase if a shade catches my eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Lots of colors and so cheap. I have to touch up daily b/c polish chips off the edge of my nails. But, that's every polish I have tried. Applies smoothly. Good product from Milani.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by paperdove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like these polishes too much. I bought Peach Creme and Whitest White. Peach Creme is a sheer pink color. The color is like OPI's Bubble Bath. With both, you need a few coats to tell it's pink. Whitest White is just as the name says (color is like white-out). These take a long time to dry completely and they chip pretty quickly. I also found these to be too thin and watery for my liking. The gloss/shine also seemed to wear off quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 10:13:00 AM More reviews by JCgirlie

I bought my first nail polish by Milani - reddest red - and I love it! The color is a nice deep red. It was only $3 or so. Polish went on nicely and lasted several days. Would buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by horsienut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried Milani Nail Laquer in Magenta Metal - a gorgeous metallic magenta with blue undertones. Polish went on well but needed 3 coats for opacity. Color dried a little dull but a topcoat brought the gloss back. It looked great for 3 days, but on day 4 it started to chip horribly, and touch-ups were futile as they would chip almost immediately.
I thought my first experience may have been a fluke so I tried it again this week with exactly the same results, chipping horribly after day 3 (I always get 5-6 days without chipping with my holy grail Avon Nailwear). Polish is cheap enough but I don't have the time to re-do it every 4 days, so this one's going in the trash :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2006 6:47:00 PM More reviews by jinxkat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for Glitzy Stars. What a lovely topcoat. Did not mean to purchase nail polish today, but it caught my eye. It is a great top dazzler with very fine, yet profuse glitter. I love it. A beautiful silver-white that can be used in numerous ways. As usual, the great Milani quality as far as application & drying time. Love it because it is not over the top, giant glitter chunks. Milani really had it down.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jump12

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought Milani in Sweetie Pie when it was onsale and I'm in love. It's a gorgeous color and dries incredibly smoothly. My only complaint is that I need to put on three coats to get some real color, which can be annoying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

Blargh! This is cheap crap. It takes forever to dry and it chips in a hurry. Such a shame, as this is the only brand in which I can consistently find black nail polish. Which means I do repurchase it in that color only. I combine it with Orly nail bonder and a good topcoat to get it to last and to dry faster.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried Milani polish in Bella Berry, Sweetest Pink, Pink Lady, Electric Pink, Pink Pop, Juicy Glo, and Playful! Their formulas tend to run the gamut from very thin and streaky to perfect. If they err it's generally on the too thin side- I've never had a goopy Milani but I have had some that take 3 coats to get bottle color or that streak. In general I like the control thinner polish gives you as long as it's true to bottle color so it's all good. I have to give them high marks for a nice color range with less cliche drugstore colors than normal, very cheap prices, and lovely staying power. The application can be a PITA sometimes but once you get that Milani on, you wont want to take it off (and it wont come off)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2006 11:37:00 PM More reviews by socra_tease_me

The only reason I have more OPIs than Milanis is because OPI has a bigger variety of colors... but Milani is a REALLY great brand! The first time I got it, was when they were having a special at Ulta of buy one get one free (I ended up getting 6 for like $13) and I was blown away! It didn't start chipping till a week later, and the colors are all beautiful. I always check out the Milani nailpolish now if I'm at a drugstore.