Maybelline Sky High Curves Extreme Length and Curl [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

on 9/11/2008 4:56:00 PM

May add some curl but nothing very noticeable. I havenít found that any mascara I've tried really lives up to the "curling" claim. It did add a good amount of volume while still looking natural and would go on smooth without clumps, but I eventually had to look for something else because it consistently got dry and flaky causing me to clean up my under eye area by mid-afternoon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Tried this product after a buy 1 get 1 free deal. I used to use Unstoppable. But I LOVE this mascara. I can't go back to the other one. What I love about this is that it makes my lashes a bit thicker, and longer, but the big plus is that it also holds the curl in from my eyelash curler. This makes my eyes look more open and awake. Other mascaras don't do this for me.

Other pluses: No running, no clumps, lasts all day. Can take off with soap and water, which is a must for me.

on 8/21/2008 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got this mascara as a buy one get one free deal (buy one regular, get a waterproof free). The regular mascara did nothing spectacular, but the waterproof worked ok after two or three coats. It was very drying and impossible to get off. I did like the brush though.

on 8/19/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This did give me a lot of curl and length, but it was very drying on my lashes and it also smeared quite a bit on me. I found the black to be very strong - and too much for me. I prefer Loreal Lash Out for curl and length.

on 8/12/2008 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using this mascara on and off for a few years. I love that it actually CURLS my eyelashes! Well, not the dramatic crimp that an eyelash curler gives, but just enough of a lift so they're not pointing down (I'm Eastern European, and while my lashes are nice enough, they do point straight instead of slightly up). I love this for everyday use so I don't have to worry about curling my eyelashes. However, I can only give this a 4 because it does tend to dry out fast, or if you pick up an old one off the shelf it's not that great.

I definitely would not plan on re-purchasing this. I only bought it because it was recommended for small eyes [since im asian] however, this only volumizes and thickens a bit. it doesnt lengthen, so that was a bit disappointing. nothing great about it. i wouldnt recommend it to a friend

on 8/8/2008 4:15:00 PM

Never again!This mascara gave me black,spidery,heavy lashes.The worts thing is that is sooo clumpy and flakes like hell!!Also, the more you put on, the less curled lashes you have.

I really like this mascara.

It's kind of a thin consistency and it does require a few extra coats, but it holds a curl very well (if I use an eyelash curler before hand).

It tends to dry out a little sooner than some other mascaras, bet it's best to replace mascara every month or so anyway.

Also, it doesn't clump or flake. I find with lots of mascaras that sometimes tiny flakes or threads end up in the inner corner of my eye, which sucks because I wear contacts and have sensitive eyes. I haven't had that problem with this mascara.

I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/25/2008 11:26:00 PM

I loved this mascara! Why I have not gone out an bought it again is beyond me...
It curled the lashes so nicely and just made the lashes look beautiful! Almost false! Which I think is a sign a mascara is pretty sweet.
It was a light formula which is fantastic when it gets warm out or you work yourself into a frenzy lol! No clumps and flaking is non existant!
But it loses a lippy for being $8 a tube for such a small amount and it does tend to dry out quickly.
All in all I think its a great mascara. One day I really should go out and pick up another tube.

on 7/25/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is an awesome mascara! I don't know why all the bad reviews! The trick is to let it dry and then use your lash curler if desired. The first time I used this...my hubby started laughing. They make your lashes look really false. So, if that is the look you are going for..then this is the mascara for you! It is now my HG mascara!

Popular Mascaras