Milani Nail Lacquer

3.8

Not tested on animals

Milani blows everything out of the water!
the lasting power is amazing
i was shocked to see that it stayed like NEW for a week and a half, i have never seen such amazing staying power.

up until 2 months ago it was all about OPI and Essie polishes
but why in the world do we spend almost $9 on it if we can get better quality?

true OPI, China Glaze and Essie have a wider color range, but who needs hundreds of shades of pinks when they all chip after two days?

milani colors are very pigmented, and two coats gives you the true bottle color and they are only about $2-3.... much more worth-it right?

(a great way to have the lasting power and use up your other polishes,is for example on a bare nail ill but the milani color on ,that matchs what i wanna layer with like "ready to wear red" wait till its try and but a darker OPI over it, one coat of each and you get color with depth! i love it)

this is my newww HG polish.........i recommend giving it a try.
personally im not going back to that overpriced crap. DONE.

on 7/19/2008 5:30:00 AM

this is my first and last milani purchase. it actually looks like a higher end nail polish so i bought it because i saw a nice color - cool vibe. i was looking for some type of purple & this was all target had at the time. the color is true - as in it looks like the color in the bottle, BUT the polish is completely dull - there is no shine. you HAVE to put a clear coat.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are pretty nice and well priced but I find them so much stinkier than every other brand of polish! Weird. I have Disco Lights, which is all pink glitter...the kind that actually shows up and can be opaque with 3 coats and Garnet Gems, a black creme with red glitter...a Lubu Heels dupe that is actually petter than the original....so they are infact nice and always have trendy shades but just super smelly. Its something I will put up with for the right color but not for every shade. So I took one lipstick off for the heavy smell but I will repurchase if a shade catches my eye.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Lots of colors and so cheap. I have to touch up daily b/c polish chips off the edge of my nails. But, that's every polish I have tried. Applies smoothly. Good product from Milani.

on 8/5/2007 6:19:00 PM

I didn't like these polishes too much. I bought Peach Creme and Whitest White. Peach Creme is a sheer pink color. The color is like OPI's Bubble Bath. With both, you need a few coats to tell it's pink. Whitest White is just as the name says (color is like white-out). These take a long time to dry completely and they chip pretty quickly. I also found these to be too thin and watery for my liking. The gloss/shine also seemed to wear off quickly.

on 7/17/2007 10:13:00 AM

I bought my first nail polish by Milani - reddest red - and I love it! The color is a nice deep red. It was only $3 or so. Polish went on nicely and lasted several days. Would buy again!

on 6/16/2007 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried Milani Nail Laquer in Magenta Metal - a gorgeous metallic magenta with blue undertones. Polish went on well but needed 3 coats for opacity. Color dried a little dull but a topcoat brought the gloss back. It looked great for 3 days, but on day 4 it started to chip horribly, and touch-ups were futile as they would chip almost immediately.
I thought my first experience may have been a fluke so I tried it again this week with exactly the same results, chipping horribly after day 3 (I always get 5-6 days without chipping with my holy grail Avon Nailwear). Polish is cheap enough but I don't have the time to re-do it every 4 days, so this one's going in the trash :(

on 12/5/2006 6:47:00 PM

This review is for Glitzy Stars. What a lovely topcoat. Did not mean to purchase nail polish today, but it caught my eye. It is a great top dazzler with very fine, yet profuse glitter. I love it. A beautiful silver-white that can be used in numerous ways. As usual, the great Milani quality as far as application & drying time. Love it because it is not over the top, giant glitter chunks. Milani really had it down.

on 11/28/2006 7:45:00 PM

I bought Milani in Sweetie Pie when it was onsale and I'm in love. It's a gorgeous color and dries incredibly smoothly. My only complaint is that I need to put on three coats to get some real color, which can be annoying.

on 11/26/2006 2:23:00 PM

Blargh! This is cheap crap. It takes forever to dry and it chips in a hurry. Such a shame, as this is the only brand in which I can consistently find black nail polish. Which means I do repurchase it in that color only. I combine it with Orly nail bonder and a good topcoat to get it to last and to dry faster.

Top Rated Milani Products